• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

James R.

Busy Bee
Supposed to get up to +33 or +34C by suppertime today. This is truly weird weather for us for this time of year.

By comparison, in 2015 the high for today was supposed to be 1C.

It's so unusual that they've issued a Heat Advisory for our area.

I'm really trying to refrain from complaining because in a few months it'll be minus-34C.

Terre

Renowned
As far as Irma goes, my brother who lives in Tampa, lost power and is staying with his Father in law for the moment.

Here in Eastern NM we've been having relatively mild weather.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Well, we've been through hell the last few days. When new projections showed Irma coming through where I had moved to, I just gave up and came back to my brother's. The projections showed Irma missing him entirely.

That's not quite what happened.

As everyone is aware, I'm sure, Irma went just about right through Atlanta. She arrived Monday night with 60+ mph winds still designated a tropical storm.

It was pretty rough. The winds took out trees, electricity, cell service and internet service. We just got internet service back a few minutes ago.

I put my hummingbird feeders out today and had as many as 7 ruby throated fighting over 2 feeders all day. I'm guessing the storm has demolished some of their food sources because they were much more abundant today than in the past. Poor things.

There's a lot of destruction in North Georgia - primarily from downed trees. The kids in this area go back to school for the first time since last week on a 2 hour delay tomorrow. The roads are finally cleared of debris enough to get the buses through. A lot of local businesses suffered pretty badly because they couldn't process credit or debit cards with no internet capability for 3 days.

Hopefully, life will return to something resembling normal tomorrow.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks for posting Traci. I've been wondering how you were fairing during Irma's passage through Georgia.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Thanks for posting Traci. I've been wondering how you were fairing during Irma's passage through Georgia.

Let's just say it has been less than pleasant. ;-) I forgot to mention family in Orlando suffered minor damage to their home, but still do not have power.

Dylan

Eager
I hope you all stay safe over there.
Here is started out sunny and very warm. That was until a few minutes ago when it started raining. :(

James R.

Busy Bee
It was all of 2C here at 6am today. I had to turn the furnace on to warm up the house. :cry:

It's supposed to be mostly cloudy and 12C today.

I think the mid 20C temperatures are gone for good and fall is a-fallin'.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Glad you all survived, though slightly worse for wear, Traci!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
It seems to have decided that it's time to act like autumn here in L.A. Fine by me if it keeps it up.

Hornet3d

Wise
I live in the south west of England and it has been fine so far. Just finished playing in the car and stopped for a coffee and now the skies have opened, talk about timing.

Miss B

CV-BEE
It seems to have decided that it's time to act like autumn here in L.A. Fine by me if it keeps it up.
I wish I could say that for the weather here in NY. Unfortunately, even though the temps haven't been too bad, it has been horrifically humid, with the humidity getting up over 90% at night. Makes it uncomfortable, as it's not hot enough temperature-wise for sleeping, but the humidity is really bad. This has been going on now for a few days, and I'm wondering if it's Hurricane Jose, and its northerly path up along the eastern seaboard that's doing it. I don't think we're going to get "hit" specifically, but I'm pretty sure it's pushing all this humidity our way. YUK!!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yeah, acto the splash screen links on AOL Jose is not supposed to make landfall, but will be messing with the tides and spreading the storm eyes all the way up to Massachusetts. At least acto what they are predicting today.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Cooler weather here today, but it's been raining steadily for the past few hours, so it's pretty wet out there.