• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) Hope she's considering doing skins for all the other new critters too. It's so good to see Nursoda producing characters again, and I know Wayii is probably enjoying herself :) I suspect that there will be one or possibly two more critters....in his promos there has been a red crab or multi-leg appearing thing, and I think there was another in the background as well, so I'm guessing we'll see those eventually.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Poor Bong is getting Konged again :) I re-animated the decade old scene file using the Sixus 1 gorilla as a practice run for the Hivewire Gorilla.

kong--bong--animation--2018.gif

skylab

Esteemed
That gorilla character was a hoot to work with...it had a lot of expressions, and the proper build for a "monster" gorilla. Some of you may remember the "Fon Family Dinner", where the Fons are slugging through the Hudson, and approaching Manhattan for a night on the town....there was a second image that went with it....when Fon confronts Kong after listening to "are we there yet" (haha), and says "Don't even think of getting in my face!"....haha. I wish I had known at the time how to get a better render of the gorilla....I just gave him a "do" in the Poser hair room, and let it go as a toon.

FON-GORILLA.jpg

Don't even think of getting in my face!

fon-family-dinner-9-14-14.jpg

...after getting enough of "are we there yet" :eek:

:drawing:

skylab

Esteemed
Does anyone know if the Hivewire Gorilla for Dusk will work with added morphs and expressions for Dusk?? You can see maybe where I'm going with the question...can he have the build and expressions of the Sixus 1 Gorilla? Maybe Miss B would know this (I hope). I have all the morphs for Dusk, so just wondering if there is a way to expand his capabilities.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
:eek: Poser Character Rigging

Well, I've gotten just enough sleep to start researching figure rigging. This project will take eye drops, and a lot of raw nerve.

Okay...I purchased a book years ago, knowing full well that I wasn't ready for it at the time, but it was tucked away in the "for a later time" stuff. I'm sharing this information, step by step, for any poor souls out there who have ever tried in vain to even get started in the Poser Setup Room. I also want to learn the "old timer's way of rigging"...that's not knocking newer program features, but if one wants to learn to read, they have to start with the alphabet...and I view these fundamentals as part of the rigging alphabet. So, anyway, here goes.

This method will use older, free tools that work with Poser 3 through Poser 7. Please try to refrain from booing and hissing...haha. Also, there is a more advanced book on the subject called Secrets of Figure Creation with Poser 5, which I also have tucked away, if you really enjoy sweating it out on your own. For now I'll stay in the slow lane, and try to absorb the fundamentals with David D'Champ.

The rigging book by David D'Champ is called How'd You Do That? Poser Character Creation for Beginners. There are used copies on Amazon at good prices. Reading the user comments leaves one confused, and it took a bit of searching to realize that users had mistaken the free PHI Builder by Roy Riggs apparently with PhilC's commercial PHI Builder on Rendo. The author recommends the free UV Mapper Classic as well. Also, the support files are indeed available, again not as user comments on Amazon indicate. The book's support files are posted on ShareCG in Davd D'Champs downloads, which includes PHI Builder in the zip. I'm going to hopefully set up Poser 7 for the purpose of using this utility, and for following the methods as suggested. Even if this attempt at rigging doesn't get off the ground for me, just having all this information and the functioning links together in one post represents hours of work that may help someone else get started.

David D'Champ's book - How'd You Do That? - on beginner rigging

How'd You Do That? Vol 1 Resource Archive

PHI Builder by Roy Riggs

UV Mapper Classic

May the Source be with you :bee:

:coding:

Last edited:

skylab

Esteemed
Last edited: