• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What Is Your Favorite TV Show?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think Abby's safe, as she isn't working in the field (with rare exceptions). Though her death would surely affect them all. But same for Ducky (and David McCallum hinted at only doing one more season last year) and with the current storyline and all the hints about him....I'm a bit afraid he may be the next one.
Hopefully nothing will happen to Abby, but one never knows for sure.

As for David McCallum, he's of an age, and it doesn't surprise me if he's truly planning this as his last season. I happen to like him a lot, and have always been a fan of his since The Man from U.N.C.L.E. first aired.

Netherworks

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
Time to get serious...

What are your favorite Cartoon shows?

I'm going with:

Thundarr the Barbarian, Pirates of Dark Water, Gargoyles, Jonny Quest (original), Animaniacs, Fairly Odd Parents and Spongebob.

eclark1894

Visionary
Too many to list. and I'd have to start back with Mighty Mouse, Bullwinkle and Underdog, all the way up to Justice League Unlimited, Danny Phantom and the original Avatar, the Last Airbender.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Oh I loved Gargoyles!

But Voltron was my most beloved cartoon as a kid. The only other ones that come to mind at the moment are Samurai Jack, and the Power Puff Girls. Also the X-Men cartoon that Fox did in the 90s got me into comic books, and just blew me away, because suddenly there were female characters who weren't just there to be damsels.

eclark1894

Visionary
Oh I loved Gargoyles!

But Voltron was my most beloved cartoon as a kid. The only other ones that come to mind at the moment are Samurai Jack, and the Power Puff Girls. Also the X-Men cartoon that Fox did in the 90s got me into comic books, and just blew me away, because suddenly there were female characters who weren't just there to be damsels.
That's actually been the case for a very long time.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Also the X-Men cartoon that Fox did in the 90s got me into comic books, and just blew me away, because suddenly there were female characters who weren't just there to be damsels.
Me too, and at one time I had a huge collection of X-Men and Wolverine comic books.

I remember the original Johnny Quest, though not too men others folks have mentioned. I used to love to get up on Saturday mornings for my cartoon fix.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, I thought about it, and some others I remember are Johnny Bravo, Dragon Ball Z, ¡Mucha Lucha!, which was an American-Mexican-Canadian animated series set in a fictional Mexican town centered on lucha libre, where nearly everyone in town has a mask, costume and a signature "move" in the wrestling ring. Oh, and, who could forget Pokeman.

There were others too, but I just can't think of them right now.

eclark1894

Visionary
OK, I thought about it, and some others I remember are Johnny Bravo, Dragon Ball Z, ¡Mucha Lucha!, which was an American-Mexican-Canadian animated series set in a fictional Mexican town centered on lucha libre, where nearly everyone in town has a mask, costume and a signature "move" in the wrestling ring. Oh, and, who could forget Pokeman.

There were others too, but I just can't think of them right now.
God, I couldn't stand ¡Mucha Lucha!. The only cartoon I hate more is Ren and Stimpy. That's saying something considering Cow and Chicken!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Never heard of some of these.

Let's see ... the staples in the late 50s and early to mid 60s. Woody Woodpecker, Yogi Bear, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Popeye, Mister Magoo, Bugs Bunny, Roadrunner, Dudley Do-Right, Top Cat, The Jetsons, Beany and Cecil, and Hanna-Barbera of course.

Anytime Disney (while Walt was still alive) featured the theatrical animated cartoons instead of live action shows ... I was all over it.

Miss B

CV-BEE
God, I couldn't stand ¡Mucha Lucha!. The only cartoon I hate more is Ren and Stimpy. That's saying something considering Cow and Chicken!
I didn't say it was one of my favorites, it was just on often enough to sit through them.

I also don't like Ren and Stimpy . . . or Spongebob for that matter. Oh, and no, I never got into the Simpsons either.

Was there really a cartoon called Cow and Chicken? I must've missed that one.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Let's see ... the staples in the late 50s and early to mid 60s. Woody Woodpecker, Yogi Bear, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Popeye, Mister Magoo, Bugs Bunny, Roadrunner, Dudley Do-Right, Top Cat, The Jetsons, Beany and Cecil, and Hanna-Barbera of course.
Except for Top Cat and Beany and Cecil, which I'm not familiar with, you pretty much included some of the best.
I used to laugh out loud every time I watched Roadrunner's antics. :lol:

eclark1894

Visionary
I didn't say it was one of my favorites, it was just on often enough to sit through them.

I also don't like Ren and Stimpy . . . or Spongebob for that matter. Oh, and no, I never got into the Simpsons either.

Was there really a cartoon called Cow and Chicken? I must've missed that one.
Yep, there really was. Sometimes, I don't think they were even trying by the 90s.
Cow and Chicken - Wikipedia

D

Deleted member 325

Time to get serious...

What are your favorite Cartoon shows?

