• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I'd still like to see this lil' fantasy mix fella come out.

It's called a Slitten. Body of a kitten with a face of a Sloth mixed in. Look them up, they're cute.

Kitten20.JPG
Kitten21.JPG
Kitten22.JPG

I think I posted these a while back in the House Cat thread.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Oh yes, they *are* lovely. Will be looking forward to this. Well, as well as any other critters you decide to send down the pipe.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
They're so beautiful and sleek. Apparently some folks have them as pets. Oh wait... I guess that's not saying much, some crazy folks have tigers as pets too.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
If you have a tiger or lion as a pet, you've got to be at least a little crazy right?

I'm thinking that Laurie can start with the cougar map for this Caracal.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
eeeekkkkk!!! @Chris ... my FAVORITE exotic cat... they do have long legs tho... so I assume rigging will be needed... and texturing... are there people/time to do that? (want it so badly, afraid to get to excited, knowing Paul is over-loaded)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I gather that caracals have been kept as hunting beasts all the way back into antiquity, i.e., semi-domesticated. I think Egypt and probably Persian records both depict them.

I also understand that the cat among the pigeons was actually a caracal in a cage with the birds while people gambled on how long it would take for it to kill them all. So definitely kept for sport as much for utility.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I went looking for Caracal pics and found a few where the Caracal reminded me of a Lynx. I'm really getting a kick out of the hairs on the points of it's ears. Makes me think the Caracal is about to take off and fly. ;)

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
I don't suppose the Audubon judges would appreciate an "artistic" depiction of the cat among the pigeons in this year's render contest... It would be a fun way of showcasing both the cat and the birds, though. ;)