• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What Is Your Favorite TV Show?

eclark1894

Visionary
The Love Boat soon will be making a final runnnn!
The Love Boat will become razor blades for everyone!:whistling:

Yep, that's actually the Pacific Princess, aka The Love Boat about to be scrapped in a shipyard in Turkey two years ago.

Gives me an idea for a model though.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I can't wait Lyne. I so loved that movie along with Dr. Strange which is around the corner on Blue Ray soon too! WOOT!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think just had a spoiler ad on TV the other day for that movie Lyne, but I wasn't paying much attention, so wasn't sure what it was all about.

D

Deleted member 325

Yes, planning to see that movie when it comes out. Just makes me sad that I was never able to reach that level in the field of VFX work. That's the kind of stuff I always wanted to do.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Yes, want to see that movie and the remake of IT by Stephen King.

How odd. I remember seeing the original "It", the black and white version when I was a child. I don't remember a clown. I do remember it as so chilling that I wanted to turn the channel! Oh to enjoy the scary movie as a child.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm not a fan of scary/horror movies, and the only Stephen King movie I was able to sit through was Misery, and then I still had to look away when she crippled him.

Digitell

Enthusiast
I saw the first IT with Annette Otoole and John Boy..Loved "IT"!! :) Read the book too..very good book also! This new movie looks very good too!! Cant Wait

Zaarin

Brilliant
I'm not a fan of scary/horror movies, and the only Stephen King movie I was able to sit through was Misery, and then I still had to look away when she crippled him.
I'm not a fan of horror, either, though I've started to develop a taste for psychological horror video games. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture left me thinking about it for weeks and deprived me of sleep for two nights (not from fear, but from thinking about the game's themes). I really want to play it again, because I know there's a lot that I missed (not about the mystery, which was patently obvious from five minutes in, but about the lives of the people of Yaughton). It's not the kind of game I'd want to play every day, but in small doses it's really fascinating. Even if you don't like horror (as I generally don't) I highly recommend both Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and Firewatch (the horror elements are really light, btw). (Um, strong language warning on both but especially the former. Just FYI.) Everybody's Gone... also has an absolutely exquisite soundtrack that's worth picking up even if you skip the game.

D

Deleted member 325

How odd. I remember seeing the original "It", the black and white version when I was a child. I don't remember a clown. I do remember it as so chilling that I wanted to turn the channel! Oh to enjoy the scary movie as a child.
The one with Roddy McDowell? Thought I imagined that movie as so few people I have spoken with know what I am talking about when I discuss it. Yes, wonderful movie.

quietrob

Extraordinary
The one with Roddy McDowell? Thought I imagined that movie as so few people I have spoken with know what I am talking about when I discuss it. Yes, wonderful movie.
Oh yeah. I'm pretty sure that's the one. I've been waiting for years for it to return to the boob tube but so far, I've read a book called HE and saw a movie called THEM but still no IT!

Nice to know I'm not alone in seeing that movie.

McGyver

Energetic
Ah... THEM... That is one of my all time favorite Atomic Age "if you expose it to radiation it will grow giant and rampage through your city" movies... Well... Besides Godzilla...
My friend has a car alarm that sounds just like the ants (Thems?) when they were attacking...
Besides the line the little girl utters "it's them!!!", I think THEM was supposed to stand for something... Terror... Hiccups... Excitement... Mangos... I think I only got the "T" right... But it was in the trailer... Which I have long forgotten.

McGyver

Energetic
I looked up THEM and found the trailer on YouTube... It's: Terror... Horror... Excitement... Mystery!
Two out of four isn't bad... Excitement and mystery sound kinda fun though... Not sure getting eaten by giant ants is exciting or mysterious...
Megh... It was the 50s times were different.

quietrob

Extraordinary
THEM! I think it was James Whitmore in that movie. (Nope, I'm not googling it). Having James Whitmore in that movie gave it credibility. I love those old sci-fi movies with their formula characters that we still see to this day. The bold upstart hero who doesn't follow orders, the sexy glasses wearing scientist who hates him in the beginning of the movie but is making out with him at the end of the flick. The tough general who just wants to get things done. There's normally an older scientist somewhere in there who figures out how to win while they destroy those terribly fake looking cities. Typically the scientist girl is his daughter. Great stuff!
By the way, speaking of Godzilla, they finally got it right last time. Godzilla isn't evil.