• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire House Cat Renders Here!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Last edited:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Decided to take time to play, this is an Iray render of a texture I'm working on a little here and a little there.
It is supposed to be a Silver and I had hoped the little silver glitter on the tips would show in DS.
This was my second try at it, the first came out with gray fur.
I call her (or him) Silver Sweetie.

SilverSweetie2 .jpg

The gray one...
silversweetie1.png

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I still don't know how the first came out gray, may have been done wrong thing in the settings.
I hope to learn how to get the silver showing just on the tips like True Silvers have.
We owend a kitty that had that effect in her fur, just never knew she was a Silver.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't know how you can save it as a preset, but I'm sure you'd be able to get the effect you want by making the root colour a darker colour and the tip colour a light one? I've never played with those settings as I usually want it the coat colour.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Ahh not sure if what I was talking about is in the free. I've got the full but can't use it fully as it crashes (its ok to add a preset to render but that's about it).

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Now my keyboard is working! It's intermittent. Dawn as Diva, Hivewire Housecat, Dreamland street scene from Renderosity and free backpack from there as well. Car from DAZ.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhhh, nice. Judging from the look on his face, he's very pleased with the Autumn scent. ;)

Michele

Eager
I keep forgetting to post my HW figure renders over here. Going to try and do better about that.

Naughty or Nice:

Personally, I'm leaning toward more "naughty."

Ran the final image through Topaz Clean for a more stylized look. It was inspired by a picture I found on Pinterest.

Also, I saved the pose for the kitty (DS). It's not fine-tuned or anything, but it's downloadable here for anyone who's interested.