RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

Been thinking about this one for some time now. So as I modeled the Horse starting from Dawn. I thought I'd start the big cat modeling from the Horse. I'm planning to morph this as long as I can before I need to discard the hooves and model the feet properly. Just please keep in mind this is just the start. Starts are always a bit scary, but also exciting.

My plan is to create the big cat base as a leopard/panther. This will be a great base in my view. From there we can create morphs for other bigger cats like the Cheetah, Jaguar, Lion, Tiger, but can also take it to similar shapes like the cougar and even smaller cats like ocelot and bobcat . And yes, down the line, this will be a great start for creating a short hair dog base and even a house cat.

So it begins...

Leopard1.JPG Leopard2.JPG Leopard2a.JPG Leopard3.JPG Leopard3a.JPG Leopard4.JPG Leopard5.JPG Leopard6.JPG

Tempesta3d likes this.
  2. Sunfire

Sunfire One Busy Little Bee QAV-BEE Contributing Artist

Kitty has a very long face, why's kitty so sad? ;) :D

Kitty is looking good Chris!

3. JOdel

JOdel Extraordinary HW Honey Bear

Well right now it's rather a chimera (barring the goat components of the traditional version) But I'm looking forward to watching it develop. Particularly the paws.

4. Pendraia

Pendraia Seasoned Contributing Artist

Looking good Chris...I didn't pick up the Big cat2 over at Daz as the face bothered me for some reason. Just didn't look right but I know how thorough you are so I'm looking forward to what you can do with this.

5. Sunfire

Sunfire One Busy Little Bee QAV-BEE Contributing Artist

I know why he's got such a long face! His shoes hurt! *giggles and runs off to bed before she comes up with worse*

6. JOdel

Well they certainly look several sizes too small...
    For a cat.

7. Chris

Thanks folks. I'm confident we'll be able to pull this one off. Looking forward to this with great excitement really.

8. JOdel

And I am certainly looking forward to an animal with proper *feet*.

9. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

oh yeah. I'm also looking forward to this!

And ... little cat too?!? I probably used the mil cat more than any other animal, but it's just doesn't stand up to Harry!

10. Willowisp

Willowisp Adventurous

He needs a cheeseburger :D

11. Lorraine

Lorraine The Wicked Witch of the North CV-BEE

It's going to be so interesting to watch the metamorphosis from horse to cat. I am in awe of your modelling, Chris.

12. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

No question about that Lorraine!

13. Chris

Thanks folks. This should be a fun and worthy challenge for sure. Paul will certainly be the right person to rig this too. He's already thinking of how to make this the best rigged animal.

14. Flint_Hawk

Flint_Hawk Ambitious

:thankyou2:What exciting news! I will be watching this thread with bated breath! And you mentioned dogs too! :applause:

15. Chris

What? With fries and a chocolate shake?

16. Willowisp

Willowisp Adventurous

I don't know, the lolcat meme doesn't say anything about that.. But cats usually like milk, so maybe a vanilla shake?

17. NapalmArsenal

NapalmArsenal Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

You know this would be a fantastic opportunity to bring awareness to the endangered and threatened big cats such as the snow leopard, clouded leopard, Siberian Tiger, Asiatic Cheetah, Asiatic Lion, and the Egyptian Caracal to name a few.

This is a link to the Big Cats - Born Free -Foundation

Big Cats

There are about 2,500 Bengal Tigers left in the wild and an adult Siberian Tiger population of only around 250.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    LisaB likes this.
  18. Willowisp

Willowisp Adventurous

That's a very good idea.. something along the lines of what Ken is doing for endangered birds with his bird products

19. NapalmArsenal

NapalmArsenal Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

Yes, you could add information to a file about the species that would go along with the purchase of the product sort of like a field guide. Maybe even donate to the foundation in an annual sale or some such.
    [​IMG]
    Baby Cloud Leopard!

[​IMG]
    Snow Leopard! Just look at those baby blues.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  20. Chris

All great ideas.

Especially the vanilla shake, attention to endangered species, vanilla shake, proper feet to get rid of the long face, and even the vanilla shake.

Pendraia and Lorraine like this.