• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Sparky's products at HiveWire

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Hey, guys. Sorry I disappeared again directly after I said I was back. :-S It's been a very stressful time, and it does have to do with the pandemic, lol.

What happened was, right after I had gotten back into the swing of things, my fiancee lost his job. He was an english tutor to children in China. At the time, we were not aware of the reason why that job, and all the others like it had dried up, because the Chinese government was still keeping the outbreak of COVID 19 under wraps. Shortly after, all the domestic job opportunities near us also dried up, because of the economic shutdown. So, we've been struggling financially for several months. I've been intermittently very sick for two months, and haven't been able to work very much. I now have a chronic cough, and can't be hired by any of the essential businesses that are still open, because of the concern that I might be infected with COVID 19. I've been working on the Werebeast character as I could during that time, in the hopes that the proceeds from it would help to make up the shortfall we're having on our bills. I very much appreciate those of you who have placed orders with my site, every one gives me hope that I can survive this. However, I'm looking at losing my home in the next two weeks or so if I can't find the funds I need to keep it (now at about $1,500). If that happens, I will have to relocate to stay with relatives who live in an area where there is no real internet access, so I won't be able to continue to work on or support my 3d content or website. Should it come to that, I will notify the community before I am obliged to go dark again. In that event, I shall also probably have to disable my website, as I will have no way to perform maintenance on it, or offer support to customers.

I find it difficult to share hard news with anyone, including those closest to me, but (pursuant to the comments about having kept my gender to myself in the past, lol) I have learned that it is better to be honest and open with people, and I thought the community deserved some forewarning about what might happen to my products and presence in that community.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So sorry to hear this Sparky...it's such a difficult time at the moment for people. I'm not sure what country you are in, I know that in Australia many of the banks have put a moratorium on chasing outstanding mortgages. Sending postiive thoughts and good wishes your way. I wish I could do more...

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Sorry to hear all that Sparky, besides the cough I hope you're feeling better

DanaTA

Distinguished
So sorry to hear this! Have you looked into help from your mortgage company? Not sure where you are, but in the U.S., mortgage banks are encouraged to hold off on foreclosures due to financial crisis caused by the virus. See about some kind of help before you toss in the towel, as they say.

Dana

Ivory Elephant

Adventurous
Hugs!!! That sucks! I guess the best thing is to keep working on things offline if it comes to that so when you do get back online you can explode with new content! Like Dana said check out what your area is doing about foreclosures there maybe something to be done about that!

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the kind words ^.^

I live in the US, and people who pay rents or mortgages have a degree of protection against this kind of disaster capitalism, but those who are a bit behind paying their taxes don't seem to have that consideration. We've contacted a lawyer in the public defender's office in the hopes that they can compel the treasurer to give us the payment plan that they refused to consider. Just to note, we've never been behind on the taxes before, so I don't understand why they would deny the payment plan that the letter they sent us said they were required to say we had the right to apply for without ANY consideration. It's very upsetting.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Yeah some states vary from state to state how they rule. VA as a commonwealth, is one of those weird states that dance to the song of a different drummer. Many laws in VA suck. Remember the foolish lawmakers in Richmond live different than the rest of us in Northern VA. People are calling for rent freeze at least for as long as this darn pandemic lasts. Of course it would have to continue til after it ends for some time as the repercussions are cumultive and will lag. Sucks. I feel your pain dear. Keep in touch!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Sorry to hear about all this Sparky. These types of situations are never easy, but now during the pandemic, it's much worse.

Sending you good thoughts during these hard times. :grouphug:

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Darn Sparky! That really bites! I am so sorry you are sick and then having to deal with this mess and money troubles on top of it all. I'd hate to see you not be able to create and sell your wonderful products! Sending you all my best and hoping things will work out ok for you. Def. keep in touch here if and when you can.

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Thanks! ^.^

After the update to the big dog, Chris and the gang stopped communicating with me about the projects I was collaborating on. I'm not sure they were happy with my work. Since the shape for the bulldog is Chris's, I can't go forward with that project. I suppose I could sculpt a new bulldog and put my texture on that. :-/

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks! ^.^

After the update to the big dog, Chris and the gang stopped communicating with me about the projects I was collaborating on. I'm not sure they were happy with my work. Since the shape for the bulldog is Chris's, I can't go forward with that project. I suppose I could sculpt a new bulldog and put my texture on that. :-/

We have reached out to you several times with no response. I know you have to be frustrated with us will regards to your newborn shapes and textures on our elephant and Bulldog that never made it to the final stages. It all stemmed from our scaling problem on our dog that needed to be redone, and soon after trying to balance Paul's time as we had him fixing several CA products that were then affected due to our dog scaling.

All this delayed things on our end immensely. Now we have Paul finishing up our tiger then back to Dawn 2.

I suppose you know we do have a HiveWire Wolf in the works as well right?

Still we remain happy to see any support you can lend to our products.

As to the newborn puppies Paul was in the works of fine tuning and adjusting your cute poses and didnt hear back from you so we needed him back on our Deer as I recall.