• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I just woke up due to a night thunderstorms. I want to go back to sleep but I am getting hungry. I do. Of course I feel like it is too late to be going digging around in the kitchen. That might wake someone up.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Warm here and skies are orange-grey from wildfires that are all over the west. Sky looks like that picture on the right in Ken's post. Amazingly, though we're hundreds of miles from the fires, we have a light dusting of ash on our cars. It's not real healthy out there and we don't have air conditioning so have to have fans on to keep the house cool.

We don't get many thunderstorms - I love to watch and listen to them when we do.

Alphina - always keep some food handy, easy to grab for a midnight snack ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Very grey skies today, but that's OK considering they were predicting thunderstorms.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It's been raining off and on all day. Started out sprinkling on my drive home, then turned into a steady shower. But it's a nice refreshing rain. So, I love it.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Well, the latest Irma prediction has really changed things for me.

A year ago, I sold my house and moved into an "original" tiny house - an RV. And, while I love it, it's not something safe to be in while a Cat5 hurricane is approaching. The newest models predict Irma may rake the east coast all the way to South Carolina before it comes ashore. And, while I am typically well inland of the Georgia coast, that puts me on the northeast side of an approaching hurricane. The worst place to be. In an RV, particularly. Tornado spinoffs are common.

So, it looks like I'm going to take an unplanned trip, though I am not sure where I'm going to head. Definitely inland. Because Jose is right behind Irma and his forecasted path is just as bad.

I think I'll check out what there is to see in western Tennessee.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Stay safe, Glitter!

Another sunny, 109 degrees here in the desert.

Not good news Traci. Stay safe!

Thanks! I will.

The nice thing about the RV is that I don't stand to lose all that is near and dear to me - all my precious belongings are right here with me and will move to safety along with me. Unlike the poor Texans, the only thing I stand to lose is a few gallons of gas. Not to mention that I am self contained, so I don't lose power, I don't have to endure crowded shelters, and I don't have to subject my pets to being dislodged from their homes. All in all, I consider myself pretty lucky.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Glad you're taking those precautions, Traci - stay safe!

Thinking about all who are in the way of Irma..

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I was texting with Shelly yesterday Alisa, because I couldn't remember how far south in Florida she's now living. I was wondering whether she's in the direct path, as she's on the west (Gulf) coast of Florida.

If Irma turns up the east coast, I'm going to have to make sure I have enough supplies to last me, because even though my local supermarket's only a block away, I won't want to be going out, that's for sure. I know I have extra flashlights and batteries from when we prepared for Hurricane Sandy back in 2012. I'll just want to make sure I have enough bottled water and such to see me through.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
From what I've read, all of Florida will be affected, even if it doesn't actually make landfall. Irma is twice as wide as Florida.

Current tracking has Irma as a Cat 3 by Orlando, Florida, and Cat 1 by the time it hits Savannah, Georgia. Unlike Harvey, it looks like Irma will lose strength rapidly. I don't see any high pressure fronts in the area, only a single low pressure front running north and south along the east coast. So, it doesn't look like Irma will be stalled like Harvey. I don't see Irma making it very far north at all or affecting Philadelphia.

Jose isn't expected to have any impact on the US as it isn't expected to get close enough to land. Katia, which is in the southwestern Gulf of Mexico, isn't expected to head north because of that low pressure front.

Irma, Jose, and Katia on Google Crisis Response.
upload_2017-9-7_6-34-57.png

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
They started sending warnings last night to my phone shortly after I posted my message. I'm more worried about my sister who is a doctor (resident) in Orlando, FL. She's considered essential personnel and couldn't leave even if she wanted to, and she wouldn't want to. She's a dedicated doctor and won't leave her patients.

I got a good night's sleep and am heading out now.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I hope you escape the Irma's wrath over there. Here I am moaning about a few small spits of drizzle on the way home from school, while many people elsewhere are literally having their homes blown away.

Deecey

Admirable
Contributing Artist
I have three cousins and three high school buddies down in Florida. One cousin has made it north to Tallahassee, two are still home because until recently the west coast wasn't under as much of a threat. One of the two is now getting increasingly panicked because she lives just northwest of Fort Myers, which is now where the eye is heading according to last projections. I can't imagine how the people in Florida must feel right now.

For everyone -- community members, friends, family, and loved ones in Florida, there are many prayers going your way. Stay safe above all.