• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire House Cat Renders Here!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
WOW, now there's a thought I've never had. ;)
Falcor Neverending Story!! Scales and fur.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
and suddenly both my Travis and my Nickie cat are looking back at me, right out of the monitor screen! I could cry! (good tears)... Laurie's eyes are exactly Nickie's color, and he gets "this close" to my face.... (Nickie doesn't have all the white Travis did, it's really
a combination of both boys... I'm still "picking at" other areas... but the face is done! :)

TravisNick.jpg

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I know there are some seams...but with all those stripes, this is the best me and my old hands can do... I am happy with it over all... It's a dream to have my little "soul mate" continue his journey on this earth, even though he is gone... He's been a poser cat since 1999!!

I'm so happy with this (oh and FYI, my avi is a TEMP avi, until I dial-shape the ears/face to more like my fur kids) I AM going to do Nickie- as his map is the same but for NO white.... he has a darker creamy tummy and just white on his nose area... the hardest thing with him will be the darker coloring on the bottom of the back feet that is so typical of tabbies like this... I also want to create poses for his shape and some other poses for him... My Runtime will have a MATERIAL to assign his new coat, set the other node settings the way I like, but you MUST have the base cat and tabby to start, as my mat file will call to Laurie's maps!! I am even going to place my coat map in her folder, so all the other parts of the cat won't have a fit looking for them. (I assume that is ok with legal and Laurie? @CWRW )

To be very clear: there is NOTHING on my map but the fur...done right on the template. :)

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Welcome to the hive Varnayrah...cool render. Love the outfits on the figures and all the cats.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Welcome to the HiveWire forums from me as well Varnayrah, and I too like your render. :)