• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Harimau

Eager
The Caracal is coming on nicely. It seems to me that we are moving from the realm of the 'big cat' to that of the 'wild cat' at the moment (If I am not mistaken, the lynx is still in consideration). Hybrid cats such as the Savannah and Bengal cat are gaining popularity for their "wild cat" look. The Savannah, incidentally, is a cross between the Serval and a domestic cat. They are larger than domestic cats and have inherited the Serval's jumping ability, as such they are banned here in Australia where they are considered a bigger threat to native wildlife than the threat already posed by feral cats. A Serval (like the Caracal) can grab low flying small birds midair and the large ears and its keen hearing can detect movement in underground burrows and among tall grass. Likewise, a Savannah?

A Savannah cat:
SIfxtpk.jpg

Zaarin

Brilliant
I have a friend who has two savannah cats. She and her older brother wanted a cat; her younger brother and sister wanted a dog. The savannah cat was a compromise. :p

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
One of my favorites! He is looking so good, it's hard to see all these cool models and not be able to play with them.

I know... right?

Gotta couple more things to do on this animal. Shorten the tail next.

Been working on our Faces of the World for Dawn this weekend.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Finally getting started on our HW Lion! Here is a WIP on him- this is using the Poser Hair Room- am going to attempt the same thing in LAMH (I do say attempt... we'll see!) I still need to do the tail and elbow tufts and belly fur and the diffuse map still needs lots of work and tweaks. This is Firefly- not sure if I can make this work in Superfly yet. (also this is using the base Big Cat, not the lion morph- I just did quickly what I could to make base Big Cat look more lion-ish:)
Also still need to start on the cub.

ManeSunday2.jpg

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
His face!! It already has that 'majestic' quality that the other model's don't capture. Your textures really show off the modeling and his modeling shows off your textures... perfect!