• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What Is Your Favorite TV Show?

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm working through the first season of Beyond on Hulu. It's been renewed for a second season.

I also watched the first season of Speechless and American Housewife.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I just watch Medici on Netflix. It's a beautiful show, and very well acted, although the writing definitely has it's ups and downs. They do a great job when they are using the actual history, but some of the stuff they added, just adds plot holes and stuff that doesn't make sense. But the acting and the amazing costumes and sets make up for it.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Just finished with the "Christmas Special" for Sense8. Over 2 hours and movie quality. There was an actor replaced because of some transgender issues. Considering the show is the product of TWO transgender women and it's show's star "Nomi" is a transgender woman, left no room for zero tolerance. So the new actor, while he doesn't look like the other actor at all, is said to be a better fit. Now this particular episode was so emotional and sexy and full of action. Never stopped the entire time. You can see the cast fully congealed as a unit that works like a well oiled machine.... It was amazing. It's part of the Season 2 but there is only ONE episode so far released for Season 2.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
OMG! I've died and gone to TV show heaven! I just got the Netflix new series called Grace and Frankie and I love it! I didn't even realize it was only a half an hour show because each episode is so tightly written-there's so much happening in it it feels like an hour (of course when you think about the fact that "an hour" TV show is now only 42 min. long and a situation comedy on DVD without the commercials runs a little bit longer! I timed it out at approximately 25 min. I guess there's almost not that much difference between a half-hour show and an hour show! Anyway this show is absolutely hysterical! Yet the humor is based on "real life situations" I guess you could say-just my type humor. I adore this show and I've only seen the first DVD disc which I'm actually really watching because I want to catch every little nuance of facial expressions and situations. I can only hope that Netflix will offer a season two on DVD because I don't do any streaming or subscribing. Anyway I'm enjoying this show tremendously and laughing right out loud! :-D I should say that the show is not for everybody in that it's probably rated R with language situations but entirely appropriate for our odd couple of Frankie and Grace played by Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, don't think you could go wrong with Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin. :)

Just checked it out on Netflix, and the rest of the cast isn't bad either, though I'm not familiar with a couple of them. Sounds like a good series from the little blurb they had about the storyline.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Oh yes the rest of the cast is great too! Martin Sheen and Sam Waterston are great the older they get although I do have it a little bit of trouble believing that they are gay… But they are so humorous I tend to just accept it for the TV stories sake.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I know. I see Martin Sheen, I think West Wing's president, and when I see Sam Waterston, I think Law & Order's Chief ADA.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I love Grace and Frankie. Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin are absolutely perfect in their role. The only problem with Grace and Frankie is that there are only 13 episodes to a season!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yep...it's definitely a great show Lyne. My husband and I both sit through just laughing all the time. It's very funny...Season 2 is as good as Season 1 as you see both characters developing further.

eclark1894

Visionary
Hymie the robot has been deactivated.

Dick Gautier, Hymie the Robot in ‘Get Smart,’ dead at 85

Dick Gautier, the actor best known for portraying Hymie the Robot in "Get Smart," has died.

He was 85.

Gautier starred in the original production of "Bye, Bye Birdie" and then went on to land the role of Hymie in the '60s sitcom "Get Smart."

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh my, I remember him in Bye, Bye Birdie. I watched Get Smart, remember Don Adams and Barbara Feldon, but don't really recall any of the other characters from that show.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Grace and Frankie is such an adorable show.

I just finished with Lemony Snicket or how ever you type that. 8 episodes and I have to say I was glad when it was over. I love the actors in this series but boy the writing is so annoying. These poor children and their misadventures are something to NOT wish on anyone! lol It's a NetFlix exclusive.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
A Series of Unfortunate Events was a blast! It stayed pretty true to the books too, which is a plus in my mind. There are some differences, and Daniel Handler (AKA Lemony Snicket) added in some things that either weren't in the books or were minor people/events in the books. It's been renewed for a second season. Hopefully ... or is that unfortunately?!? ... with 13 books, we should get three seasons.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Oh, I'll tune in for more but just seemed annoying to me. I guess in today's modern world kids would not play to the adults whims like these kids do and call the adults on their stuff too. I know I did way back when in the 60's and 70's when my mom was being unfair or unkind.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I always got the impression the events take place beginning in the 20s or 30s. Possibly later, but in a world that's a wee bit different than our own ... where the Victorian era lasted far longer in their world than in ours, but with some the technology advancements occurring either earlier or later than in our world. I also thought Violet, Klaus, and Sunny were raised a bit unconventionally, with a considerable amount of freedom (and responsibility) ... partly because their parents were extremely wealthy (and not all that conventional either), but also because the children were rather brilliant. I mean ... at what time were children allowed to go to the seashore by themselves without an adult ... whether a parent, nanny, or governess ... accompanying them and with a baby?!?

The adults around them certainly seemed to reflect the belief that children should be seen and not heard.

Has anyone seen Frontier? It's currently on Netflix with Jason Momoa (who everyone seems to only remember from Game of Thrones ... even though he was the fabulous Ronon Dex on Stargate Atlantis for far longer than he was on Game of Thrones) as the half Irish/half Cree Declan Harp and Alun Armstrong as the ... slightly ... psychotic Lord Benton of the Hudson Bay Company. (Both characters are fictional.) Set in the late 18th century, Declan Harp is determined to destroy the Hudson’s Bay Company ... or at least their stranglehold on the North American fur trade. With good reason from what I understand. While Lord Benton is determined to do everything he can to protect the Hudson Bay Company's monopoly ... and destroy Declan Harp.

The opening scene was rather difficult to watch ... not that I actually watched it! I looked elsewhere through all the screaming, so I don't know whether any of the stabbing, cutting, and slicing was actually shown. But we could sure hear it!

Reviews seemed primarily positive (though entirely too focused on Jason Momoa as Khal Drogo) with approval of the portrayal of the native american/first people and historical accuracy. Reviews on Netflix are rather negative with most people feeling the acting was wooden, the big dark dude (Jason Momoa) a bad actor, and the show extremely historically inaccurate.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I just finished a very fun show on NetFlix called Crazyhead. OMG. So good. It's a mix of horror and comedy. Two girls that can "see" demons .... don't want to ruin it. Only 6 episodes but I'm hoping for another season. Totally fun!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I started watching the first episode of Crazyhead, but I got distracted.

I tend to do that sometimes if a show doesn't immediately grab me or if the first 10-15 minutes or so confuse me. Not only was Crazyhead not clear about what was going on, but it was dark ... as in dark garage, dark bar, dark parking lot. When I can't SEE what's going on, I get frustrated.

But, since I'm in between shows, I'll give the first episode another go. It's only time, right :wink:

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Oh, it's a great show. Every show has a build up as your getting to know the characters .... Just keep watching... it's quite a grabber, at least for me it was

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I hate it when I get interested in a show and it gets killed off before majority of the plot lines get resolved. Like the latest version of V It just ended and I was disapointed at the ending.