• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What Is Your Favorite TV Show?

I forgot how much I ENJOYED "Lie To Me".... so am re-watching it! :)
Re-watched parts of it until a month ago, then some network decided to move NCIS from Sundays primetime to Mondays primetime in order to promote The Voice more, so now the reruns of Lie To Me are in the same timeslot on Mondays as NCIS. It was a bad move overall as NCIS dropped significantly in ratings, but as viewer we get the treat that S14 starts tomorrow already and not sometime in Spring next year. (though I've already seen the episodes on CBS). Don't think it helped The Voice either, mainly because it's airing on two networks.

Still plan to buy the DVDs of Lie To Me

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I always wondered why they moved NCIS Los Angeles from Tuesdays (after the original NCIS) to begin with, but moving it to Sundays from Mondays wasn't as big a problem for me, as I have other things I like to watch on Monday nights, and there isn't anything but re-runs to watch on Sunday nights.

I always wondered why they moved NCIS Los Angeles from Tuesdays (after the original NCIS) to begin with, but moving it to Sundays from Mondays wasn't as big a problem for me, as I have other things I like to watch on Monday nights, and there isn't anything but re-runs to watch on Sunday nights.
IIRC they moved LA to get the new spin-off NOLA off to a good start directly after the mothership. And with some of the crossovers, you needed to see NCIS DC first and then NOLA afterwards.

The move to Sundays was good for LA; better ratings than on Mondays. Though I have to say I'm no longer invested in LA. First, they are Special Operations but are running around LA constantly flashing their badges to each and everyone. Second, DENSI - no thank you! I wasn't already into TIVA, but that was mostly off camera and fans could interpret it the way they wanted until they made it partly official (partly b/c DiNozzo only mentioned the farewell in Israel and nothing more) in the S13 finale. Third, Eric and Nell - their banter is annoying (especially in front of superiors like Hetty or Granger) - again no thank you.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yeah, Kensi can be a bit annoying, and Deek's constant commenting on anything and everything begins to rub on occasion.

I do miss Ziva from the original NCIS show, but the Emily Bishop character is developing nicely. What bothers me with this new season is the "extra" characters. They only needed 1 to replace DiNozzo, but instead they have 2, with a 3rd signing on for a time at some point in the season, just seems like overkill.

eclark1894

Visionary
I don't know how many people realize this, but if you guys recall, NCIS was itself a spinoff of JAG. That's not the surprising point though. The new one , NOLA, features one agent, who was ALSO on JAG. Zoe McLellan , who plays Brody on the show, also played Petty Officer Jennifer Coates on JAG. I thought they should have just continued that role for her on the new show instead of coming up with a new identity.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I forgot how much I ENJOYED "Lie To Me".... so am re-watching it! :)

Oh that sounds like a good idea. I really liked that show too. I used to know an Army Interrogator, and I wonder what he would have thought of that show. I remember him teaching me some things (which I was never able to pull off actually using) about how peoples eyes move differently when they are lying vs. remembering.

Also, having just watched the Season 1 finale, Westworld has just made it near the top of my favorite shows lists. I'm always wary of J.J. Abrams shows, because I feel like he doesn't know where he is going much of the time, but this one I really like.

Yeah, Kensi can be a bit annoying, and Deek's constant commenting on anything and everything begins to rub on occasion.

I do miss Ziva from the original NCIS show, but the Emily Bishop character is developing nicely. What bothers me with this new season is the "extra" characters. They only needed 1 to replace DiNozzo, but instead they have 2, with a 3rd signing on for a time at some point in the season, just seems like overkill.
No, I don't miss Ziva. She turned to much to her old behaviour in her last seasons. Everything was too Ziva-centric, didn't like it. So I'm glad that the plan on re-building the series around Gibbs and Ziva as main figures failed as the actress walked out 6 days before filming starts. Since then CdP's behaviour was misleading and goading her fans w/o ever giving the true reason for leaving the way she did. That's so unprofessional..... Sorry to see Weatherly leaving, but at least the TIVA fans are out now as well. MW was the one who should have left after S11, mainly due to his passive-agressive behaviour on set (regarding execs and MH). Glasberg wanted him gone, but Harmon refused after CdP left unexpectedly.

