• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Terre

Renowned
Okaaayyyyyy. Based on that the temps here range from -18C or slightly lower to 0ver 43C depending on the time of year. Semi arid climate though so the temps aren't quite as bad as they'd sound in some areas. Winds are another matter. The closest mountains are around 100 miles to the west as the High Plains are the Western shelf overlooking the Great Plains.

Right now we're in one of the two times of the year when some days have what I consider mild temps.

Oh, thanks Alisa, I bookmarked that link, :)

Last edited:

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Still over 100 and stickier by the day. Nothing to do with Harvy. Ours is thanks to some tropical storms in Baja.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It was only 62 degrees here when I left for the gym, and it was raining and horrifically humid. Luckily it stopped raining before I left to come home, and the humidity has calmed down. I looked out the window a little while ago, and it's not sunny, but the sky has definitely brightened up.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
How odd. It wasn't humid at all here. I opened the balcony door and computer area window a couple days ago, and it's not been necessary to close them and switch the AC back on..

A huge bug did get in yesterday evening. Drove Tsuki nuts as she tried to catch it. The balcony screen has enough of a gap around it that it doesn't really deter all that many bugs.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I have no idea where all the humidity came from this morning, but I felt like I had already had a workout by the time I had walked to the gym. ~sheesh~

As far as the A/C goes, I haven't had it on for over a week now, and I've needed a blanket for sleeping the past 3 nights, so I don't know what was up with today's silly weather.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Cooler day-- 90ish, humid and more important, safe back at home (we were evacuated several times over the weekend due to the La Tuna Fire in Los Angeles)... the fire got scary close to us. Here's a couple photos-- from our yard on the first day of the fire and a water dropping helicopter shot from our yard on the second day in-between the first and second evacuations. You can see the sheet of water (5,000 gallons) coming down from the helicopter.

fire1.JPG fire2.JPG

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Weather here is 81 degrees, but the humidity is only 45%, so the windows are open and it's delightful here. :)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yikes, Ken -

Glad you're home and hope it stays ok.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
It be raining fair heavy here, with fluffy sheep clouds abundant and the west wind doth blow something wicked twixt times!*

*Sorry! I'm going to have to stop reading these pirate novels! :rolleyes:

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
This evening has been pretty crazy with severe thunderstorms, damaging hail and almost non-stop lightening and thunder.

Lost power once, but got it back pretty fast.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Was hotter here than it's been for a couple of weeks, but it was sunny out today, but they're predicting scatter thunderstorms tonight, and the humidity is up around 84%, so not surprising.

Thunderstorms are also predicted for tomorrow, but it's going to be cooler. I guess it should've been expected with Harvey traveling this way.