• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What Gender Are Our Forum Members?

Are You Female Or Male?

• Female

• Male

Results are only viewable after voting.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I have never had a problem with telling the truth about my age. Even though most people think I'm lying :p

I'm a 52 baby. Which will make me 65 in October. One year from retirement age for me :p

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
I'm curious as to why it matters: does it make a difference if someone is male or female as to how you interact with them?

Terre

Renowned
Most of my friend have always been male so it doesn't really make a difference to me. I'm just curious.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I'm curious as to why it matters: does it make a difference if someone is male or female as to how you interact with them?

It's nice to know, especially when on forums lots of people don't post pictures of themselves in profiles and the usernames often don't give a clue either. I'm used to Facebook and social media where I know who I'm talking to. I don't think it's asking too much just for gender info on a forum, and is nice to know is all.

eclark1894

Visionary
Thanks Bonnie. I wasn't trying to shut down all the talk yesterday, but yeah, I do treat men and women differently. It's the way I was raised and no, I'm not changing. I'll probably be dead in another 20 years or so anyway, so everyone will just have to deal with it until then. That said though, I still try to treat both genders,(sorry, there's still only two) with equal respect. I was raised that way, too.

eclark1894

Visionary
Thanks Bonnie. I wasn't trying to shut down all the talk yesterday, but yeah, I do treat men and women differently. It's the way I was raised and no, I'm not changing. I'll probably be dead in another 20 years or so anyway, so everyone will just have to deal with it until then. That said though, I still try to treat both genders,(sorry, there's still only two) with equal respect. I was raised that way, too.
Btw... I'm feeling a bit cantankerous today so... despite what you might have heard, unless someone has rewritten all my biology books, gender is not a social construct and it is fixed at birth. Okay, I'm getting off my old man soapbox now.:sneaky:

DSC04648-1.jpg

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
It's nice to know, especially when on forums lots of people don't post pictures of themselves in profiles and the usernames often don't give a clue either. I'm used to Facebook and social media where I know who I'm talking to. I don't think it's asking too much just for gender info on a forum, and is nice to know is all.

Sorry but I prefer to keep it mostly private the same with my age, as eclark has said people treat people differently when they are aware of their gender and age, personally I would prefer to be treated equally. I do feel that in a way it is expecting to much to ask forum members to disclose such things.

James R.

Busy Bee
Sorry but I prefer to keep it mostly private the same with my age, as eclark has said people treat people differently when they are aware of their gender and age, personally I would prefer to be treated equally. I do feel that in a way it is expecting to much to ask forum members to disclose such things.

I don't have a big problem with it, though I really do understand your point.

Last edited:

James R.

Busy Bee
Some people like to remain as anonymous as possible online, which is fair -- and maybe even advisable. I don't know. There are reasons I'm up front with at least my name online.

And I do appreciate that some people here have let their guard down a wee bit and have shared moderately personal stuff about themselves.

Let's be honest...that's kind of a scary thing to do online. After all there are some people who use info like age and gender to "size up the competition" or dismiss others in the online art world.

I've seen this on other forums ...where some insecure people judge the young people as "inexperienced and ignorant" and other insecure people judge the older people as "out of touch and irrelevant"... and some people choose to judge/prejudge against this gender or that gender or another gender... which all in all is just sad, but kind of a reflection of human nature.

*shrug* What are ya gonna do? Humans be humans.

eclark1894

Visionary
I prefer to be treated as if you were in the same room with me. Online communication is convenient, but it's impersonal. I'm not going to treat my 80 year old grandmother the same as I would my 20 year old best bud. So no, I won't treat them equally. They're not, in my view. But I will give them equal respect. Honestly, I fail to see a problem with that.

I might stand up to give my seat on a bus to a pregnant woman, but not to a young man on his way to play a pick up game of basketball. I might if he had just finished playing and looked like he was about to fall down, though.

Last edited:

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Sorry but I prefer to keep it mostly private the same with my age, as eclark has said people treat people differently when they are aware of their gender and age, personally I would prefer to be treated equally.

I understand what you mean. But I think it's a bit one sided when some members reveal their gender at least, and others don't. I think that becomes one-sided with some people being more open than others. Much as some (lots really) of people dislike Facebook, at the end of the day everyones identity is visible there and nobody there has an advantage over anyone else. Which I like, really. The weirdos are easier to spot on social media sites, which is probably why they are now more popular than forums.