I liked Bishop from the start vs Ziva (who I couldn't stand at first and in the end). Sad that they removed some of her quirks like the food associating. From the new additions I like Torres aka Wilmer Valderrama best. He fits nicely. I can also see MI6 fitting in occasionally. Quinn aka Jennifer Esposito......she started good in the first episode and since then she .... I don't know, her character isn't as well developed as the others and it shows. I liked the actress in Blue Bloods, but here she is mostly annoying instead of charming. And McGee as new SecondinCommand is a failure. While he fitted nicely with his former collegues (as sidekick to DiNozzo mostly), he's now the odd man out. I think MI6 needs to be a permanent addition to round out the team to six members, so they can be partnered better. The 5+1 is a bid odd.

I don't know how many people realize this, but if you guys recall, NCIS was itself a spinoff of JAG. That's not the surprising point though. The new one , NOLA, features one agent, who was ALSO on JAG. Zoe McLellan , who plays Brody on the show, also played Petty Officer Jennifer Coates on JAG. I thought they should have just continued that role for her on the new show instead of coming up with a new identity.
I know Earl, I watched all JAG seasons. Yeah, it would have made more sense to let McLellan continue in her character; especially since Chegwidden, Roberts and Coleman appeared on NCIS. Since she was written out as creative decision, maybe she will reprise her role as Coates in the future on NCIS - who knows? She didn't have a fallout with the producers/showrunners unlike some other actress, so anything is possible.

Miss B

CV-BEE
From the new additions I like Torres aka Wilmer Valderrama best. He fits nicely. I can also see MI6 fitting in occasionally. Quinn aka Jennifer Esposito......she started good in the first episode and since then she .... I don't know, her character isn't as well developed as the others and it shows. I liked the actress in Blue Bloods, but here she is mostly annoying instead of charming. And McGee as new SecondinCommand is a failure. While he fitted nicely with his former collegues (as sidekick to DiNozzo mostly), he's now the odd man out. I think MI6 needs to be a permanent addition to round out the team to six members, so they can be partnered better. The 5+1 is a bid odd.
Yes, I like Torres as well, and yes Quinn is sort of lost. If they developed her character more, I'd like her more. I'm interested in see if MI6 fits in permanently, and I thought I had read that he will . . . . eventually. Maybe next season.

As far as McGee, yes that's a bit sad. He's taken on more responsibility, so he's "grown up" as it were, and that's undermining him I think.

Aside from Mark Harmon, my fave character is Pauley Perrette though, and I can't imagine her every leaving the show. What would that tech lab be like without her quirkiness? ;)

eclark1894

Visionary
McGee's problem is his personality. Some people just aren't the take charge type. He'll step up when and if he has to, but he'd need a total personality transplant to lead his own team.

Yes, I like Torres as well, and yes Quinn is sort of lost. If they developed her character more, I'd like her more. I'm interested in see if MI6 fits in permanently, and I thought I had read that he will . . . . eventually. Maybe next season.

As far as McGee, yes that's a bit sad. He's taken on more responsibility, so he's "grown up" as it were, and that's undermining him I think.

Aside from Mark Harmon, my fave character is Pauley Perrette though, and I can't imagine her every leaving the show. What would that tech lab be like without her quirkiness? ;)
I liked Abby in the first two seasons, but unfortunately Pauley turned her into a bad joke. Abby regressed over the years, from a smart, bubbly, sassy lab bat who flirted with Gibbs and Tony to a spoiled brat that throws tantrums if something doesn't happen the way she wants, who runs to Daddy Gibbs now because someone scolded her, get protection b/c she screwed up etc. Granted they toned her down quite a bit in S13, but the damage is done. Every character on the show evolved to some degree, even McGee who was overlooked for many years, except Abby. Where's that smart sassy woman from the first two seasons?

McGee's problem is his personality. Some people just aren't the take charge type. He'll step up when and if he has to, but he'd need a total personality transplant to lead his own team.
McGee is a geek, and he was never a great field agent. And unfortunately this shows now (that interrogation scene where he wanted to come across as bada$$ o_O - try again, cause that was less than stellar). Both new males, Torres and Reeves, are way better than him. Actually I think, while McGee deserved to be promoted to SeniorField Agent, as SIC Quinn would be better, after all she was a FLET-C instructor, so she should know the job. Plus she trained all three agents on the team. She should be superior to them.

Though I think part of the problem is the actor behind McGee. SM doesn't have the same acting skills like Weatherly had and he completely fails if compared to Harmon (who can say so much with just mimic and body language w/o uttering a single word). SM is too limited in his expressions and therefore most often he doesn't convince me. And that was already noticeable in the last two years, aka S12 and S13 were they tried to turn McGee into the new SIC and actually undermining DiNozzo that way. It wasn't believable, remember that peptalk McGee tried to give Gibbs at the 'Wall of Fallen Agents' (after Ziva was announced dead) - sorry, didn't work at all. Most of the scenes where McGee should shine are pretty cringeworthy IMO.

Miss B

CV-BEE
It's sad to say, but I agree with you Earl, but to some extent, I have to blame the series writers and director for that.

Every character on the show evolved to some degree, even McGee who was overlooked for many years, except Abby. Where's that smart sassy woman from the first two seasons?
I don't know why they've done that, and it is unfortunate, but I guess the techie/geek in me still likes her.

McGee is a geek, and he was never a great field agent . . . Both new males, Torres and Reeves, are way better than him. Actually I think, while McGee deserved to be promoted to SeniorField Agent, as SIC Quinn would be better, after all she was a FLET-C instructor, so she should know the job. Plus she trained all three agents on the team. She should be superior to them.
Unfortunately, even in real life, training someone for a specific job/position, doesn't mean the trainer is better, or more superior, to the trainee(s). I think I'm just going to have to see where the rest of the season leads to. It's possible Quinn just might wind up shining brightly by the end of the season.

Though I think part of the problem is the actor behind McGee. SM doesn't have the same acting skills like Weatherly had and he completely fails if compared to Harmon (who can say so much with just mimic and body language w/o uttering a single word).
As I mentioned to Earl, I think a good portion of this is the fault of the show's director. I don't recall seeing him on TV before NCIS, so I can't judge what his actual acting skills are. It's possible he can be as dynamic as Michael Weatherly, but the director didn't want 2 "shining stars" on the show. Again, I'm going to wait for the rest of the season before I make a final judgment on his acting skills.

I also LOVED the mini series: "11-22-63" !
11.22.63 - Wikipedia
OK, I've never heard of that mini series, but since it's a Stephen King product, I probably wouldn't like it. I'm not exactly a fan of his.

Last edited:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
McGee has always been one of my favorites on NCIS.

Sean Murray has been fairly active since he started appearing in films/series in 1991.

He was Thackery Binx in Hocus Pocus (Bette Midler, Kathy Najimy and Sarah Jessica Parker are the evil witches who turn Thackery into an immortal black cat). He then played the teenage son in Harts of the West (available on Amazon Prime). Beau Bridges played his father, Dave Hart. Now, with names like L'Amour (the teen-aged daughter), Zane Grey Hart (Sean Murray), John Wayne Hart (the youngest son), it wasn't exactly a serious western.

Sean Murray also played Danny Walden in Seasons 4-6 of JAG (another teenage son role).

Not sure what I think about Jennifer Esposito being added as an agent. She's never impressed me. I still don't care for Bishop, and wish she'd just go away. She's never fit in with the rest of the cast.

It will be at least August before NCIS Season 14 is on Netflix. But, I'm patient.

I gave up on 11-22-63 and never finished the season.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmm, I don't think I've ever seen any of those except, of course, JAG, but that was quite a while ago, so don't recall the part Sean Murray played. I may have to rent them from Netflix to check them out again. ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
OK, I've never heard of that mini series, but since it's a Stephen King product, I probably wouldn't like it. I'm not exactly a fan of his.

Really? (I'm using Dragon again because I didn't and I type too much again because I don't accept things in my life very well again … ) Anyway I don't like M night Schaub a lot but I do like most of Stefan Kings like under the dome and this little miniseries was just a really good short series with time travel or rather about time travel and and alternate history type of thing so this is really good. O

I don't know why they've done that, and it is unfortunate, but I guess the techie/geek in me still likes her.
Actually Pauley Perette turned her into this; she said it herself in some old interviews. Everyone ever asked usually replies, Pauley plays essentially herself as Abby. All the charities Abby likes, are ones Pauley supports. She does have indeed a Masters in Criminal Science. Only her outfit was done by the NCIS wardrobe department, though she had a say in that as well.

Unfortunately, even in real life, training someone for a specific job/position, doesn't mean the trainer is better, or more superior, to the trainee(s). I think I'm just going to have to see where the rest of the season leads to. It's possible Quinn just might wind up shining brightly by the end of the season.
Yeah, but even in RL, years at a job matter. And therefore since Quinn trained even McGee she is around longer as he is. She was a field agent before turning into an instructor, so all the years on the job alone should put her in a superior role. Since we have new showrunners, we have to wait and see, though I guess Glasberg already developed the main arc for this season and they will follow it to some degree. But Quinn needs more development, that's for sure.

As I mentioned to Earl, I think a good portion of this is the fault of the show's director. I don't recall seeing him on TV before NCIS, so I can't judge what his actual acting skills are. It's possible he can be as dynamic as Michael Weatherly, but the director didn't want 2 "shining stars" on the show. Again, I'm going to wait for the rest of the season before I make a final judgment on his acting skills.
SM is acting since being a teenager at least. I saw him in Harts of the West, playing opposite Mark Harmon who guest-starred. Considering that Don Bellisario is his step-dad practically a given. The show does not have only one director, but several ones and they are not the ones who have anything to do with it. A director just directs, he doesn't write the scripts. If you want to blame someone, then you need to put the blame on the showrunner's shoulders. They are the ones who develop characters and story arcs. But NCIS had several ones as well, starting with Don Bellisario himself. After the fall-out with Harmon (which Bellisario lost and was forced to leave), Shane Brennan took over (he left for NCIS LA later), then Gary Glasberg took over and after his sudden death, we now have George Schenck and Frank Cardea as showrunners (both longtime NCIS writers and there from the beginning).

Glasberg stated that Harmon is very involved in story-development and he constantly talked with him over the direction the show should go. Harmon usually denies that (though he downplays most of his efforts including him being exec as well). But NOLA wouldn't have happened as series if it weren't for Harmon. So, we have to wait for the first interview of the new showrunners to get info about it.

On the other hand, SM is known to take lesser payment and a smaller role for more free time to spend with his family. That indicates he never wants to be a "shining star"; and with three new additions to the show he may have cut a deal for less screen time again.

eclark1894

Visionary
Yeah, but even in RL, years at a job matter. And therefore since Quinn trained even McGee she is around longer as he is. She was a field agent before turning into an instructor, so all the years on the job alone should put her in a superior role. Since we have new showrunners, we have to wait and see, though I guess Glasberg already developed the main arc for this season and they will follow it to some degree. But Quinn needs more development, that's for sure.
She had better get developed fast. Historically, women leaving that show don't usually fare too well.
Kate = dead
Ziva = dead
Director Jenny = dead
The director's wife = dead
even the woman from the pilot in NCIS:LA = dead.

All of them shot too. I'm pretty sure I'm missing one or two. Pauley's living on borrowed time.

She had better get developed fast. Historically, women leaving that show don't usually fare too well.
Kate = dead
Ziva = dead
Director Jenny = dead
The director's wife = dead
even the woman from the pilot in NCIS:LA = dead.

All of them shot too. I'm pretty sure I'm missing one or two. Pauley's living on borrowed time.
Yep,
Gibbs Wife #1 Shannon - dead
Gibbs Wife #2 Diane - dead
Paula Cassidy - dead

On the other hand,
Ned Dornegat - dead
Chris Pacci - dead
Mike Franks - dead
former Director Tom Morrow - dead

I think Abby's safe, as she isn't working in the field (with rare exceptions). Though her death would surely affect them all. But same for Ducky (and David McCallum hinted at only doing one more season last year) and with the current storyline and all the hints about him....I'm a bit afraid he may be the next one.