• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
And of course whether they would still open is another issue. I'm always hitting that wall with Studio. Not so badly since 4.0, but still often enough.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
With Bryce I never had a problem opening an older file in a newer version (but then again I only ever had ver. 5 & 6), but it's also been several years since I've done much with it. Poser I usually don't have a problem with older files in newer versions except some older models kind of "de-frag"/do some odd things in some of the newer versions. Def Studio the lighting changed so much/didn't support poser lights anymore, in 4 that yeah I can see files made with versions 2 and 3 crashing pretty badly.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I could hardly open a DS3 file six months later in DS3. No idea what the issue was, but it was like working with disposable files.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Bryce was my "raison d'etre" into the 3d world:) 2006 was a big year for me as that was the year I finally got a Wacom Intuos tablet. How did I ever survive without one for so many years I'll never understand:)

Laurie
A wonderful render Laurie, and Bryce was my initiation into 3D as well back in 2001/2002. In fact, I was hiding out in Renderosity's Bryce forum for about 4 years before I joined DAZ and RDNA and discovered Poser could do scenic renders as well. I got into Bryce because it was used to create the original Myst (and I think Riven), which I had on my Windows 98 SE computer back in the day. Later versions, and editions, of the game were created with Maya, but the original Myst game got me hooked on Bryce. I have version 7.1 now, but haven't used it in a long time. Hmmm . . .

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
More wips for today.

Just roughing in the back feet and I threw a tail on just for looks. The final tail will be straight out for rigging.

Leopard26.JPG
Leopard27.JPG

Leopard28.JPG

Leopard29.JPG

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Kewl Chris!!

LOL so I am doing a major purge/clean of my office and all my computers etc this week (looks like a bomb went off in it ...oh... 4 or 5 years ago:) and lo and behold I found that old Daz calendar:) I had forgotten I had 2 pieces in it... (another old Bryce piece:)

Blast from the past for sure!:)

Laurie

DazCal2007.jpg

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks Flint, Rita, Pen and Alisa!

I really loved Bryce/wanted it for years and then finally in the summer in 2004 I saw Daz had bought the old Corel 5 version and had it for $99. (I remember back when it was like $499 and couldn't justify spending that on it then. I really should take another dip into it. There was so much I really loved about it.

Laurie

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh and Chris . . . I WANT, I WANT, I WANT!!!!

Any idea when the "big cat" will be in the store? :D

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Oh and Chris . . . I WANT, I WANT, I WANT!!!!

Any idea when the "big cat" will be in the store? :D

That's funny. I have no clue. I'd like to say in January, but I know that it won't be ready by then. I have another week of modeling I would imagine. Need to finesse quite a bit still. Then model inner mouth and create morphs and UVs. Still need to get maps done also. Then have Paul create the rig.

Paul is wrapping up the last of the conversion of our Baby Luna Expressions today, then he'll create imagery for it. Then he'll be back to finish up the Western Tack, then Shetland Pony rigging and conversion, then Asian Elephant rigging. THEN PROBABLY the HiveWire Big Cat rigging. So he's got a bit of work in front of him still.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Laurie, yes that's the calendar I was thinking of. I still have a couple of those kicking around that I've kept as good ole memories of the glory days from DAZ. Glad that you still have a copy as well.

Those are still amazing images too.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Every one of those sounds like something I want in my content library.

I am also, down the road looking forward to a better mane for a lion. The MilBigCat's mane was probably as good as it got when it was released, but it is showing its age badly. And any time I use it there's a major need of postwork (drat the autocorrect) to get rid of gaps ridges or kinks.

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's funny. I have no clue. I'd like to say in January, but I know that it won't be ready by then. I have another week of modeling I would imagine. Need to finesse quite a bit still. Then model inner mouth and create morphs and UVs. Still need to get maps done also. Then have Paul create the rig.

Paul is wrapping up the last of the conversion of our Baby Luna Expressions today, then he'll create imagery for it. Then he'll be back to finish up the Western Tack, then Shetland Pony rigging and conversion, then Asian Elephant rigging. THEN PROBABLY the HiveWire Big Cat rigging. So he's got a bit of work in front of him still.
That's OK Chris, I wasn't really rushing you. ;)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Beautiful renders Laurie!

Things are looking amazing!!

Could I ask that when you get to the head sculpt could you please define the brow ridge and add some vertical and horizontal wrinkles? That's what gives cats their character.

Last edited: