• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Sparky's products at HiveWire

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
I liked the pelt in this image:
fantasy-horse_tack_sale__open___please_read__by_blueduskwolf-d9jq6e7.png
I might also do some "greaves" like this horse has.
And I like the straps and barding on the horses the black riders have in The Lord of the Rings.

I was never going to copy source material exactly, I like to put my muses in a blender and see what comes out! ;-)

@Rae134 I think perhaps winged horses will need their very own tack to work properly with the wings. Come to think of it I'm not quite sure how riding a winged horse would really work, as having your legs stuck in the feathers would seem to interfere with the horse's ability to fly, and a horse with bat-like wings wouldn't have anywhere for your legs, because the sides would be largely sail area. I think the rider's legs would need to go over and in front of the wings, which would look a bit awkward, and probably be rather difficult for the rider in the flappy taking off and landing stages of flight. LOL But hey, this is where my brain is after staying up past 5AM working, and then waking up at 11.

Last edited:

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Au contrar. (!!Spelling??)......
Actually realistic studying of creative development is better understanding the nature of things before developing something.......makes for a better and more realistic product.
Keep on path!!!!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I liked the pelt in this image:
View attachment 27888
I might also do some "greaves" like this horse has.
And I like the straps and barding on the horses the black riders have in The Lord of the Rings.

I was never going to copy source material exactly, I like to put my muses in a blender and see what comes out! ;-)

@Rae134 I think perhaps winged horses will need their very own tack to work properly with the wings. Come to think of it I'm not quite sure how riding a winged horse would really work, as having your legs stuck in the feathers would seem to interfere with the horse's ability to fly, and a horse with bat-like wings wouldn't have anywhere for your legs, because the sides would be largely sail area. I think the rider's legs would need to go over and in front of the wings, which would look a bit awkward, and probably be rather difficult for the rider in the flappy taking off and landing stages of flight. LOL But hey, this is where my brain is after staying up past 5AM working, and then waking up at 11.
Some ideas......
God I love pictures!!! Wish I could create my own!!!! :((

IMG_2789.JPG

IMG_2790.JPG

IMG_2794.JPG

IMG_2796.JPG

IMG_2798.JPG

IMG_2802.JPG

IMG_2805.JPG

IMG_2806.JPG

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Looking good Sparky, but . . . ummm, I think you'll need to move the big guy out of there, or he'll scare all the pups.

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Thanks, guys! :)

Werebeast02.png

Thought I'd set up an environment for the Werebeast promos, too, while I was at it. I'd probably have a lot less trouble with finishing promos if I set them up in advance like this every time. ^.^

Now he just needs textures...

raven

Admirable
That is an awesome looking pic, even as a test. The environment just looks so real, the lighting is exquisite.
Thanks, guys! :)

View attachment 32919

Thought I'd set up an environment for the Werebeast promos, too, while I was at it. I'd probably have a lot less trouble with finishing promos if I set them up in advance like this every time. ^.^

Now he just needs textures...

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Thanks! I've been working on my actual rendering skills recently. A majority of my experience with Poser/Studio has been content creation, rather than actually doing art with the programs. Especially with the advent of the PBR rendering engines, I felt it was beginning to show. :-S

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Today, my day consisted mostly of waiting around for renders to happen, so I played in ZBrush again. I wasn't feeling very artistic, so I thought I'd do something rather more utilitarian. I made an M4 clone for Dusk. The work went more smoothly than I'd anticipated, and I got it all done in a few hours.

ZGrab01.jpg

Can you tell who is the REAL Michael 4? LOL

To test its suitability for my purposes, I decided to try and convert the boar character I'm currently working on. Here he is fresh from the Transfer Utility.

ZGrab02.jpg

Clearly, he needs some clean up, but it was a solid starting point.

With the M4 clone shape still in play, I was able to project my original polypaint on M4 straight onto Dusk. After that was done, I removed the M4 clone shape, did any final touch ups to the shape and added some hooved legs (the M4 character uses the Creature Creator conforming legs).

Here's a quick and dirty render in Studio of the shape and diffuse textures applied.
BoarCharacter.png

Still need to paint hooves onto the texture and convert the bump/specular maps, but all-in-all, I think it was a successful experiment, and I'm hoping to be able to support a wider range of figures more easily in the future. Just need to hack myself the time to create a clone army. ;-)

Last edited:

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I have a Pan character I was developing for Dusk but once I got the legs looking similar to yours... well I know very little about rigging from scratch to get them to move the way they should. Love to pick your brain about that or a tutorial on converting from the default rigging to one that has natural bends and movements like digitigrade legs. So for the time being he's shelved but oh I would so love to finish him one day!

Your work is outstanding as always! :)