• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What Is Your Favorite TV Show?

jan19

Enthusiast
Criminal Minds...no more Derek! I watched the latest episode last night. Now, that's a heartbreaker. Derek is a good character, although I do like Spencer, too.

Matthew Gray Gubler (Spencer) is also a painter in real life. His style isn't realistic, but I read that his paintings sell, the minute they're put online. Fans, I guess.

Read last night, while idly Googling stuff about popular tv shows, that Hugh Laurie (House) is returning to tv as a doctor in a series called Chance, I think. Not sure about the network it'll be on.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I liked Derek. I like all the characters and how they interact with each other, not just how they interact with folks involved with the cases they work on.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Criminal Minds...no more Derek! I watched the latest episode last night. Now, that's a heartbreaker. Derek is a good character, although I do like Spencer, too.
I haven't seen the latest season yet...no Derek...that is a heartbreaker. He was a cutie!

frogimus

Adventurous

Matthew Gray Gubler (Spencer) is also a painter in real life. His style isn't realistic, but I read that his paintings sell, the minute they're put online. Fans, I guess.

Read last night, while idly Googling stuff about popular tv shows, that Hugh Laurie (House) is returning to tv as a doctor in a series called Chance, I think. Not sure about the network it'll be on.

I just saw a story on ET where Shemar Moore says he's just taking a break and may return to Criminal Minds in the future.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
That's IT! I GIVE UP on Game of Thrones!!! I just watched Season 5 (not a spoiler unless you didn't watch last years season) on DVD...Season 6 starts in April...but I don't subscribe to ANY TV... Anyway... I have gotten into fast forwarding the battles (just TOO gritty for me!!) ... so doing that with season 5, well, not much left to watch... I'm SO disappointed... my son said there was MORE dragons... NOT!! After she locked up the two siblings (STUPID WOMAN, IMHO!) and the eldest black one flew off, only the one episode before last had a spectacular, but short, bit where he came back to rescue her... but for me, I'M SO DONE with GOT... too dark, violent, sad, depressing... I mean, come on, killing off John Snow? Who is left that has heart? ONLY the dwarf in my opinion, wonderfully played by Peter Dinklege.. (spell).

My life is hard enough without the whole season being such a downer... I was so fascinated by the first two - three seasons... oh well...

I'm going to now watch SILKS from BBC (re-watch season 1, then my new season 2 DVD set)... I LOVE lawyer shows!

AND I've ordered LOST GIRL season 5 & 6 on DVD...that will be cool - such a great series!! SO PLEASE NO SPOILERS FOR THE LAST TWO SEASONS of Lost Girl, thanks!!

Miss B

CV-BEE
I just saw a story on ET where Shemar Moore says he's just taking a break and may return to Criminal Minds in the future.
Ohhhh, I hope you're right. I remember when William Peterson left CSI to do some live stage work in his native Chicago, and then came back to CSI. Maybe Shemar Moore has plans for a movie while he's off the show. Then again, maybe he just needs a break and will be back for the new season in the Fall.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
After having read the first three Game of Thrones books, I'm not entirely sure I'd watch the series. I hadn't yet read the book where Jon Stark is killed, but I had heard he died. Something like that isn't going to stay secret :p

George R.R. Martin has left it open that Jon may have survived. So, we shall see. After all, he wouldn't be the first character who supposedly died, but survived.

Miss B

CV-BEE
It was at the end of book 5, and I don't think he'll survive to book 6, but with Hollywood, you never know. ;)

Zaarin

Brilliant
After having read the first three Game of Thrones books, I'm not entirely sure I'd watch the series. I hadn't yet read the book where Jon Stark is killed, but I had heard he died. Something like that isn't going to stay secret :p

George R.R. Martin has left it open that Jon may have survived. So, we shall see. After all, he wouldn't be the first character who supposedly died, but survived.
I'm not personally a fan of George R.R. Martin, but if you like fantasy with lots of politics, I recommend Ken Liu's The Grace of Kings. It's not a perfect book, but at its best it achieves greatness. This is Liu's first book; he's going places, for sure. I see him compared to Martin fairly often, but unlike Martin he doesn't forget that in the midst of the brutality there's still beauty in the world.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks for the recommend Zaarin. I just took a look at Amazon, and it looks like book 2, The Wall of Storms, is out in hardcover. It also mentions Liu has won a couple/three awards already with his very first book. Niiiiice. :)

Last edited:

Zaarin

Brilliant
Thanks for the recommend Zaarin. I just took a look at Amazon, and it looks like book 2, The Wall of Storms, is out in hardcover. It also mentions Liu has won a couple/three awards already with his very first book. Niiiiice. :)
I had no idea the second book was out! Sadly, my library doesn't have it yet. :( I know his (mainly sci-fi) short stories have won Nebula and Hugo awards as well. I actually rarely read things that were even published in my lifetime, let alone last year, but The Grace of Kings caught my attention. :D (Considering I want to get published, I probably ought to read more modern fiction...)

Ah, I see on his website that The Wall of Storms is coming out in October.

frogimus

Adventurous
It's funny. I can't watch GoT. I saw an interview with Martin once, and can't stand the man. Don't even remember why, but I won't buy/read/watch anything associated with him.

BTW, saw where CBS hasn't renewed Criminal Minds, CSI:Cyber, and Supergirl. These shows may have run their course.