• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
ooo just checked in to see the progress.... and OUTSTANDING, Chris!!! Yes, you got those claws and the "claw bed" perfect!! I know... I cut my kitty's nails! LOL!

Just so excited about this cat!!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hey Chris! That's right! I had forgotten about that Daz calendar- I think I still have that floating around here somewhere:)

Also had forgotten this guy I did the same year- a bit later. Again lots and lots of postwork...Def looking forward to the HW Big Cat!

ElGatoDelNoche.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hey Chris! That's right! I had forgotten about that Daz calendar- I think I still have that floating around here somewhere:)

Also had forgotten this guy I did the same year- a bit later. Again lots and lots of postwork...Def looking forward to the HW Big Cat!

View attachment 741

Oh my!!! I don't recall ever seeing this image Laurie. Wow that is just beautiful. My goodness! I can't get over how amazing this looks. Most impressive. Can't wait to see what you'll do with our cat.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Yes, is gorgeous... but with CHRIS's cat FEET, his cat(s) will really rock!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yeah, except for the feet the MilBigCat was a very good piece of work. Even though it did require postwork to really look great.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks all! Huh- this piece is in my Rendo gallery and was in my gallery at the old ArtZone. But yeah that was a long time ago now I guess:)

I will say I am expecting much better and bigger things from our HW Big Cat. Both Daz Big Cats frustrate me to no end. When I mean postwork, I mean I pretty much painted over his entire head, shoulders and chest and I think this piece took me about a month to do- here is one of the original raw renders for this piece,most likely done in Bryce- I did a lot of work in Bryce back then. (Bryce was my "raison d'etre" into the 3d world:) 2006 was a big year for me as that was the year I finally got a Wacom Intuos tablet. How did I ever survive without one for so many years I'll never understand:)

Laurie

JaguarRawRender.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
That's a lot of postwork, all right. Not to mention giving it practically a whole new background.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I know I went back in and redid the background/added a lot in Bryce after this raw render. I do remember it taking a long time to make a good material in Bryce for the trees - this render has a pretty awful version:) I often have several files for one image-this one was one I had the jaguar raw in. I used the Bryce mask option and he has his own layer:) A lot of my old files from that time have been lost- were on one of the very very few ext. hard drives I've lost over the years. Just happened to find this one raw render that had the jag in it:) The original Bryce files seems to be missing tho:(