• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What Is Your Favorite TV Show?

D

Deleted member 325

Elvira had a number of dresses, and one was similar to the Morticia Adam's dress, though much lower cut and revealing. Though I wouldn't mind some things inspired by Morticia either. I tend to like things that are gothic and dark...it's almost my natural state some days.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Elvira had a number of dresses, and one was similar to the Morticia Adam's dress, though much lower cut and revealing.
Not surprising really. Morticia in the comics was skinny as a rail, and Carolyn Jones was thin too. But the gal who played Elvira was, to quote my mother, Zoftig, or well rounded and busty. ;) Who wouldn't put a woman with that type of figure in a low cut dress? ;)

quietrob

Extraordinary
For years I had a little boy crush on Morticia. I much preferred Carolyn Jones to Angelica Huston (who did a wonderful job in the films). Carolyn as Morticia was both creepy and beautiful. By the way, I totally wanted my own Lurch. He stole any scene he was in!

Miss B

CV-BEE
I agree with you about Angelica Huston. A wonderful actress for sure, but there was something about Carolyn Jones. For me she "was" Morticia.

As for Lurch, yeah, he walked into the room, and all eyes were on him. :lol:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Elvira's main dress was pretty much like Mortishas but more reveling.
Elvirafull-lengthvertical.jpg

And can you believe this is her at 63!
1c13ad48830a1b1c035fadf5433b6067_elvira1.jpg

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I actually had to look up Mystery Science Theatre 3000, as I'd never heard of it. The MST3000 The Movie listing doesn't sound like anything I'd like to watch, so I'm sure I wouldn't want to watch any of the others either.

Well the movie wasn't all the great. McGuyver did a good job of explaining what it was. But I feel that you can't understand the full wonder of the show without seeing the robots:

Because honestly, something about the robots just made it that much better. And this is what most of the show looked like with their silhouettes in front of the screen:

Without the speech bubble that is. It definitely was hit or miss, but man, when it was good, it was one of the funniest things I ever saw. Now I want to go watch old episodes. I remember Teenagers from Outerspace and Manos The Hands of Fate being especially good ones.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Well I just finished watching True Blood from start to finish, all 7 seasons over the last month or so. I have to say, for all those folks out there that thought the last few seasons were a waste of time, watch it from start to finish over the course of a month or so where you can binge watch it some nights and an episode here and there when life it just too busy. It told a story as a whole. The last three episodes broke my heart to pieces. I now know why so many fans out there were just that... total fans. Sure some bits were a bit strange but we are talking about a show about a small town where they have vampires, shape shifters, fairies, werewolves and god only knows what else all trying to get along. When you watch a show like this, as it was originally presented, one episode every week and then have to wait a year to see the next season you loose some of the traction and even interest but watching it fully like this was a treat that I'm glad I got to experience.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Well I just finished watching True Blood from start to finish, all 7 seasons over the last month or so. I have to say, for all those folks out there that thought the last few seasons were a waste of time, watch it from start to finish over the course of a month or so where you can binge watch it some nights and an episode here and there when life it just too busy. It told a story as a whole.

Hmm, that's interesting. I stopped watching it around season 4 or 5 I think (it was the season where they started bringing in the fairies) and I was watching it as each new episode came out, so maybe I was missing what you are talking about with it because I remember feeling that they didn't know what they were doing with the show or where the story was going (despite the fact that I know it was based on a large series of books.)

I actually read the first one when the show came out. I actually liked the show a lot better than the books, so I never read more than one or two. Interestingly the same thing happened with Dexter. I read the first book after I fell in love with the show, and never really liked the books.

On the other hand I read Game of Thrones for the first time like 20 years ago, when it first came out and the second book was just being released. The show and the books work really well together in my opinion. There are things I like better in the books, and things I like better in the show, but I love them both.

I wonder if it has to do in part with how the book are written. As I recall both the True Blood and Dexter books they were written solely from the POV of the main character, and because of that the other characters felt flat in comparison to the show where the actors made all the characters feel so much more alive and interesting.

In a Song of Ice and Fire, each chapter is written from a different characters POV. Most characters you never get a POV for, but because you are seeing the story from so many different perspectives you don't feel like the non-POV characters are flat. For instance you get most of Robb Starks story from his mother's POV, which does mean that he is much more interesting on the show, but he never felt like a 'shallow' character in the book. (Actually I like how his story plays out in the books better than on the show, even though I so love the actor who played him).

McGyver

Energetic
Last night I watched "The Giant Gila Monster" and "Time Chasers" episodes of MST3000
Giant Gila Monster was not that funny, but there was this thing were the movie character kept putting one foot up on stuff so they were striking a pose similar to the "Captain Morgan's Rum" guy, which of course the MST characters locked on to... Now I can make my daughter laugh just by striking that pose before I say anything...
Time Chasers was a lot better... Your typical bad time travel movie about a giant chinned bicycle riding mad scientist who pursues his life's ambition to convert Cessna light aircraft into time machines, apparently without ever watching one movie or reading one book about time travel or comprehending that messing with time can cause problems.
Bad movies can be fun.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I'm so glad I started this thread... happy everyone is enjoying it!!! I was nervous about starting a thread not 3d related...

I just watched the one and only season of the ABC show: FLASH FORWARD...and just wrote this review of it for Amazon:
-----------------------------
This sadly, short lived story (22 episodes in this season 1) is truly remarkable! I have no idea why ABC did not continue it!?!? Normally it's NBC that shoots themselves in the foot- I almost EXPECT their shows to be canceled after only one season... but ABC??? ABC creates shows with such heart, mystery and suspense, I count on them for the BEST entertainment!

And this show was not disappointing!! Every episode has tight writing, great acting, making me CARE about all of the deep feeling characters. It's at once; thought provoking and a roller coaster ride! I love the mystery of it! It's easy to suspend my disbelief.... Obviously I can't say enough... BUY IT, WATCH IT...(and I'll be watching it over again, there is so much to take in!) - it sort of ends...certainly enough to be satisfying to have spent the time watching...
--------------------------

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've just started Season 3 of Father Brown, which is finally on Netflix.

It's based on the Father Brown short stories by GK Chesterton with Father Brown played by Mark Williams. For Harry Potter fans, Mark Williams played Arthur Weasley.

I've been waiting forever for it since a coworker recommended it. Definitely well worth the wait.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I watched 2 seasons of Father Brown (on DVD).... liked the first one best...then kinda lost me....so gave it to a mystery loving friend.

I recently re-watched all 7 years of THE WEST WING.... what an intelligent, thought provoking and just plain GOOD TV show it was! I forgot that John Spencer died during the last year and that made me sad...he was SUCH a great actor....

Now I'm on to watching the Aussie show: 800 Words.... re-watching season 1, and then the treat of watching my new (to DVD) Season 2 Part 1 episodes! Good family show, well acted! To say nothing of the gorgeous landscape of New Zealand! :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Father Brown is a lot of fun...I've been watching it on iView which is the ABC catch up site. Unfortunately it's not on at the minute...and neither is Vera which I like.

Keep meaning to watch 800 words but I've only glimpsed an episode here and there.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I recently re-watched all 7 years of THE WEST WING.... what an intelligent, thought provoking and just plain GOOD TV show it was! I forgot that John Spencer died during the last year and that made me sad...he was SUCH a great actor....
I have to admit, West Wing was one of my all-time favorite shows. I never, ever, missed an episode, and yes it was sad when John Spencer died during the last season, and I was a little disappointed on how they wrote his character's death into the show. Otherwise, it was brilliantly written, and brilliantly produced, and the actors, a good many of whom I'd never heard of before, were brilliant in their interpretations of their characters. I often wish they would bring it back in reruns like they often do with older shows.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I know, and I've actually considered getting it, but first I need to get a new DVD player. Mine is almost 14 years old, and isn't working too well.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Hidden Figures is a FANTASTIC MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It should have won ALL the awards!!

Just watched it... :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I know, and I've actually considered getting it, but first I need to get a new DVD player. Mine is almost 14 years old, and isn't working too well.

They are pretty reasonable these days... even BluRay/DVD players. :)