• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire House Cat Renders Here!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thank you very much! Pendraia, the outfit on her is Bast by Littlefox that was available at RDNA and I don't know, might be at DAZ3D... the texture on it is mine^^ The male outfit is Anunnaki by Luthbel with textures by Arien.
I knew that I'd seen it somewhere. Thanks for the info...All three vendors do good work! The outfit just works so well with the cats!

Lianam

Eager
Oooo furry kitty! :)

This one is not what I was originally working on, but decided to do something else to share and play with kitty. I made the pose and saved it. :D

View attachment 17137

HW cat begging.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's a cute pose Lianam. It looks like kitty is licking her/his lips, as well as reaching for some goodies to eat. ;)

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Oh she's cute Dakorillon. The wide-eyed stare, though, makes me wonder if she's sure about wearing that witch's hat. :D

Thanks! Yeah, I was trying to go for the little more Kittenish, so bigger eyes. It was fun, and quick! Used the gray-tabbie and just diffused it with black to darken the coat, not going for super-shiney black, here.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
UPDATE to my upcoming NICKIE map- studying him more in real life... I got a "duh, he's a GRAY tabby" - so I've set about making him as he REALLY is... dark gray tabby with very black dorsal/back of head, ears areas.... he is almost done now too. :)

Then I'll still need to do the 'body shape' pose, and some poses I have in mind... :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
UPDATE to my upcoming NICKIE map- studying him more in real life... I got a "duh, he's a GRAY tabby" - so I've set about making him as he REALLY is... dark gray tabby with very black dorsal/back of head, ears areas.... he is almost done now too. :)

Then I'll still need to do the 'body shape' pose, and some poses I have in mind... :)

Man (Wo-man)... look at you go. That all sounds just great! Me likey.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Falcor Neverending Story!! Scales and fur.

Love Falcor! The luck dragon! This movie came at a challenging time in my life. My four year old son and I watched it together. We talked about it and discussed the scary parts and what they meant. We talked about what the Nothing might be. That same year we went in for him to have an open heart surgery to prepare him for another surgery yet to come. One night in the hospital I went to the playroom to meet with the other moms after the kids were down for the night. At some point this movie, the Neverending Story came up. They were all horrified to learn that I had watched it with my four year old son. I was shunned after that. What they don't know is that the movie was one of the best bonding experiences I'd had with my son. We were four year olds together but were guided through the fear by a twenty something.

Great memories! The animation in the movie was lacking. I'd love to see Falcor with modern day technology behind him.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Love Falcor! The luck dragon! This movie came at a challenging time in my life. My four year old son and I watched it together. We talked about it and discussed the scary parts and what they meant. We talked about what the Nothing might be. That same year we went in for him to have an open heart surgery to prepare him for another surgery yet to come. One night in the hospital I went to the playroom to meet with the other moms after the kids were down for the night. At some point this movie, the Neverending Story came up. They were all horrified to learn that I had watched it with my four year old son. I was shunned after that. What they don't know is that the movie was one of the best bonding experiences I'd had with my son. We were four year olds together but were guided through the fear by a twenty something.

Great memories! The animation in the movie was lacking. I'd love to see Falcor with modern day technology behind him.
Yes, with all the progression they have made with CGI and animation I'm sure it would be a fantastic representation of this character and the whole movie if they ever decide to remake it. Look how far they have come with the AI tools that simulate the combat scenarios in Lord of the Rings and how smooth and flawless the animation is in Avatar.

Falcor is a favorite !! I was a kid when I saw this movie and well he always made you feel safe besides everyone needs a little luck. I also have a fondness for Rockbiter, Artax and Atreyu!!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Summer before last (2015) I attended WinkieCon (sponsored by the International Wizard of Oz Club) and it turned out to be the 30th anniversary of the 'Return to Oz' film. That one was done with nearly all analog tech, some claymation, and a lot of puppets and people in creature suits. Pretty astounding how beautifully it all holds up despite the competition from CGI.