I'm going with:

Thundarr the Barbarian, Pirates of Dark Water, Gargoyles, Jonny Quest (original), Animaniacs, Fairly Odd Parents and Spongebob.
I used to love me some Thundarr, and I liked Gargoyles initially but did not like where it went... as too favorites, just so many, so I will break them into old and newer:
Classic Cartoon Favorites: Tom and Jerry (MGM not Filmation), Woody Woodpecker, Heckle and Jeckyl, Deputy Dog, Bullwinkle, Courageous Cat, Go-Go Gophers, Klondike Kat, Various Warner Bros (especially classic Taz and Marvin stuff)

Older Cartoon Favorites: Thundarr, Johnny Quest, Scooby Doo (pre-scrappy), Battle of the Planets, Starblazers, Transformers, Robotix, Inhumanoids, Flash Gordon, Bionic Six, Real Ghostbusters, Galaxy Rangers, Space Stars, Danger Mouse, Robotech, Dungeons & Dragons, Superfriends (yeah... I used to love them when I was young, especially Challenge of the Superfriends), Wheeled Warriors

More Modern Cartoon Favorites: (yes I still watch cartoons) Superman the Animated Series, Batman the Animated Series, Justice League (including Unlimited), Young Justice, Futurama, Invader Zim, Venture Brothers, Two Stupid Dogs, Angry Beavers, Brickleberry, Roughnecks, War Planets (aka Shadow Raiders), Reboot, Wolverine and the Xmen

For sanity's sake, I will not count Anime among cartoons except those seriously re-edited and repackaged for American Audiences long ago as I have already listed. Even so, I am sure I am forgetting some.

Netherworks

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
For me, there are too many Anime's that are loony or set in high schools. I don't mind some humor or young protagonists but just hard for me to get into it.

I'd go with: Bubblegum Crisis, Ninja Scroll, Wicked City, Ergo Proxy, Secret of Lodoss War, Vampire Hunter D and a few others. Very picky here. I generally like the style more than the content. As horrible as it might sound to some, I really only enjoy dubs, even bad ones. I usually have stuff on in the background and I can't really stop to read text all the time. I'm not a "foreign film" guy. If I gotta read all that stuff I'd rather open a book.

eclark1894

Visionary
I used to love me some Thundarr, and I liked Gargoyles initially but did not like where it went... as too favorites, just so many, so I will break them into old and newer:
Classic Cartoon Favorites: Tom and Jerry (MGM not Filmation), Woody Woodpecker, Heckle and Jeckyl, Deputy Dog, Bullwinkle, Courageous Cat, Go-Go Gophers, Klondike Kat, Various Warner Bros (especially classic Taz and Marvin stuff)

Older Cartoon Favorites: Thundarr, Johnny Quest, Scooby Doo (pre-scrappy), Battle of the Planets, Starblazers, Transformers, Robotix, Inhumanoids, Flash Gordon, Bionic Six, Real Ghostbusters, Galaxy Rangers, Space Stars, Danger Mouse, Robotech, Dungeons & Dragons, Superfriends (yeah... I used to love them when I was young, especially Challenge of the Superfriends), Wheeled Warriors

More Modern Cartoon Favorites: (yes I still watch cartoons) Superman the Animated Series, Batman the Animated Series, Justice League (including Unlimited), Young Justice, Futurama, Invader Zim, Venture Brothers, Two Stupid Dogs, Angry Beavers, Brickleberry, Roughnecks, War Planets (aka Shadow Raiders), Reboot, Wolverine and the Xmen

For sanity's sake, I will not count Anime among cartoons except those seriously re-edited and repackaged for American Audiences long ago as I have already listed. Even so, I am sure I am forgetting some.
Speaking of Starblazers, did you ever see the live action movie? It's somewhere on YouTube.
Sadly, it's in japanese.

D

Deleted member 325

For me, there are too many Anime's that are loony or set in high schools. I don't mind some humor or young protagonists but just hard for me to get into it.

I'd go with: Bubblegum Crisis, Ninja Scroll, Wicked City, Ergo Proxy, Secret of Lodoss War, Vampire Hunter D and a few others. Very picky here. I generally like the style more than the content. As horrible as it might sound to some, I really only enjoy dubs, even bad ones. I usually have stuff on in the background and I can't really stop to read text all the time. I'm not a "foreign film" guy. If I gotta read all that stuff I'd rather open a book.
I agree for the most part. Too much anime has turned toward the High School or zanny Antics or Magical Girl theme of late. Most of what I like for anime is Retro and Vintage...mostly Mecha or Space oriented with a few exceptions. The recent incarnation of Macross has ruined one of my favorite legacies though. With the exception of Ergo Proxy I have seen and agree with your list of anime too, and have all but Lodoss War in my collection (can't find a reasonable priced DVD set...true of a lot of my favorites.

For Anime I like things like Mobile Suite Gundam (and many of it's spinoffs but not all), Macross, Armored Trooper Votoms, Space Battleship Yamato, Space Pirate Captain Harlock (and many spinoffs), Patlabor, The Guyver (especially the old OVA), Vision of Escaflowne, Genesis Survivor Gairearth, Fist of the North Star, Super Dimensional Century Orguss, Detonator Orgun, Tekkaman Blade, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Armitage III, Silent Mobius, Genocyber, Space Adventure Cobra, and so many others...

Even though they get into some zany antics, I like Patlabor, Martian Successor Nadesico, El Hazard The Magnificent World (original OVA), Tenchi Muyo (the first OVA... which kinda started the deluge of similarly themed Anime sadly), and Project A-Ko

D

Deleted member 325

Speaking of Starblazers, did you ever see the live action movie? It's somewhere on YouTube.
Sadly, it's in japanese.
Yes, I have seen it Subbed. I liked the VFX, Didn't like the changes to the aliens, but overall it was good. I think there's a subbed version on Youtube too, but that wasn't where I saw it. Generally I prefer subbed to dubbed, with rare exception. Too many companies that import anime really dumb down the dialogue when they dub, or get unconvincing voice actors.

Netherworks

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
True, the dubs are usually bad but to me, it's part of the charm. When I was growing up, everything was dubbed from Godzilla to Martial Arts movies and I'm sure that influences me.

D

Deleted member 325

I too grew up on a lot of badly dubbed Godzilla movies. I love those classic monster movies, especially most anything Godzilla.