• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire Big Cat Renders Here!

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Love it Lyne! And I love that you did get the whiskers to blow in the wind along with her hair.

Jut an interesting observation (that probably has more to do with the porsche model than your render). You did such a good job of showing the movement, that it's too bad there is that red thing in the tires of the car. You've got such great motion blur on the rest of the wheels, that it's too bad that's on the model.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hey GG, they are red brake calipers and they don't move so depending on how open the spokes of the wheel and speed of the camera shutter would depend on how much you'd see. HSV Gen-F Maloo R8 SV review (video) _ PerformanceDrive.jpg

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Hey GG, they are red brake calipers and they don't move so depending on how open the spokes of the wheel and speed of the camera shutter would depend on how much you'd see.

:lol: Well, that just shows you how much I know about cars. But hey, now I know something new.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Haha hubby makes me watch too much motor sports :p alot of the time the brakes aren't so bright so you you probably wouldn't notice them

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Love it Lyne! And I love that you did get the whiskers to blow in the wind along with her hair.

Jut an interesting observation (that probably has more to do with the porsche model than your render). You did such a good job of showing the movement, that it's too bad there is that red thing in the tires of the car. You've got such great motion blur on the rest of the wheels, that it's too bad that's on the model.

I got a laugh out of this whole conversation... as I DID have them in the first version of my "radial blur" (via photoshop) but then on looking at google photos of cars going FAST... realized the BRAKE SHOES do not spin...kinda would be hard to stop that car I think... so I did an insane amount of selections to get those 'red things' to be stationary... my brother was helping and he knows ALL about cars.... but I do have to say, no more art with moving cars! LOL!! Too much work! :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
All right, might as well try to make this a hat trick. Here is Smay's CatSaddle for the MilCat on the Hivewire Big Cat.
As I suspected, both the saddle and the boot came in almost perfectly scaled for Kitty.
Almost.
Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 6.46.36 PM.png

The saddle, since it has separate parts, can easily be tweaked into what looks to me like an all but perfect fit. The x-axis had to go up to 107%. And the abdomen (which is the cinch) needed its y-axis reduced to 86%. I also increased the saddle (only) portion to 115% in the z-axis, since most human figures are not sized like Gosha and Mavka. Like with the House Cat, I parented the saddle to abdomen3 and then adjusted its position with the main transform dials.

The boot is problematic. I did tweak it into a sort of acceptable fit, but then decided that for demonstration purposes I'd leave it exactly as it comes in, so the issues with it are clear. The fact is, that the fit of the boot platform and the upper straps is *perfect* exactly as it loads -- except for the section of strap below the rings where all the straps get connected. Fixing that would undoubtedly be best done in an actual modeling program, and probably wouldn't take a lot of doing. Unfortunately, there is no actual rigging to the boot itself. It's all one piece with no separate moving parts. So there's effectively nothing to get hold of for adjustment. Again, I parented it to the hip and adjusted position with the transform tools.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well it was, after all, designed for Gosha and Mavka, --who are gnomes.
But yeah. the saddle in particular is usable just as is with really minor scaling. And it comes with all those other props as well. The courier saddlebags, and all the luggage in the boot. And the boot can probably be worked with. One could turn off the lower strap by going at it with the Geometry editor, and replace it with something that might fit better. Or just do it in post.

The jungle kids also might take well to cat riding.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Just beautiful...I keep forgetting to post in the thread after visiting the media page. Does anyone else do that is it just me getting forgetful...

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
So impressive Laurie. Very touching image. Well executed, well crafted, well done.

I've just added this to the HiveWire Facebook page and my own as well.

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
This tough little guy decided to try on his father's collar. But then he didn't know how to get it off! The Morphing Collar for the HW Big Cat by PhotoGG (George Gregory) inspired me to do this picture! This collar comes with a truly amazing assortment of styles! There seems to be something appropriate for every render idea!

HiveWire3D Products used:

HiveWire Cub by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW
Morphing Collar for the HW Big Cat by PhotoGG (George Gregory)

Potted Palm by Lisa's Botanicals

Heeelp!
Heeelp.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
That is so awesome Flint Hawk.

Love it.

I'm going to post it on fb page now.