• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Been thinking about this one for some time now. So as I modeled the Horse starting from Dawn. I thought I'd start the big cat modeling from the Horse. I'm planning to morph this as long as I can before I need to discard the hooves and model the feet properly. Just please keep in mind this is just the start. Starts are always a bit scary, but also exciting.

My plan is to create the big cat base as a leopard/panther. This will be a great base in my view. From there we can create morphs for other bigger cats like the Cheetah, Jaguar, Lion, Tiger, but can also take it to similar shapes like the cougar and even smaller cats like ocelot and bobcat . And yes, down the line, this will be a great start for creating a short hair dog base and even a house cat.

So it begins...

Leopard1.JPG
Leopard2.JPG
Leopard2a.JPG
Leopard3.JPG
Leopard3a.JPG
Leopard4.JPG
Leopard5.JPG
Leopard6.JPG

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Kitty has a very long face, why's kitty so sad? ;) :D

Kitty is looking good Chris!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well right now it's rather a chimera (barring the goat components of the traditional version) But I'm looking forward to watching it develop. Particularly the paws.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Looking good Chris...I didn't pick up the Big cat2 over at Daz as the face bothered me for some reason. Just didn't look right but I know how thorough you are so I'm looking forward to what you can do with this.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I know why he's got such a long face! His shoes hurt! *giggles and runs off to bed before she comes up with worse*

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks folks. I'm confident we'll be able to pull this one off. Looking forward to this with great excitement really.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
And I am certainly looking forward to an animal with proper *feet*.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
oh yeah. I'm also looking forward to this!

And ... little cat too?!? I probably used the mil cat more than any other animal, but it's just doesn't stand up to Harry!

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
It's going to be so interesting to watch the metamorphosis from horse to cat. I am in awe of your modelling, Chris.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks folks. This should be a fun and worthy challenge for sure. Paul will certainly be the right person to rig this too. He's already thinking of how to make this the best rigged animal.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
You know this would be a fantastic opportunity to bring awareness to the endangered and threatened big cats such as the snow leopard, clouded leopard, Siberian Tiger, Asiatic Cheetah, Asiatic Lion, and the Egyptian Caracal to name a few.

This is a link to the Big Cats - Born Free -Foundation

Big Cats

There are about 2,500 Bengal Tigers left in the wild and an adult Siberian Tiger population of only around 250.

Last edited:

Willowisp

Adventurous
You know this would be a fantastic opportunity to bring awareness to the endangered and threatened big cats such as the snow leopard, clouded leopard, Siberian Tiger, Asiatic Cheetah, Asiatic Lion, and the Egyptian Caracal to name a few.

This is a link to the Big Cats - Born Free -Foundation

Big Cats

That's a very good idea.. something along the lines of what Ken is doing for endangered birds with his bird products

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Yes, you could add information to a file about the species that would go along with the purchase of the product sort of like a field guide. Maybe even donate to the foundation in an annual sale or some such.

Baby Cloud Leopard!

Snow Leopard! Just look at those baby blues.

Last edited:

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
All great ideas.

Especially the vanilla shake, attention to endangered species, vanilla shake, proper feet to get rid of the long face, and even the vanilla shake.