• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Even though this robot model is over a decade old, it rendered "affirmative" with Andy in Poser 11 Superfly :)

B9-and-ANDY.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning everyone...I know Terre usually is first to post it, so I'm going to surprise her with a greetings this morning :) I've been downloading freebies, loading up runtimes, and updating my archive....and trying to sleep off the after-eyestrain...haha. Now I've got new mats and some new dynamics to try...plus a few unrigged characters .obj to use as Setup Room experiments. The favorite possibility was this one, Mr. Humpty, partly because he's funny, and obviously was an original character, and partly because it would save some rigging, to have no neck to deal with...haha :)

model-for-rigging.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Indeed...bushel baskets of fun :) A tip...the short Folka can be achieved in the poses folder, rather than manually scaling. I've applied some of eblank's wonderful So Strange colors in the quick Firefly render below :)

FOLKA-FUN.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Another render from DAZ Studio a decade ago. I had many like this that had potential, but were either poorly lighted or, because of a lack of resources at the time, may have resulted in a beard that was darker than the eyebrows. After making sepia and oil painting adjustments in Howler, it brought a little life to this dated render.

JC-HOWLER-PORTRAIT-dark-sepia-400x492.jpg

Have a good day everyone :)

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
At the time Sarah was creating her animated videos in Poser, I was creating props for her to use. She needed biblical houses and I didn't have a clue how to make them at the time. So, I tackled the project the way houses are built...brick by brick...and not just one house, but several. I was wondering recently if this old project could have a new appearance with Poser 11 Superfly mats. So, brick by brick, I've been working on that transformation...and here's a partially completed example below to show the difference....the original house had the light cream color mat, and the new Poser 11 D3D Superfly mat is in the darker areas mostly on the second floor. The design of these houses were intentional...to save time, the upper levels of the two-story houses were just street level, single story houses, sitting on the second story....in other words, one stacked on top of the other. In case a brick by brick project sounds a little over the top...it's in the blood. Below is a pic of a wooden chain my Dutch grandfather carved from a stick, over the years, during his lunch breaks many decades ago. His attention to detail in all of his woodworking projects was incredible.

The houses that were built for Sarah are still on ShareCG, and the whole project was bundled in this free download:

BIBLICAL MODELS - COMPLETE .OBJ COLLECTION

biblical-house-p11-d3d-mat.jpg

grandad-chain.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
For fun, I've been searching the archive to locate the scene file for this old project, using a Lego man and instruments from 3dpmr.com, Finally found the scene files and Lego man model today, so that the scene would load. Now it's possible to animate the scene, which will be on my growing list of things to do :) Before locating the Lego man model, the scene was just loading with 3dpmr instruments only :) This project was originally to cheer up Sarah as her strength began weakening in early 2011. She liked using the Hiro character, and was quite a Beatles fan, so I got her started with faces (below) that she could tweak and play with achieving a likeness in a Poser scene file. Projects like this were difficult to look at after Sarah passed, so they ended up tucked away deep in the archive...until finding them today :)

LEGOS--BAND--2018.jpg

Lego-band-instruments-only.jpg

Hiro-Beatles--faces.jpg

Have a good evening everyone :)

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
A tip about 3dpmr free stuff...if you are interested in the free instruments above, they are on pages 118 and 119...so it will save seemingly endless searching :)

:coding: