• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What Is Your Favorite TV Show?

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
RAM, Riverdale is streaming now on Netflix.

And ... on to Anne with an E. I just started the last episode and so do not want the season to end. Amybeth McNulty is amazing.

It probably helps that I don't recall ever reading Anne of Green Gables, so I don't have the issues with it those devoted to the books do.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Oh goodie. I'll add it to my watch list. Right now I'm finishing up Orphan Black, Season 4 on YouTube TV

McGyver

Energetic
Adult Archie comics... Hmmm...
Like Graphic novel adult? Or brown paper bag adult?
I'm hoping for a gritty Sin City version of the Peanuts saga myself...

We basically have Netflix for our kids, but occasionally I'll watch some anime or dumb movie I didn't want to pay theater price for...
The really messed up thing that keeps happening is it's usually around 11:30 PM by the time I go to watch TV, so I lay down on the sofa (not the one the stabby gnome lives under) and I start searching through Netflix for something to watch and 8 out of 10 times I fall asleep instantly doing that.
It's really their lousy menu's fault...
I really hope the guy who came up with the "because you watched" idea falls down a really long flight of splintery stairs into a pile of broken glass and angry cobras with herpes...
There are like 600 lines of "because you watched"...
Is it a punishment or something?...
"Because you watched London Has Fallen... Seriously, this is your own fault for watching it... Now you have to deal with us suggesting these completely unrelated crappy movies... Don't let it happen again!"
No... Because I watched "Captain America Civil War", it doesn't mean I'd be interested in "Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves" or the 1902 cinema classic "A Trip To The Moon"... Colorized no less...
And that's the kind of suggestions you get...
Aside from being movies that you can watch with your eyeballs, they have nothing to do with each other...
God, that algorithm sucks...
And did you ever notice that different TVs have different Netflix menus?
Our Sony TV is different from the Vizio and they are both different from the computer...
Sorry... I think I have unresolved Netflix issue...

D

Deleted member 325

Adult Archie comics... Hmmm...
Like Graphic novel adult? Or brown paper bag adult?
I'm hoping for a gritty Sin City version of the Peanuts saga myself...
I might be able to give you a Peanuts/X-Men crossover (and I mean the gritty X-men comics of the 80's not the movies) where Snoopy is Proffessor X?

I really hope the guy who came up with the "because you watched" idea falls down a really long flight of splintery stairs into a pile of broken glass and angry cobras with herpes...
The Glass or the Cobras with herpes?

There are like 600 lines of "because you watched"...
Is it a punishment or something?...
The short version is... yes.

"Because you watched London Has Fallen... Seriously, this is your own fault for watching it... Now you have to deal with us suggesting these completely unrelated crappy movies... Don't let it happen again!"
<-Can I share this elsewhere?

I am guessing - but judging from how I interpret this post reflecting your personality I think I might be able to recommend some things. I recently discovered Rick and Morty. Not a Kid's cartoon (the DVD's had a fair amount of vulgarity), very twisted sense of humor - I am not fond of the animation style, but it grew on me for it's overall twisted nature.

D

Deleted member 325

I forgot to mention...
Netflix is the result of the programming from Tivo that survived the purge and new digital era, and escaped onto the web to network and join together... if that helps explain the "Because you watched" menu.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
ooh actually read a little of Archie and Veronica, etc... and/or saw them in a movie...but what WAS that movie? I can't remember... tho I'll probably pass on Riverdale.

as I said in my Nickie thread: I'm always better emotionally when I can watch a TV show I can really get involved with... such is the case of The Outsiders... I REALLY like this show a lot! Very different!

I love Orphan Black and can't wait to get the newest season on DVD.... I adore anything Anne of Green Gables... must have all the series ever made in Canada of those books!

McGyver

Energetic
@KageRyu
I know Rick and Morty... I've been watching it on Adult Swim, the Cartoon Network's late night R-rated version.
I think there might be a fair amount of cursing there too...
Far less then in a five minute drive with me, but by normal standards, I'm guessing it's a fair amount...
On second thought, they might bleep out most of some words.
But usually it's enough that it's pointless...
"F-bleep-K you Morty!", doesn't leave much to the imagination... I guess it could be "Fork you Morty!"... But whatever...
Rick and Morty kinda reminds me of me and my step grandfather... Only a little less mad science, no time portal gun or spaceship, a lot more cursing and more zoo animals...
I too was bothered by the animation a bit... I might get past Rick's drooling... But the pupils thing...
Why not dots?
What's with the tiny asterisks?
But the show is warped funny.

Feel free to use the "because you watched" thing, most of what I say is not worth repeating, unless it's to confuse your arch nemesis and buy some time for you to escape...

I don't know how often most people need that though...

I never had TiVo... Two reasons: 1- I didn't think I'd use it, which is probably right because my cable boxes do DVR, and I'm the only person who doesn't use them... And 2- That sound... Bloo Bloo Bloo... Agh... My friend had TiVo and was trying to show me something on it and in thirty seconds I was ready to destroy that thing...
Why did that even have to make a sound... Such a sound...

Okay... Apparently I have unresolved TiVo confirmation sound issues too.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Here is the more updated Archie Riverdale character look. New Riverdale - Archie Comics

The art reminds me of some of the stuff I used to see in the newspapers every day, I called them comic soap operas as there was always a main character like 'Nancy' and a whole story built around that character, always very well drawn. I think that's what clicked with me as a person that still sketches from time to time.... I love drawing.... comics were my portal so this new iteration of Archie just reminds me allot of that "awakening" within me way way back in the day! :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Now those are definitely more "modern" looking than the old Archie comic characters I remember from my "youth".

They're definitely looking good, that's for sure. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I can't wait for Riverdale to hit NetFlix. I am a total Archie fan and love the new version of the comic, less cartoony, more adult in nature and very nicely illustrated.
This must be the one time we're ahead in Australia as Netflix here already has it. oops just saw Satira said it is streaming...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Geeze, that's the second actor this week. Not sure how many of our members remember the old TV show 77 Sunset Strip, but Roger Smith, who played Jeff Spencer, one of the private detectives on the show from 1958 through 1963, passed away on June 4th at the age of 87.

He was married to, and managed the career of, actress Ann-Margaret. I read about this in the NY Times the other day.

Roger Smith Dead Star of 77 Sunset Strip

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yes, found out about Adam today on Facebook. So sad! I loved Batman. SO campy and fun.

I be Ann is just devastated right now. Poor gal. R.I.P. to Roger and Adam!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Just started a series. It's kinda silly but fun called "Young Dracula" from the BBC. It's part of my Prime membership. There are 4 seasons, each runs about 12 to 14 episodes. I watched 5 in a row tonight. Very fun!

McGyver

Energetic
I recently noticed my daughters watching Doctor Who on BBC America in the mornings before school.
I don't think they are into it much... On e of them finds it mildly entertaining and the other switches channels the moment her sister steps away.
Despite that, the one who is less interested, discovered yesterday that she can do an excellent Dalek imitation by shouting "EXTERMINATE...EEEXTERMINATE!" into the fan.
I realize this has nothing to do with what I'm watching, but I thought that was kind of funny.

A couple of days ago I found out my cable company has some Cartoon Network "Adult Swim" series... One of them "Venture Brothers" is kinda fun... I think Netflix has some episodes...
It's sorta like a real messed up Jonny Quest/real lives of superhero and super villains kinda show... I've seen most of them, but CN keeps moving around the air times and they produce only a few at a time and it takes forever for new ones... I've finally seen all but two now...
It's pretty funny at times.

Last edited:

McGyver

Energetic
The edit time expired, but I wanted to note... If you look into Venture Brothers, the humor and language can be a little "R" rated adult... So if you are offended by crude language you should know that.
You should also avoid talking to me in person and unless you are seriously injured and you can't wait for an ambulance to take you to the hospital, don't ever except a ride from me.
There will be cursing.
Probably a lot.
I'm pretty sure I'm responsible for several unique expletives.... One of which involves the accusation of the other party engaging in inappropriate relationships with young canines.

eclark1894

Visionary
I Loved the Venture Brothers. For anyone who hasn't seen or heard of it, it's basically a parody of Jonny Quest. Hey, McGyver, Dr. Girlfriend says "Hi."