• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
Just purchased and installed the Cougar morph pack..beautiful animal - BUT - I have a problem. :{ I'm using Poser 11, installed the Cougar Complete inj morph and started working through the various poses included. All worked fine EXCEPT for the Stretching 01 pose . This was my result - anyone have any idea what went wrong ? I know cats are flexible, but this is a bit extreme .:) PS No mods made to the big cat, just used the stock options supplied in the pack.
Cougar 1.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Freyfaxi, you need to turn on Figure > Use Limits with the Big Cat, or you'll get weird looking morphs/poses like the one you've run into.

Minyassa

Enthusiast
I thank you for rendering it and posting that render. I laughed SO loud, I know people heard me across the house! Funny Poser errors (especially ones that have been solved!!) are something that never fails to tickle me. xD

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Animal skeletons are potentially very useful for all those desert/jungle renders. Such areas really need to be "populated". And not *just* with birds.

Sparky would love to also see a dirty old bone texture set for this especially for renders of sabretooth finds

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Everyone needs a goat! Weirdly, I can't really recall any goats for Poser/Studio... I once turned the DAZ Sheep into a goat, but I don't have any of that in my runtime, so I just sculpted on Harry for a bit.

View attachment 21321

Then, I dialed in Harry's own hoof size/hooves cloven morphs.

Actually I remember when you made your goat..it was during a period of my needing a goat that set it off at a thread at DAZ (before their heads grew so big there and turned away from Poser users).
I love it. Interesting you don't have it in your own Runtime!?
Now one for Harry too? Interesting. Make sure you make a nasty big male with goatee and scruffy locks and I will fetch it home Post Haste!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Great work, Dreamer!

Thanks, guys...

Since my quickie Harry goat morph turned out to be of interest, I refined it a bit, and made a kid to go with it.

View attachment 21350

Don't know when I'll get around to texturing it, I've been working on finishing Aoi at long last, so hopefully I'll be able to push that out. Turns out I really suck at making conforming clothes. :-|

looks nice but aren't goat hooves cloven?

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Some really great looking work there, Sparky :) I can't wait to see the skeleton and goat released :) As an aside..do you plan on releasing any more of your V4 and M4 'Furry' character morphs over on Philosopher's Egg ? I simply love them :)

I have many of them they are great. Been working with the horse and bull works because of their closeness to the mythological stuff I love doing.
Yea and some time ago I think I recall you mentioning the possibility of creating a Cyclops morph for Freak4 (If you do, please make it better than the dud for Freak 1 at DAZ!).

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I'm well aware this is Big Cat thread, but I wanted to post these for Sparky. Just so you're aware Sparky, we have in the works the Mule Deer and Spanish Bull, Big Horn Sheep with CWRW. This is some of her map work she's experimenting with. Just so we don't duplicate efforts.

Sparky, loving your Goat and kid work. So good to see others with talent latching onto this Big Cat and Horse base as you have.

View attachment 21439

View attachment 21440

View attachment 21441

View attachment 21442

Oh Man Chris you are K.I.L.L.I.N.G. me showing that beautiful bull. BOth the black and albino versions I am panting to get my clammy old hands on. If you finish it anyway you can bone (or morph) that skin hanging down from its chin so it flaps from left to right when it tosses its head? It would make me cry with joy if you did
( and God knows I need a good HAPPY cry for change!).

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Sparky - your Cat Skeleton is wicked cool!!! And I love your goat!!

So some more progress on the Cougar today. Tom. I'm going to take him into Blacksmith and add more detailing, do seams and fix some odds and ends. This is still the base Big Cat morphed to sort of look like a cougar (and yes Chris I do have your morph- I just like to see what I'm working on in different poses and how the open mouth is working etc:)

View attachment 21559

View attachment 21560

Having the MilBig Cat 1 set I was impressed they included beard and cheek whiskers and scruff etc. Is there any way that sort of thing can be included in these morphs for the Harry Big Cat for realism sake!?

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Okay...

Yeah, yeah, that's my way of being silly.

I actually love seeing a physical difference and an apples to apples comparison. I feel that still too many uneducated or slanted folks out there refuse to look at reality and recognize the improvements offered up by HiveWire content in general. Then you add to that what Laurie, Paul, Ken, Virtual World, Ken 1171, Satira, and still many many talented others are creating, and one can see what is being done to raise the bar, and it's incredible to see what is really being offered up as superior content.

I had a fella the other day tell me that he doesn't prefer the HiveWire content. Then I asked him if he's ever used Dawn, Dusk, Baby Luna, the HiveWire Horse, Big Cat or House Cat? His response was "no" he hasn't. So I said in affect, well there ya go, just say'n. How can you have an educated preference if you've never used what we have to offer here at HiveWire. He only shops at other stores, but until he actually decides to purchase here at HiveWire or even look at the products offered, it's difficult to say what is preferred content, period.

You are correct there Chris. THat ws my argument with the long winded platform arguments between Macs and Windows machines. Seemed almost everyone who bashed macs never used them...of course so how did they properly base their arguments other than silly baseless general opinions.
I don't have all the products offered here because of of costs. Being on a very limited budget and very heavily invested in MIL 4 figures and other stuff from DAZ and elsewhere I try not to get too deeply invested on new stuff for my POSER hobby. But Harry is beautiful and SPARKY'S KIRRIN sweet. The other animal morphs I want to have but not purchased....yet but despite that I wouldn't bask them or negatively compare them to anything offered elsewhere, the difference I can see even from the renders, is like night and day!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Good grief, Chris... that drives me nuts about others reactions to HW content, too... sigh... I simply can't understand why more don't even try!?

Lyne if they are like me it is cost. Investing in every new character, animal etc for a hobby and all the stuff made available for it gets expensive in the long run. And for me on very limited income that becomes harder and harder to choose between a couple loaves of breads, some cheap fatty hamburger and yet another 3d model.