• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Animation amble in place test for the Hivewire Big Dog......c'mon now, ease on down, ease on down the road :whistling:
Nice...strut your stuff :)

HIVEWIRE DOG --- ANIMATION TEST.gif

Terre

Renowned
One question Sky. Why is the dog pacing in the first one?
The only animals I've seen do that are some horses and the very large animals like elephants.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) The animation is slowed way down for the benefit of testing...it's actually supposed to be a little faster, called an amble in the pose set...like a trot. I'm working on the full run right now, but had some questions for Janet about it before I post it. I love that amble gait...I like the head action. I'll post a faster amble so you'll see the difference.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Terre, I dunno but dogs seem to amble. Actually I have seen them doing that. My brother and I had the clippers out and both dogs ambled or trotted their way out of the front yard to the back yard as they hate having their hair messed with. Horses trot which is the same leg pattern and dogs amble?

Slightly faster than a walk.

skylab

Esteemed
Here you go Terre...the amble a little faster...so it doesn't look as "heavy footed" like a large animal...I just like to use slow mo in order to catch the slightest hiccup...that's how I do my animations.

HIVEWIRE DOG - ANIMATION TEST2.gif

Terre

Renowned
Sorry, that's not what I meant. The first and second animations you have posted have the feet moving differently.
You know more about riding than I do so I assumed that you would know what I meant by "pace". I mean the gait. Both feet on the same side moving forward at the same time instead of left front and rear moving forward together and the right front and left rear also moving as a pair.
The first and second animations you have posted have the feet moving differently. Most animals the size of a horse and smaller move their feet the same way you have in the second anim. A small percentage of horses and large animals like elephants, camels, and giraffes move their feet the way you have in the first anim when moving at something less than a canter or a gallop..
Horse gait - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Terre

Renowned
Terre, I dunno but dogs seem to amble. Actually I have seen them doing that. My brother and I had the clippers out and both dogs ambled or trotted their way out of the front yard to the back yard as they hate having their hair messed with. Horses trot which is the same leg pattern and dogs amble?

Slightly faster than a walk.
Some dogs may do that. I've never seen one move that way though.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B :) Yep, an active imagination...haha. I'm surfing today for city models, anything with Manhattan buildings. Found what appears to be a pretty good Empire State building...but not sure how it will work for close-ups. As usual, the research for props takes longer than setting up the scene.

:coding: