• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What Is Your Favorite TV Show?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I love those classic monster movies, especially most anything Godzilla.
I think my favorite's still King Kong, though I did like Might Joe Young, but he wasn't a "monster" until 3 alcoholics fed him booze, and he tore up the place.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Older Cartoon Favorites: Thundarr, Johnny Quest, Scooby Doo (pre-scrappy), Battle of the Planets, Starblazers, Transformers, Robotix, Inhumanoids, Flash Gordon, Bionic Six, Real Ghostbusters, Galaxy Rangers, Space Stars, Danger Mouse, Robotech, Dungeons & Dragons, Superfriends (yeah... I used to love them when I was young, especially Challenge of the Superfriends), Wheeled Warriors

I had totally forgotten about the Ghostbuster's cartoon. I loved that one. Also Danger Mouse was amazing. And a while back I went and found Dungeons & Dragons on Netflix and rewatched it. Such a strange show, how I loved it.

For me, there are too many Anime's that are loony or set in high schools. I don't mind some humor or young protagonists but just hard for me to get into it.

I don't mind the loony ones so much, but yes, I do get tired of the set in High School theme. There was one I really remember liking called Corpse Princess where technically yes, I think all the characters are in high school, but I don't think they are even actually 'in school' mostly they kill monsters. Also I would recommend one called Claymore which is in a fantasy world so no high school.

True, the dubs are usually bad but to me, it's part of the charm. When I was growing up, everything was dubbed from Godzilla to Martial Arts movies and I'm sure that influences me.

I've never minded the dubs. Part of it is I am one of those people who often isn't looking at the screen because I like background filler, but also, the voice acting may not be great, but it's just kind of part of the style to me.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
wow...what a lot of knowledge in this thread about NCIS. I have seasons 1-11 but never really looked at background info. I just enjoyed watching them for the most part. Di Nozzo tended to irritate me at times and I tended to prefer McGee but I think that's just my preference for geeks showing. I must admit I liked Ziva for the most part. I haven't seen the more recent seasons though.

Cartoons: Gargoyles, X-Men, I used to like to watch He-man with my eldest. All 90's versions though...I don't like the current trend of remaking things and changing the characters. It bugs me...

eclark1894

Visionary
I've slacked off on watching NCIS since the Flash started coming on opposite them, but not only have I been following NCIS since season one, I also followed JAG from season 1 to end. Even saw the NCIS pilot introduced on JAG.

eclark1894

Visionary
BTW, speaking of favorite cartoons, my favorite Christmas show, Rudolph the Red nosed Reindeer will be on this Saturday, Dec. 10, 2016 at 8p.m. CBS showed it the day after Thanksgiving, but seriously, who want's to watch it then? On a serious side note rant, I'm getting majorly ticked at these Christmas shows and parades coming earlier and earlier every year. They're already putting out the displays just after Hallow'een. Our Raleigh Christmas Parade was held a week before Thanksgiving. Seriously, I'm fed up. I'm thinking about organizing some kind of online protest.

D

Deleted member 325

I would sign it eclark1894, this has been a major pet peeve of mine over the decades as well. A few stores here had Christmas stuff out back in September. I feel it ruins the magic and mood. You can have too much of a good thing, and by over-commercializing it they just make me feel like "bah-humbug". For Christmas cartoons I loved "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" but they edit it nowadays...that sort of irks me.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Heck, this is a tough choice... and of COURSE all of my choices are like... seriously outdated.

1. Star Trek. (Yeah, I've been an unashamed Trekkie since I was a little kid.)
2. Dr. Who!
3. Fringe
4. Bones

Ok, so "Fringe," and "Bones," aren't quite as old as the first two series... but yeah. These are my favs. ;)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
BTW, speaking of favorite cartoons, my favorite Christmas show, Rudolph the Red nosed Reindeer will be on this Saturday, Dec. 10, 2016 at 8p.m. CBS showed it the day after Thanksgiving, but seriously, who want's to watch it then? On a serious side note rant, I'm getting majorly ticked at these Christmas shows and parades coming earlier and earlier every year. They're already putting out the displays just after Hallow'een. Our Raleigh Christmas Parade was held a week before Thanksgiving. Seriously, I'm fed up. I'm thinking about organizing some kind of online protest.

I'd bloody well sign it! In my area they've begun commercializing it at the beginning of fracking October!! BEFORE Halloween, even. When I was a kid, I don't remember all the Christmas stuff starting until AFTER Thanksgiving. Not one day before. And at this point, I am sick to death of the over-commercialization of the holiday. Patooey!

That's actually one of the big reasons that my house decided not to celebrate Christmas on December 25th. We don't do the Western Christmas anymore, and haven't for years. We celebrate Christmas according to the Julian calendar... as my Bear is Russian Orthodox (aka, Eastern Orthodox Christian), this fits us just fine anyway. We simply celebrate Russian Christmas instead, on January 7th.

But heck. I'd sign the blasted thing. I'm sick and tired of the over-commercialization of ALL the holidays - but they are absolutely the worst about Christmas...

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I miss most of the commercialization because I no longer listen to the radio on my commute ... instead I listen to an audible.com book.
Since I do all my shopping online, I never have to step foot in a store (except to get a prescription filled), so I miss out on the Christmas stuff there too.

Then ... since I use Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu to watch episodes ... I don't get hit with the commercials for Christmas. I have noticed a lot more Christmasy themed movies, but it's not as in your face as it would be on cable. Since I am delayed watching, I don't notice when a show doesn't air because of Christmas specials.

Now ... if I could just find a comfy cave or cottage in the middle of a forest ... I'd be a happy camper. As long as FreshDirect, UPS, and FedX are able to deliver, and I have FIOS!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yea,, it's funny when I'm chatting with clients and they bring up a TV special or an episode and I have to keep reminding them I'm a cable cutter and only watch NetFlix or Amazon Prime. Transparent is a really good one on Prime if you have an open mind to alternative life style types of shows. Jeffrey Tambor is just brilliant as MaPa!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I have a funny story to share here… About the TV show I am watching at present and my cat Nicky! I just got ZOO season two in the mail so I am re-watching season one. Although this show is pretty scary I find it oddly compelling. Anyway I was sitting on my little loveseat watching my big screen TV, and watching the… What do you call it? The splash screen intro with all the animals faces-their eyes… And Nicky was sitting down on the floor in front of me where he often sits, waiting for me to ask him to get up on the couch next to me and settle in his little spot. Being that it was evening Nicky's eyes were as big as saucers-that is the pupil of his eyes took up his whole eye, without any iris showing… (He will do this every single time, waiting for me to encourage him and tell him how much I love him before he will jump up and sit next to me) .... Anyway .... Turning my gaze from the TV screen I looked into Nicky's face and I don't know why I did this… I think I was under the spell of this program… I just stared in an unblinking gaze right at Nicky without saying a word… And Nicky, I think being a bit startled by my silence, stared right back at me. It scared me, and perhaps it scared him too… And then I kind of shook my head or shook myself out of that strange mood and said "Oh Nicky I am so sorry… Come on up… I love you!" Whereupon he jumped up and we both made each other feel better. But I was laughing at myself for weirding myself and poor little Nicky out!

Anyway I have not seen season two yet so please folks, do not say any thing about it or share any spoilers - thanks!

I just had to share this weird story with you all ! and yes I'm using Dragon as my hands are giving me heck still …

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
BUT... after watching all of Season 2, I'm quitting the series... it's just TOO dark, too intense for me anymore... (and repetitive plot idea, just dressed up differently each year!?) BORING!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Watching "The Magicians" on NetFlix. Very good. A little slow in places but I think it's about building characters up and what not so it's OK. Been binge watching it so I have just 4 left off this season. I hope they get a second one!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Re: The Magicians

Per Wiki ... on February 8, 2016, the series was renewed for a second season consisting of 13 episodes, which is set to premiere on January 25, 2017.

I haven't finished the first season, the rabbit scene got to me. Though I'll admit, I switched to something else when the rabbit showed up. Then when I started watching the episode again, I turned the kindle away from me until the scene was over. Didn't take a psychic to know something bad was going to happen when an innocent little bunny appears out of nowhere.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
In the middle of watching Sense8 on Netflix. If you don't like sexually explosive visuals then it's probably not the show for you but it's really really good. It's not about sex. it's about 8 folks from around the globe that are all linked. It's super cool but sometimes scary, sometimes sexy, sometimes tearful.... I give is a full 5 stars.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
Hmmm so much to choose but I want to watch something on Netflix. Problem is that I was drinking something called Coffee from a place called Starbucks so it will be a while till I wind down to sleep.