• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What Is Your Favorite TV Show?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Haven't seen face off or even heard of it. We finally got the first episode of Galavant last night....very funny show....but it's too short!

jan19

Enthusiast
I like House, but I can't watch more than 3 or 4 episodes in a row on one of the networks that shows it in reruns.
The whole cast is pretty good, but even though Hugh Laurie is a fantastic actor, the House character gets under my skin after a while.

Yes, he can be very irritating. But the funny parts kind of balance everything out, and I like the supporting case, unless they're being irritating, too. :)

I haven't watched much fantasy, since TrueBlood. My brother likes the Walking Dead, but I can't get into that.

There was a series called Longmire that was on for awhile; it's pretty good. That '70s show was funny, the first time I watched it. Not one of those I can watch over and over though. Criminal Minds is usually interesting.

Oh -- my childhood Old West shows like Gunsmoke and Bonanza and the Big Valley...love those, but I pretty much have them memorized. :)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
As of Season 4, Longmire is now a Netflix original. It's even better than it was (in my not so humble opinion). A&E cancelled it even though it consistently had a strong audience ... because the viewers it attracts are older, and therefore less likely to spend money on shiney new tings.

Season 5 is now in production. While the series takes place in Wyoming, I didn't realize it's actually filmed in New Mexico.

jan19

Enthusiast
As of Season 4, Longmire is now a Netflix original. It's even better than it was (in my not so humble opinion). A&E cancelled it even though it consistently had a strong audience ... because the viewers it attracts are older, and therefore less likely to spend money on shiney new tings.

Season 5 is now in production. While the series takes place in Wyoming, I didn't realize it's actually filmed in New Mexico.

A friend of mine will be glad to hear that Longmire is continuing. She liked the series to the point of reading all the books. :)

I just realized I mis-spelled "cast" -- as in supporting cast -- in my last post. I'm gonna blame that on auto-correct. ;-) I hate it when I make stupid mistakes like that.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I never watched Longmire regularly, but I did like the episodes I did watch. I was surprised A&E had cancelled it.

I also watch Criminal Minds, mostly because the stories are more unusual than other law enforcement shows, though it's definitely not for the faint of heart.

jan19

Enthusiast
I also watch Criminal Minds, mostly because the stories are more unusual than other law enforcement shows, though it's definitely not for the faint of heart.

No, definitely not. I've heard several people say it's too graphic for them, although the story lines are good.

There was a good Gunsmoke on today -- Harry Morgan ordered his three sons to find wives, so they stole some town women -- and Miss Hanna. :D That's one of my favorites. I like the Sergeant Holly episodes, too, although one of them made the "10 worst Gunsmoke episodes" list.

I'm out of touch. I watched a little of Survivor tonight and thought, "what do people like about this?" I don't watch many contemporary shows.

frogimus

Adventurous
Criminal Minds and such ... it seems that a little light and hope in me dies every time I watch something like that and realize there are really people like that in the world.

Britt

Admirable
Face Off is a show that has makeup artists compete against each other in teams to create characters with full costumes etc!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Britt...that sounds like it would be interesting. I don't normally like reality shows. I am totally with Jan on that I don't get the appeal.

I love Criminal Minds but it can be depressing at times to watch or to watch too many episodes at once.

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm not into reality shows either. I agree about Criminal Minds, as some of the episodes have quite a "dark" story line.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't think I've had that happen, but there have been episodes where I actually cringe.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Some of the ones where Spencer is fighting the addiction after being abducted and while he was abducted just really get to me.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, that one episode where a guy was "channeling" his abusive father, and had Spencer in his clutches? Yeah that was a hard one to watch.

Believe it or not, Spencer's probably my favorite character, though I do miss the character Mandy Patinkin played, though I can't remember the character's name at the minute.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yep...that's the one. Yes...he is one of mine also. And yes the character Mandy Patinkin played was fantastic...

Miss B

CV-BEE
I first saw Mandy Patinkin on Broadway when he starred opposite Patty LaPone in the original Evita musical. I don't think his character sang, though that was circa 1979-1980, so don't really recall.