• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Sooo much talent! Any bee snow sculptures this year? (I don't know how warm or snowy it's been in Utah this year.)

Tons of snow in the mountains, but not enough in the valleys yet.

Cool that you remember that snow bee. Funny you say that thought, because I do have a new snowbee in mind this year.

Here is the one from a couple years ago.

HiveWire Snow Bee2.jpg
HiveWire Snow Bee3.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Been spending a lot of time over the weekend and today on our Big Cat. Primarily working on the front lower leg and foot and paw. No claws yet. Will add claws tomorrow. Modeled the paws partially spread, which will make this easier and better for Paul to group and do the rigging. Been looking over books and such for proper reference to bony structure, proper musculature and tendons.

Will move on to the shoulder area, and back to refine the nose and face, then back to body and hind legs and tail. Will save the inner mouth parts for last, before UV work and facial morphing.

Leopard10.JPG
Leopard11.JPG
Leopard12.JPG
Leopard13.JPG
Leopard14.JPG
Leopard15.JPG
Leopard16.JPG
Leopard17.JPG

It's getting there now at least.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Wow...they are looking great! I like the idea of spreading the paws to help with rigging. Sounds like they will be more poseable than previous cats.

Alisa, some cafes and McDonalds call milkshakes, frappes here. You used to be able to get milkshakes at the local milk bar(read newspaper, lolly shop and general store type shop) but most milk bars have been replaced with Seven Eleven's. We still have a couple around near where I live though...used to love going and buying lollies as a child with less than 20 cents. It was fun to choose which lollies you wanted and try to maximise your purchase. Looking for those lollies where you got 8 for one cent. These days your lucky to get 1 lolly for 5 cents which is the smallest coin we have now.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I do love that snow bee, and I love the way the cat is shaping up.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Oh, thanks for posting the snow bee, Chris - I love that, too!!

Alisa, some cafes and McDonalds call milkshakes, frappes here. You used to be able to get milkshakes at the local milk bar(read newspaper, lolly shop and general store type shop) but most milk bars have been replaced with Seven Eleven's. We still have a couple around near where I live though...used to love going and buying lollies as a child with less than 20 cents. It was fun to choose which lollies you wanted and try to maximise your purchase. Looking for those lollies where you got 8 for one cent. These days your lucky to get 1 lolly for 5 cents which is the smallest coin we have now.

Oh, I hear you on prices changing! Wow - you have 7-11 there? We don't have any in our area. Interesting to hear that they're called frappes there, too!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
YAY for the Snow Bee!! :D

The cat paws are looking good Chris. Keep up the good work. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Love the claws Chris...
Oh, I hear you on prices changing! Wow - you have 7-11 there? We don't have any in our area. Interesting to hear that they're called frappes there, too!
Yep...they're quite common over here.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Great claws. The feet are already worlds better than either the MilBigCat or the DAZ BigCat 2. But does the "thumb" really stick out that much, and are the "wrists" quite that close to the paw pads? The wrists I can believe, but I never noticed a big cat's thumbs being that big.

Or is that just due to modeling them with the toes spread?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Great claws. The feet are already worlds better than either the MilBigCat or the DAZ BigCat 2. But does the "thumb" really stick out that much, and are the "wrists" quite that close to the paw pads? The wrists I can believe, but I never noticed a big cat's thumbs being that big.

Or is that just due to modeling them with the toes spread?

I'll continue to refine as I go. Some of this is just the nature of the creative process. Shave a little here, add a bit there. That type of thing. But I do believe I have a good look so far for the feet. The digits will all look more appropriate in size when pulled in. That's my thinking anyway. We'll see.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Here's showing some of the retopology and shaping on the shoulder area. It's all a bit too detailed right now, but this can all be softened up to. I want to make sure I have what we need to properly represent muscular shaping so far. Moving on to neck and head tomorrow.

Leopard22.JPG
Leopard23.JPG
Leopard24.JPG
Leopard25.JPG