• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Sky, if you're interested, LuxXeon has a large set of freebies at ShareCG, and there are several chairs folks might like. This one happens to be my favorite --> Leather Beanbag

He has a lot of stuff not everyone's interested in, but there are a number of other chairs that look good, including a couple/three you linked to above.

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks Miss B :) I'll take a look at that. From what I could tell, LuxXeon's models were really well done...and with some extra textures, it would be easy to customize the appearance. I always like to use specific freebies when making pose sets so that the props are accessible to folks who download the poses. Thanks again for the tip, and if you have any other particular favorites, point me in that direction :)

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Superfly render of Manny and all the Andy characters from the history of Poser :)

MANNY-AND-ANDYS-POSER-HISTORY.jpg

Have a good afternoon everyone :)

:drawing:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks Miss B :) I'll take a look at that. From what I could tell, LuxXeon's models were really well done.
Yes, the man knows what he's doing. You can just look at those unusual shaped goodies he has in his ShareCG store to see. I think he even has a tutorial or two on how to make some of them in the Renderosity general 3D forum, as I don't think they're for Blender, but he does stop in the Blender forum now and then.

skylab

Esteemed
I noticed he had some whole scenes that were Blender files, but also had conversion to .obj and also Poser scene files. I noticed the unusual shapes...I'd like to take a closer look at those. Sometimes things like that can make interesting props or background stuff, especially with Nursoda's characters...they require a world of their own :)

I'm toying with the idea of playing with modeling again...but I'm getting all the re-rendering of old scene files and animating out of the way first, in order that so much work doesn't fall through the cracks. Dropping out of the loop for two years left a lot of stuff hanging....I've always worked on multiple projects at the same time...keeps things fresh and interesting....but stepping back into 3D after a long absence meant figuring out what I was doing two years ago, and picking up where I left off. It's helping me get the creative momentum back as well. The animating is giving me lots of posing practice...I was unsure of myself when I first started back doing pose sets, but I'm settling in to a routine now.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh absolutely, having a ball...but was not sure that I'd be up for it, until I tried :)

I solved the mystery of what character I was using when I was working on the Stallone character. It was done on March 16, 2007, three days after the Apollo release...so it's as I suspected, it was Apollo....and gee, that was 11 years ago...where does the time go.

Well, my nap is beckoning...so see you folks later :)

skylab

Esteemed
Second Superfly render on this practice exercise in getting all those feet flat on the floor (geez)...and after searching high and low for the Poser 5 box model that I thought was in the archive, I created a Poser 11 box using this DVD box freebie. So here's the revised History of Poser render.

MANNY-AND-ANDYS-POSER-HISTORY-with-BOX.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) Playing with Manny the painter again...this time video segments had to be compiled outside of Poser, since Poser doesn't allow for changing materials mid-animation...so there was no other way to show painting progression. The video segments saved together resulted in 128 frames, which had to be culled down to 31, and the dimensions reduced down to 350 x 322, in order to produce a .gif small enough to post here. So...in short...it resulted in a not-s0-smooth animation...but it's enough to convey the process. I used a model of a bowl of fruit that I created years ago for Manny's still life.

MANNY PAINTING FRUIT BOWL-350x322.gif

FRUIT BOWL  2018.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I've finally gone through all my freebie models and created a page on my website of what are probably the most useful. At the time that I created them they did not include Poser materials, just simple materials assigned by Anim8or or Argile....but now with the option to render with Poser Superfly and Dimension3D's Superfly Mats, my simple props can come to life. So, here's the link to the models page on my site, and an example of my corked jar with D3D glass and cork mats. I use D3D mats a lot....and with vehicles, I always use Schurby's Poser mats that come with his cars.

SKYLAB MODEL PAGE

corked-jar-promo-SUPERFLY.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) Yes, it's good to finally have my concentration and energy back at the same time. For awhile I thought medication and trips to the hospital had taken what was necessary to do this. It took better part of a year to recover from the affects of it all. I'm having a ball now...so far, so good :)

skylab

Esteemed
I almost forgot, here's the Snarlygribbly page, which includes info about which scripts work with which versions of Poser. I was pleased to read that he hopes to update his Snow Machine so it will work with Poser 11...right now it works for versions through Poser Pro 2014.

Have a good day everyone :)

:coding: