• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Because it takes me SO long to finish my more complex renders... here is my "cowpoke's horse" ready to go in what I'm working on now...
the yellow color is my 'camp fire lighting' in prep for assembling my cowboy and his horse in fire-lit night scene... I'm proud of my
bedroll I created in Poser with the high rez ball and the morph tool... it's got Fabi's blanket texture with displacement turned off,
and I did post work with bits of the rein to 'tie' the bedroll to the saddle... oh and the horse is reaching for an apple, hence his open
mouth... (to show off this AMAZING true western bridle BIT for one thing! LOL!) I love how the reins allow for individual posing!!

CowpokeHorse7forum.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Excellent render Rae. :)

Lyne, I'm liking your finished cowpoke's horse, it's looking really good. ;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Great render Lyne, I can't wait to see it finished and getting that apple (at the moment he looks like he's laughing at me :p)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Fantastic renders all!!

Flint Gorgeous scene and such a sweet little dog and beautiful butterflies!

Lyne, Awesome bedroll!! I must try doing that at some point!

Hornet terrific Vue renders I really love the scenery you chose!

SimonJM, Three Harry's, one Dawn (mounted), two Western saddles, plus a G2M and G3F and one dirty old man and a cat that can do tricks!! LOL =) I guess that filly showed him!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Rae, BEAUTIFUL!!! I loved clicking to see the full size version! :)
I forgot to mention click to make bigger (I usually do if its a thumbnail). I'm really happy with the way the texture on Dusks horse looks in Iray, you wouldn't guess it was originally from the Friesian :p (in 3Delight it doesn't look so realistic).

Here is a slightly different angle, a bit smaller and using the HDRi as a background and lighting (its the same HDRi I used for the lighting of the other one).
The textures are the ones Faery_Light's working on for her new pack.

I'm loving the hooves she's done for both and the mottling around the eyes and nose on the Appy are perfect :)
The Race 2.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks everyone.

Chris, the first one is a stock image from Deviant Art (info in the description on the media page) and the 2nd one is just the HDRi (I love it, its my fave, great lighting and pretty hills :D)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
coolness Rae!!

I was messing around in my Poser looking for something to create "saddle bags" for my cowboy scene... and I rediscovered the old Horsefeathers (freeStuff, Rendo I believe, not sure if it's still there) SIDE SADDLE for the P4 horse... well... next thing you know... !! I did lighten the image so you could see it against the default harry coat...
SideSaddle.jpg