• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire House Cat Renders Here!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Chris, Rae, and Miss B!

Yeah. I thought Cat Stephens was a perfect name for Stephen's cat. He's got a sense of humor.

That is great Satira. Well done.

haha Cat Stephens :D (maybe that's what Chris should have named the house kitty :))

Nice Satira.

Very nice Satira. :D

That is sooo cool Dan. Love the expression on the cat!

This is my take on the house cat, big cat and horse, a 3 in 1 render I really enjoyed making. Actually, an homage to the contributors and the creators of these animal models that are nothing short of amazing. And the versatility and wealth of morphs that are embedded in them makes them truly special.
So, as I was sailing along with my fellow pirates and one day I could not help overhearing their conversation which went like this:
"Hey Capt'n, what you see, sails on the horizon? Nay, said the Captain, I see people. Looks like our inspired creators are hard at work to make even more new crew members for us!"
...and I thought I should capture that scene and share it with you as a testimony of how grateful they are.:laugh:

View attachment 16840

...and I think I'll call it a day for today!;)

Way too cool Cybrea!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Almost there.... the back toes have to be moved... but I'm fairly happy with my baby's new incarnation finally..
Just a little tease:

TravisHWtest.jpg

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Well not from me, @Rae134 ... Travis's strips are not as regular on his sides... you'll see... but all I can do is work with what I have... and it is a REAL JOB to do the reconstruction work from the mil maps to the HW cat template...

I AM going to make a runtime, with a MATERIAL that will call for my fur part maps to go along with Laurie's base tabby...and with a couple of node setting tweaks... also I want to make some poses (when cats SIT their back does not bend, so want to try and see what I can do). I also want to make a Travis face/body shape if I can... I haven't experimented with the dials too much yet, but he had a more angular face, not a round one... So using MY poses will all result in a Travis look... I'll check all those boxes when saving a pose for "body shape transformation" or whatever they are called...

PS I did do a side by side with mil cat Travis...and it's wonderful how the HW cat's face has the BETTER proportions/shapes for a kitty cat... :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Good stuff there Lyne. Glad to hear that your hands and fingers are allowing you to work through your process to get this done.

Go Lyne Go!!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
@Dreamer, did you know that the famous race horse Eclipse from which 93 percent of all thoroughbreds can trace lineage back to used to have as his barn companion a grey tabby cat named Grey Malkin. Usually they have barn ponies or goats as companions, but his was a cat that used to sleep on his back in much the same manner as you have depicted. That's a wonderful image!!

@Lyne ...... Awe!! He is looking awesome!! Love his color marking! I so want him!!

@Rae134 OH yeah!! Like the Harry Potter Cat who is really Minerva McGonagall.

Here are a few contributions on the Fantasy Side. I'm checking some eye textures that might be suitable for other models.

Catula - and Happy October Everyone!!
Catula.jpg

Products Used: HiveWire House Cat, CWRW's Black Panther Texture for the HiveWire Big Cat, Custom Eye textures RDNA Free Bat Scatter, Daz Pumpkins.
Wings Painted In Photoshop.

Fairy Lit Marsh Cat
Fairy Lit Marsh Cat.jpg

Products used:
HiveWire House Cat, + morphs, CWRW's Leopard coat Color Mapped in Photoshop, Dance of the flowers Expansion Set background images (coming soon)

Last edited: