• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Umm... it's not a pigeon or a caracal but... maybe my inspiration for the 2017 rendering contest wasn't the best. :)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Yes, definitely a chance. Love the idea. I think once Laurie is able to get back to this animal. Actually we have a lioness and lion to finish up first. But once we create a tiger, I would imagine it wouldn't take much to create a white version from the regular version. But Laurie could speak better for this.
And of course an albino shaggy lion would warm my runtime nicely!

Harimau

Eager
A Caracal would certainly be a nice addition to the big (or rather, medium) cat collection. Though the turfted ears resemble a lynx, they are not closely related. The Caracal is closely related to the Serval, another slim, big eared and lanky (long legged) cat. They are both great jumpers and leapers. Since you are doing a Caracal, may I request a Serval as well?

A Serval:
serval_shutterstock_124773505.jpg

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Since a white tiger is already part of the queue, looks like that would be easily kitbashed from the white tiger+caracal ears. The only challenge is in the waiting... ... ... ... ... ... ... s...o...o...o...o...o...o...o...o...o...o...o...o...o...o...n LOL

Zaarin

Brilliant
Since a white tiger is already part of the queue, looks like that would be easily kitbashed from the white tiger+caracal ears. The only challenge is in the waiting... ... ... ... ... ... ... s...o...o...o...o...o...o...o...o...o...o...o...o...o...o...n LOL
The face is kind of lynx like, too--sort of a mix of lynx and tiger.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I am old and time is. A wasting..... lol

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Ok, not fluffy like you sample Carmen but this is just a really quick go. Lots of dials available to change ear shape etc, just a matter of playing with them. The coat is the bump map just re-saved and made whiter.