1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Todays Weather where you live?

Discussion in 'The Meadow' started by Bonnie2001, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Bonnie2001

Bonnie2001 Extraordinary

Raining in Ireland this morning. :(

2. Rokket

Rokket Dances with Bees

Torrential here again. I think the big storm has passed, so it's just the leftovers we are dealing with.

3. Stezza

Stezza Extraordinary

Raining in the Shoalhaven this evening ... first rain we've really had in a while.. been pretty dry.

4. Bonnie2001

Bonnie2001 Extraordinary

It looked like a big one from above...

[​IMG]

5. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Big rain storm with thunder and lightning hit yesterday just as I was leaving to drive the 20+ miles to my doctor appointment. About 5 miles in, I was finally out of the storm, and the rest of the drive was dry. My appointment was about a half hour, and as I was leaving ... the storm hit there. Driving the expressways in torrential downpours is absolutely no fun! It lasted until I was about 7 miles from home then finally let up. The rain was so heavy that storm sewers were backing up. Not as bad as in Miami, but bad enough the curb lanes were practically flooded.

Nice thing though was the temperature dropped from 88F to 77F because of the storm. So that was nice.

6. Bonnie2001

Bonnie2001 Extraordinary

Wow, 20 miles drive to the Doctor, and nearly getting drowned or sucked up on the way. I would get another Doctor, one in walking distance from home. :)

7. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

My doctor doesn't double book like so many do, so they have always been able to get me in if I call in the morning, or the night before. Since I'm prone to cellulitis (bacterial skin infection) on my legs, I really appreciate being able to get in immediately.

While it is annoying sometimes to drive 20 miles, I love getting the 60+ mpg for the trip. My daily commutes are wicked on gas mileage ... even with a hybrid.

The closest GP is at Lankenau Hospital, but it's not really walkable from here. Since it's a hospital, there IS parking. But it's not cheap.

8. FairyFantastic

FairyFantastic Energetic

over cast chilly ans showers in west midlands uk

9. daywalker03

daywalker03 Eager

Raining off and on here.

10. seachnasaigh

seachnasaigh Busy Bee

muggy (humid) & hot,:eek: yielding to a gentle rain in afternoon:D

11. Janet

Janet Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Supposed to be a heatwave in Seattle today but it seems the same where I'm at.

12. Pendraia

Pendraia Seasoned Contributing Artist

This morning was mild at 6 degrees celsius with only minor fog...much better than the 2 degrees from the previous day with ice on the windscreen and also fog. But it is starting to get lighter in the morning and of an evening...so Yay!!!

13. mininessie

mininessie Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

hot and partialy clouded...welcome rain here...but still not!

14. Bonnie2001

Bonnie2001 Extraordinary

Sunny this morning and 13 degrees celsius already!

15. Bonnie2001

Bonnie2001 Extraordinary

Sunny today, 16c!

16. McGyver

McGyver Engaged

Cloudy and a bit rainy... Could be a lot worse... I hate high temps and humidity.

17. Bonnie2001

Bonnie2001 Extraordinary

Raining tonight.

18. daywalker03

daywalker03 Eager

Same here in the US (Ohio). Apparently there was a tornado some ways south of me tonight.

19. Stezza

Stezza Extraordinary

[​IMG]

yep gale force here this morning in NSW

DanaTA and Pendraia like this.
  20. theschell

theschell Eager

Currently 20c + Humidity at 94% (feels like 28c) and raining here in Hamilton Ont. T-Storms expected, with a risk of localized flooding in the region... 5th day in a row we've had either rain, or storms, or both. There were tornado watches issued a few days back... but we didn't get them where I am... they touched down further west and north of me...