• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that for security purposes our store and forum are on two separate servers so you will require a separate login for each. The store will ask you for your Real Name (WILL NOT BE displayed to the public) and the forum will ask you for a User Name (WILL BE displayed to the public). You may use the same email address and password for both.
  • Pick up your free items and join our Stay Home - Spread Hope Render Challenge.

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Church (Churchill not to be confused with the cat from Stephen King's Pet Cemetery) might of sort of started out that way, but He's a boy.
IMG_4820.jpg
 
Last edited:

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
When I was a kid, I had a white cat... well two actually, one was male the other female, they each had one blue eye and one green eye, their parents had the same, as did their siblings. My neighbors owned the parents, and the kittens those parents threw, rare was the kitten who had eyes the same color, and I don't think I ever saw a kitten that wasn't white be born from those two cats.

I actually like learning about how certain colorings happen among animals, especially the big cats... Black tigers, black lions, white of both, and of course black panthers. I didn't know that palamino was one of those colorings that don't necessarily breed true. So I learned something new. :)
 

JOdel

Extraordinary
HW Honey Bear
Where is the edit button? I see a typo in my last post and don't see the edit button to go fix it.

I see it for this post, but not the last one. Is there a time limit on editing posts?
 

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Where is the edit button? I see a typo in my last post and don't see the edit button to go fix it.

I see it for this post, but not the last one. Is there a time limit on editing posts?
I had that happen while I was loading up my long list of Blender Forum, Help and Tutorial links last week, and I reported it, and it was fixed. I don't think there should be any type of time limit. Why don't you PM Alisa and tell her. If she can't fix it, I'm sure she'll have Lisa check it out when she gets a chance.
 

JOdel

Extraordinary
HW Honey Bear
Well it isn't that important. I suspect everyone knows I meant panther even though what came out was probably painter. The stupid OS keeps replacing mistyped words with ones which are impeccably spelled, but the *wrong words*.
 

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You know, if you hadn't posted about it, I would never have noticed, because I read it as panther the first time I read the post earlier.

I get replaced words when I type something on my smartphone or my tablet. If there's a misspelling when I'm on my laptop, then it's just me being clumsy with my fingers on the wrong keys. :)

I can understand it if it's a one-time thing, but if it happens again, then report it, because it could just be something that's easy to fix.
 

JOdel

Extraordinary
HW Honey Bear
Clearly I need to check every post once it's up and correct it before the edit window closes.
 

Pendraia

Seasoned
Contributing Artist
All great ideas.

Especially the vanilla shake, attention to endangered species, vanilla shake, proper feet to get rid of the long face, and even the vanilla shake.
Someone get Chris a Vanilla Shake before he models one and tries to enjoy it! LOL (And while you're getting him one, I wouldn't say no to one either ;) )

I like the idea about the endangered cats. The cloud leopard looks a lot like the snow leopard and they're both lovely! When I was young I wanted to have the big cats for pets. Leopards, panthers, tigers, lions. Why? Because I saw something on TV about how endangered they were. I don't have any of the great cats, but my current cat is a tiger striped tabby, dark grey and an orange-ish-brown-ish-grey-ish with white.
rofl...looks around the forum to see where Alisa stashed the refreshments...Vanilla thickshakes would be might nice right now!
 

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Where is the edit button? I see a typo in my last post and don't see the edit button to go fix it.

I see it for this post, but not the last one. Is there a time limit on editing posts?

I added your "h" to make "panther". Certainly don't want you to fret. I mess stuff up all the time.
 

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
rofl...looks around the forum to see where Alisa stashed the refreshments...Vanilla thickshakes would be might nice right now!
Having a bite of cheesecake this morning before hitting the gym. Got dessert last night at a restaurant and ended up taking it home. But... oh soooo tasty now!

Yeah baby!!!
 

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
That domestic Venus (why name it that?) cat creeps me out....and I'm a "cat person".... but tooooo strange for me! :confused:
 

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Having a bite of cheesecake this morning before hitting the gym. Got dessert last night at a restaurant and ended up taking it home. But... oh soooo tasty now!

Yeah baby!!!
Ohhhh, one of my all time favorite desserts is cheesecake. My friends and I used to rate restaurants by how good their cheesecakes were. ;)
 

Pendraia

Seasoned
Contributing Artist
Having a bite of cheesecake this morning before hitting the gym. Got dessert last night at a restaurant and ended up taking it home. But... oh soooo tasty now!

Yeah baby!!!
Yummy! I haven't had cheesecake in a while. I'm going to have to start exercising and watching my weight...going to be so hard as I love the things I shouldn't.
 

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder

Codominance.

It's the same when you get a Palamino. You cross a chestnut and a cremello and through codominance you get the Palamino. You can't cross a Palamino with a Palamino and get another Palamino 100% of the time. You either get a chestnut 25% or a cremello 25% and 50% chance of a Palamino but a bit diluted depending on what gene pairs match up, but it's a little different with horses because it occurs sometimes when you have a carrier of either a chestnut or a cremello gene that are crossed then you sometimes will get a Palamino offspring.

Yes, I know tell me to shut up! My science background is showing. Sorry.

This is indeed a beautiful creature!! Wow!!
 

Satira Capriccio

Distinguished
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I just finished a slice of chocolate cake! I missed the holiday party Wednesday here at the apartments. I didn't realize it was that night and someone had removed the flyer from the elevator I rode up to my floor. Bad, bad people!

So ... office staff gave me a slice of chocolate cake when I told them how sad I was to have missed the party.

I was sad!
 

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ours is tomorrow afternoon, and I'm looking forward to it. One the the kids living on the other side of the building is quite a cook, and I'm curious as to what he's cooking up this year. ;)
 

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
When I was a kid, I had a white cat... well two actually, one was male the other female, they each had one blue eye and one green eye, their parents had the same, as did their siblings. My neighbors owned the parents, and the kittens those parents threw, rare was the kitten who had eyes the same color, and I don't think I ever saw a kitten that wasn't white be born from those two cats.

I actually like learning about how certain colorings happen among animals, especially the big cats... Black tigers, black lions, white of both, and of course black panthers. I didn't know that palamino was one of those colorings that don't necessarily breed true. So I learned something new. :)
If both parents exhibit the traits, then all of their offspring will inherit those gene pairs from the parents wHwH X wHwH you most likely can't get the same colored eyes because the alleles are not present in the parents, but you did say that there were some offspring that did have the same colored eyes so it sounds like both parents are a carrier of wh (normal eye color) but exhibit the wHwh ( white fur heterochromia eyes) phenotype and therefore there would be about 25% chance of getting a white cat with the same colored whwh eyes and 75% chance of getting different colored eyes if you construct a Punnet square.

The heterochromia trait is more prevalent in white cats and is sometimes associated with deafness that is linked to the solid white gene. Your cats where not by chance deaf in one ear on the side with the blue eye as that is a common phenotype when those genes pair.

Bleah!! Sorry, I was probably a geneticist in a former life!

This is indeed a beautiful creature!! Wow!!
A rare and exotic beauty slowly vanishing. :(

When I was a kid, I was a big fan of the Jungle Book and Rikki-Tikki-Tavi by Rudyard Kipling. I am very thrilled that you want to start with the Jaguar.

Bagheera is sometimes depicted as having this melanism trait. It allows him to be sort of camouflaged in the jungle canopy. He was always my favorite character.

"Everybody knew Bagheera, and nobody dared to cross his path; for he was as cunning as the jackal , as bold as the wild buffalo, and as reckless as the wounded elephant. But he had a voice as soft as wild honey dripping from a tree, and a skin softer than down."
 
Last edited:
Top