• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I worry how many people don't realise that what they are looking at is wrong (or, at least, a long way from perfect), Lyne, having been surrounded by low-poly gaming models and inaccurate imagery, and at things created as a derivative of something which is already inaccurate or overly simplified. (Not to criticize the games modellers, people have done some incredible low-poly models, but they are amazing in context, not when placed next to high-detail equivalents). Many, many people have no appreciation of anatomy, knowledge which seems to me to be essential for good rigging. Many people create things without ever having had hands-on experience of them (although some at least make great efforts to get as much quality reference material as possible and are unable to access the real thing even if they want to). But then, that's not a new phenomenon. Ever taken a look at a medieval bestiary? Ever tried to imagine what a 3D model elephant would be like if it was based purely off medieval images of elephants? :laugh:

As things change they don't also change to the better. It is only a sense of priorities that make people make the decisions they make. Example you all I am sure take photos with your phones. I don't I don't have smart phones and don't want them. I was a photographer and loved detailed photos shot with great optics with cameras on tripods or monopods. I I would never have done it with smart phones and don't. But most people just want an image despite being able to appreciate at some level the quality of a hi res photo print, they don't deem to csre the incredibly fuzzy wasted effort seen in smaller lower res systems.
Just saying a matter of priorities!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I think a lot of the time HaiGan, that people have heeeaaaps of content for one character they don't want to change. (no excuse tho when Dusk is still free not to try in my opinion)

Maybe.
I have Dusk and Dawn but have never even installed them in my runtime.
Reason: Have never , ever used 3d characters w/o all the add-on morphs and texture options. When I got into Poser4 I hated the figures in it. When Zygote released Mil1 Vicky I got her and except for a few renders never got into it because it was lacking something very important....OPTIONS! Options that lended realism to her.
I even quit using Poser for a long time until I started investing in more and more stuff for V1 including all the body and expression and body adjustment morphs and textures. As those things became more available I got into Poser again and loved it.
When M4 came out I waited until it had been out a while and when the bundls for it started being released I got into that too, but only then. OPTIONS!
To get into Dawn and Dusk I would need to reinvest in ALL those options and can't see me doing that yet.
The type of imagery I create Dawn and Dusk are "right" for in my opinion. So I steer clear of them for now.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Oh my Goodness. Sorry for all my and mine only posts on the end of this thread but I was never boted to return and therefore missed a lot of the discussion. Just playing catch-up.
I want the animals but i really, really ALSO want newborn morphs for them as well. THe Kitten the cub etc are real nice but what about new born morphs to show them suckling at their mothers teats as well. Anyone!? One of the extra littles never offered by DAZ for their animal lineup and one set I always wanted for my work. Does anyone have any idea how difficult it is for dead heads like me with no morph brush or morph creating abilities to figure out how to change any child animal to infant?

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
I'd like to add my two cents to the comment above..lets hear it for new-born morphs :) Also..a plea to figure designers ( yeah, I know, I'm asking for yet MORE work on your parts)..could we please have some detailed female morphs ? It's hard to do a convincing mother and infant suckling renders if the females have NO teats ??

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Is this something you are working on now Sparky?

It's in QAV but Sparky's having to work out a few issues. Hopefully not too long :)

love this render...territorial...predatorial! Dig those claws in man!

will we be needing to buy the Big cat here to use this skeleton??

No, it is stand alone, though it can be conformed to the big cat and will accept its poses (to some degree).

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I'd like to add my two cents to the comment above..lets hear it for new-born morphs :) Also..a plea to figure designers ( yeah, I know, I'm asking for yet MORE work on your parts)..could we please have some detailed female morphs ? It's hard to do a convincing mother and infant suckling renders if the females have NO teats ??
That would be a dead issue here friend. You will have to go to that " Other Site" to get morphs and add-ons for her. If you like working with her might be worth it!

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
What about doing animal teats as an add-on? That seems like it would be easier to adjust and morph as a prop. (But I might have no idea what I am talking about! lol)

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I guess I was thinking about "The Visible Woman" model from the way back. It had a pregnancy set that went to it, you took out the small intestine and the "abdomen skin" and put in the baby and the new "pregnant skin". I loved that thing.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I guess I was thinking about "The Visible Woman" model from the way back. It had a pregnancy set that went to it, you took out the small intestine and the "abdomen skin" and put in the baby and the new "pregnant skin". I loved that thing.

WHAT WAS THAT AND WHERE FROM?
Was it part of the DAZ Mill-versons add-ons? Oh jeesh never mind I remember now it was a live plastic model. There were several created to accompany it. Skeletons and other body parts including a complex muscular nd nerve system.

But there was also one for Poser figure if I recall. I know RDNA created a borg-like add-on for I think V2 that gave her a glass belly dome and android like appendages I think. Got it somewhere though never used it..go figure.

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
The Visible Women was a physical, build-it-yourself plastic model from back in the 1960's, I believe. It was one of a set..male, female..possibly a horse and dog as well, if my memory isn't playing tricks.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
It's in QAV but Sparky's having to work out a few issues. Hopefully not too long :)

No, it is stand alone, though it can be conformed to the big cat and will accept its poses (to some degree).
Is this like the Skeletor Big Cat currently out or QV or in addition to it? I hope it is in addition I would love just the bone skeleton more than the "Mummy" Skeletor just released. Those bones in the render Sparky, are they included with model or where are they from?

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
SkeleCat (which came out today) is a different product than BoneZ (that's the skeleton). There's a Poser 11 issue that Sparky's trying to track, which is what's taking so long. The bones in the promo for SkeleCat are from BoneZ ;).