• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
WOOT! I don't know what it is about them I prefer. I guess it because it was so unusual the first time I ever saw one, I couldn't believe they existed, until I read they were found in the mountains, rather than in the desert, where I would expect them. Then I realized, they had to adapt to the environment, just like every other animal only found in certain regions.

If it is the cougar you are referring to the ARE found in the mountains and in the cities now too. LA and San Diego are being slowly overrun by Cougars/Mountain Lions, Coyotes and perhaps Wolves too. Some towns in the east have Black Bears nosing around neighborhoods too, and of course, we all hear on TV how Polar Bears are foraging garbage dumps in and around the towns there. They are running out of wild space and are moving in next door. Well there go our neighborhoods!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
SkeleCat (which came out today) is a different product than BoneZ (that's the skeleton). There's a Poser 11 issue that Sparky's trying to track, which is what's taking so long. The bones in the promo for SkeleCat are from BoneZ ;).
I hope they are not only being made to work in Poser 11 but also 2014 or older versions. I have Poser 11 but don't like it! :(

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
What about doing animal teats as an add-on? That seems like it would be easier to adjust and morph as a prop. (But I might have no idea what I am talking about! lol)

Well during the whole todo about Centaurs i got flying around over there and when the DAZ 1 horse was released, someone at DAZ a while back created horse teats set and a genital prop to tuck away beneath the tail if interested. You may want to check in the forums over there or if you want it and can't find it let me know it was a free gift for the community and I am sure he won't mind.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
What figures out of the box look real enough to you?

Roxie was the figure I considered to look most real out of the box, and just about everyone hated how she looked. Unfortunately, as with all Poser figures I've tried using, she was difficult for me to use.

The Victorias are all about as far from real as you can get in my opinion. Or perhaps by real I mean your average Jane on the street. V4 did allow me to make some rather fabulous (IMNSHO) creatures ... but she had some issues I just finally could no longer deal with (Oddly enough ... the day Dawn entered my runtime).

Since tone is difficult to pick up from typed words, I'm just curious. Real isn't my thing as should be rather obvious to anyone who has seen my stuff. But my idea of real is probably different from yours or any number of people we'd ask.
Well I have had no problem making V4 look like a kid or old woman or average plain Jane on the street as well as a guy. Her morphs are nice and all the extra stuff I have collected for her through the years have been very helpful to allow me to squeeze the most I can from her mesh. Even just using her ++ dials I get a lot different looks even closer to " REAL' as you define it. I looked at Roxie and found some nice body and face morphs for her but as usual....REINVESTMENT in yet another figure just does not set well for me. As she is in Poser she is way unuseable for my needs and without the other extras plug-in options she just wallows unused in my Runtime folder.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I hope that there may be a saddle or tac and harness in the works for the Big Cat... we really need that.
I think there is a set for the big cat...not sure if there is one for the Big Cat1 but sure there is one for the BigCat2 at DAZ that maybe can be re-rigged for these beauties here. Too much to wish for but hope lives on the longest.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Related to the Dark Magic for the Bones figure: It says it is compatible with Poser only. I can see that it probably is full of Poser procedural shaders which Studio can't handle. But could the maps for the carvings be used for displacement in Studio?

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Related to the Dark Magic for the Bones figure: It says it is compatible with Poser only. I can see that it probably is full of Poser procedural shaders which Studio can't handle. But could the maps for the carvings be used for displacement in Studio?
I have plans for a proper DS version of this if I can beat the shaders into submission and if there is enough interest it will get bumped to the top of the to do list ;)

MCarr

If it is the cougar you are referring to the ARE found in the mountains and in the cities now too. LA and San Diego are being slowly overrun by Cougars/Mountain Lions, Coyotes and perhaps Wolves too. Some towns in the east have Black Bears nosing around neighborhoods too, and of course, we all hear on TV how Polar Bears are foraging garbage dumps in and around the towns there. They are running out of wild space and are moving in next door. Well there go our neighborhoods!

yeah, that is what the animals said when we invaded their neighborhoods. Saw a cougar with my dad last year while fishing in Oklahoma, was pretty cool. Of course we packed up and went back to the cabin, didn't want to become his dinner since we were in his backyard

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yes, definitely a chance. Love the idea. I think once Laurie is able to get back to this animal. Actually we have a lioness and lion to finish up first. But once we create a tiger, I would imagine it wouldn't take much to create a white version from the regular version. But Laurie could speak better for this.

dkgoose

Awesowe can't wait for all the new stuff, the lion and lioness sounds great too :). I love all the animals and am "patiently" waiting for the wolf as well lol :)