• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire Big Cat Renders Here!

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
These fancy textures for the Morphing Collar for the HW Big Cat by PhotoGG gave me the idea that they were mousers in a palace!

HiveWire3D Products used:

HiveWire Big Cat by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW
Morphing Collar for the HW Big Cat by PhotoGG (George Gregory)

Potted Palm by Lisa's Botanicals

and Daio's Toy Mouse

Royal Mousers
Royal Mousers.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Stunning Flint!! Fantastic use of the new collars LOL and love the idea of the mousers ............ although with cats that big you kind of wonder what.................... size the mice are in the palace?
o_O

That couch design is perfect to show off the nice kitty curves too!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
All right, might as well try to make this a hat trick. Here is Smay's CatSaddle for the MilCat on the Hivewire Big Cat.
As I suspected, both the saddle and the boot came in almost perfectly scaled for Kitty.
Almost.
View attachment 20736
The saddle, since it has separate parts, can easily be tweaked into what looks to me like an all but perfect fit. The x-axis had to go up to 107%. And the abdomen (which is the cinch) needed its y-axis reduced to 86%. I also increased the saddle (only) portion to 115% in the z-axis, since most human figures are not sized like Gosha and Mavka. Like with the House Cat, I parented the saddle to abdomen3 and then adjusted its position with the main transform dials.

The boot is problematic. I did tweak it into a sort of acceptable fit, but then decided that for demonstration purposes I'd leave it exactly as it comes in, so the issues with it are clear. The fact is, that the fit of the boot platform and the upper straps is *perfect* exactly as it loads -- except for the section of strap below the rings where all the straps get connected. Fixing that would undoubtedly be best done in an actual modeling program, and probably wouldn't take a lot of doing. Unfortunately, there is no actual rigging to the boot itself. It's all one piece with no separate moving parts. So there's effectively nothing to get hold of for adjustment. Again, I parented it to the hip and adjusted position with the transform tools.
There are some new garments in the works for jungle kids that would really go well with this rig.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Beautiful image Flint Hawk. Very impressive. Can we put it in the newsletter and on facebook?

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Sorry for the delay in answering Chris! (We had a very lengthy power outage! With freezing temperatures & 5 inches of new snow- so far! Brr!) But to answer your question- of course you can! I want to support HW!

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
This iridescent material for the Morphing Collar for the HW Big Cat is stunning!

HiveWire3D Products used:

HiveWire Big Cat by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW
CWRW Black Panther for the HiveWire Big Cat by CWRW
Morphing Collar for the HW Big Cat by PhotoGG (George Gregory)

Nature's Wonders Giant Moths by Ken Gilliland

Cathedral Clouds from PhotoGG (George Gregory)
Jungle Mist by Lisa's Botanicals
Tropicals II by Lisa's Botanicals
Moss by Lisa's Botanicals

Lunar Madness

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Great render Flint, though I'm feeling a little sorry for that poor moth. Kitty looks like he's hungry. ;)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Great Render.
That's an outstanding set of "armor". I'm having all kinds of difficulty resisting it. Even though I can't imagine using it more than once.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I know what you mean JOdel. It's the main reason I never bought anything like that for any of my characters, male or female.