• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
At least, it's usually a "dry" heat (already 106f at 12:30pm today), but thunderstorms are a possibility this afternoon which will cool down the heat slightly but make it more humid

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Sunset in L.A. We had a lot of clouds pass overhead over the course of the afternoon, which put us all in the shade and cooled it a bit. There was grumbling thunder accompanying it. But no rain so far.

I've had the fan blowing on me all day and my office has now dropped to 97 farenheight.
And it's *sticky* heat. Yuck.

Terre

Renowned
Weather here is comfortable. We have two periods in the year where some days will be like this. Spring and Fall.
Meanwhile a friend down in San Antonio Texas says her city went crazy. Some rumors that there would be a fuel shortage because of Harvey started and enough idiots believed the rumors to cause a self fulfilling prophecy. All of the gas stations got run dry.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
What use to be the eye of Harvey is moving through today. Winds are up, storms, tornado warnings up, winds gusting to 45 mph.

It's pretty amazing that Harvey is still packing a punch!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I know, since "most" storms lose power when they hit land. Harvey's just doesn't want to give up. ~shakes head~

Yeah, this guy is persistent for sure. It's also pretty amazing how "tropical" it feels. He's supposed to move up to Ohio tonight and finally peter out up there.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Everything you ever wanted to know about Harvey and why it's so different.

Hurricane Harvey: Why Is It So Extreme?
  • Two big high pressure systems are pushing it from opposite directions, keeping it pretty much stalled.
  • The flooded area is so massive, and Harvey has dumped so much water, it's sucking that water back up and dropping it again. Essentially ... Harvey is still over water rather than land.
The flood area is so far and wide that it is acting like part of an ocean, feeding warm moisture up into Harvey. “You only need about 50 percent of the land to be covered with water for that to happen,” Masters says. “Obviously we have more than that in Texas.”

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Essentially ... Harvey is still over water rather than land.
That definitely makes sense, since the Gulf Coast is a huge area, and with Harvey's diameter, it's still stretching enough to be partially over the water. It's not getting north enough to peter out yet.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
We had a lovely cool and dry day here today, and it was a pleasure to be out in it. ;)

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Harvey finally moved past us. Now it's chilly enough that I actually put on shoes this morning (I hate shoes!)

Not cold, just chilly.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
mpd - welcome to the Hive - glad you survived Harvey!

Traci - same - glad it's passed!

For us, it's gonna be pretty warm the next few days. Upper 70s, (80 is about 26.7 C), but feeling like the upper 80s. Yeah, I see many of you rolling your eyes, but our normal temps now are around 10-15 degrees cooler. Most people here don't have air conditioning, either. We have a bunch of fans, but no air conditioning. and I definitely don't do heat.

Bonnie, your temps right now are just perfect as far as I'm concerned!

Fortunately, it cools down at night and usually isn't humid.

I grew up on the East Coast of the US, so I do know what heat and humidity is ;).

Here's a quick converter between Fahrenheit and Celcius:
Fahrenheit to Celsius conversion (°F to °C)