• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I don't know, I wouldn't rule it out completely. At one time I saw a lot of flash game ads using Uzilite;s MOS Ranger for M3, and a few using Liquid Knight. It might be whoever was commissioned to make the Ad used Dawn as a base. After all, 3D graphics content gets around - I recently saw Davorama's old FVCS parts used for vehicles in a Star Wars comic of all places (it was posted on a Star Wars RPG forum I frequent trying to identify the truck to stat it out for game use).

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Flash games and comics I would understand, but this is an actual character from a commercial game. HW is selling Dawn at Reallusion, where it offers all the tools necessary to port it to the most popular game engines out there - Unreal and Unity, complete with morphs, expressions, animation, decimation, texture atlas, and several built in LODs. If you pay the "export" license, you are free to use the models anywhere you like. This means that COULD actually be Dawn, and it would be perfectly legal.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
I don't see anything from Dawn in that.. if I saw the ear I could tell as that is the most unchanged part in characters .
I never saw anything that coming from Reallusion that do not look like made from Dawn .

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I sometimes show here some of the Reallusion ads that showcase HW figures, like DawnSE and the HW Gorilla. Like it is with Poser 11 and 12, Dawn, Dusk, Baby Luna and the HW Gorilla all come bundled by default in Reallusion iClone and CC3. The complete figure packages are sold separately at Reallusion, and there is also a bundle that includes them all. That is to say everybody who owns CC3 and iClone already have Dawn installed in their runtimes by default. I am not sure if the bundled version can be used commercially, though, but the complete figure packages already include the export license.

So I wouldn't be surprised if the character in that game would actually be DawnSE. That is perfectly possible.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
It is very much possible , until you don't see the topology it would be a hard guess .. Dawn has so specific fingerprint in her face I could spot it directly especially around the eyes area , but I saw the suit she is wearing somewhere , I just can't remember where , the logo too on the suit
I am EpicGames member too .. I was early tester of the Metahumans that are now released .. this thing going to end the whole business soon .. too good

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
It is very much possible , until you don't see the topology it would be a hard guess .. Dawn has so specific fingerprint in her face I could spot it directly especially around the eyes area ,

Reallusion does not use the geometry from imported models - just the shape, textures, and morphs. That means Dawn in CC3 has a completely different geometry, so we cannot use that for comparison. It is possible to import Dawn from FBX, but that's not what the CC3 bundled and store versions of the HW figures are.

but I saw the suit she is wearing somewhere , I just can't remember where , the logo too on the suit
I am EpicGames member too .. I was early tester of the Metahumans that are now released .. this thing going to end the whole business soon .. too good

I was impressed by Metahumans as well, but they appear to be too heavy comparing to models we use in Poser/DS, and the processing power required to animate them is not for everyone. They are also not meant for the same kind of usage we have in this market. In a similar manner, the other day we were discussing at internal beta at Rendo that the minimum hardware requirements to run the new Unreal 5 engine is beyond the reach for most people, to include myself. My processor and RAM are WAY below their required specs. How many of us have 12 cores CPU and 64GB RAM? If that's what it takes, then I doubt it would compete in the same market.

Hornet3d

Wise
I don't know, I wouldn't rule it out completely. At one time I saw a lot of flash game ads using Uzilite;s MOS Ranger for M3, and a few using Liquid Knight. It might be whoever was commissioned to make the Ad used Dawn as a base. After all, 3D graphics content gets around - I recently saw Davorama's old FVCS parts used for vehicles in a Star Wars comic of all places (it was posted on a Star Wars RPG forum I frequent trying to identify the truck to stat it out for game use).

A few years ago one of the graphic card manufactures used Uzilite's Complicated Eve outfit in adverts in all the main PC magazines so Uzilite certainly got some exposure.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I was impressed by Metahumans as well, but they appear to be too heavy comparing to models we use in Poser/DS, and the processing power required to animate them is not for everyone. They are also not meant for the same kind of usage we have in this market. In a similar manner, the other day we were discussing at internal beta at Rendo that the minimum hardware requirements to run the new Unreal 5 engine is beyond the reach for most people, to include myself. My processor and RAM are WAY below their required specs. How many of us have 12 cores CPU and 64GB RAM? If that's what it takes, then I doubt it would compete in the same market.
The things you export are very small and smaller than DS or Poser assets .. they works now in Maya and Blender already , I have couple of assets exported for comparison , they have 10 levels of quality ..so you can use whatever is good for your PC power or tablet .
The requirements for Unreal has nothing to do with the exported characters .. they are lower than any Poser asset character and are available outside of Unreal engine.
All game makers I was working with complains about the sizes of of our community characters and clothing assets, they were too big to be used in a games and need to be reduced .
Yeah I forgot that most people use old computers but from what I see they can handle more stuff in the scene than a gamer with a modern computer .. paradox ..
I have PC worth 10K and 4 x GPUs that can choke on the stuff people create sometimes .. go imagine ..
Poser render in seconds on my rig and faster than Iray , but well that is my workstation that I am doing work on and not a hobby machine. . for hobby stuff I have my old laptop and tablet .. still can run stuff on that .. slower but possible

Anyway do not expect Metahumans to visit Poser soon , however it has the ability to do so and Poser too, it all depends of the users .. but I tested already , until then we going to enjoy our own "Megahuman" diva soon and the rest that follows .. as I am not looking for magic buttons yet .. it is too boring for me .

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I watched a metahumans video the other day and they are very real looking. It reminded me of the Pose tool in Daz where you could go between different poses to create a new one. Not sure that its still in Daz as I never really used it.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I watched a metahumans video the other day and they are very real looking. It reminded me of the Pose tool in Daz where you could go between different poses to create a new one. Not sure that its still in Daz as I never really used it.
The system is pretty the same as Genesis just very much modernized , I am going to make all my characters in the same style as Metahumans regarding materials, textures etc.. as that is the standard of today , and it gonna works pretty well in DS and Poser as I working on that right now .
we will be fine with what we will have soon .. a well desired stuff is coming that for sure !

regarding your question
You can even use 2 poses to make motion in DS and extract the pose between .

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe's Bad Hair Day.

Pacer hair HW.jpg

Hair is Prae-Pacey Hair by Prae

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I think she could pass in the late 80's , just give her some head band , Lady punk ! :laugh:
I think AG said that is her morning hair style .. lol

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Not quite the way I want this character, but here is something I have been toying with. Lots of custome materials, especially on the car but they are not well visible here.

The character is inspired by something I saw recently.

Hornet3d

Wise
This is Taiana Hair by Afrodite-Ohki which has been in my wish list for quite sometime now as I was unsure on the actual style. Nothing wrong with the product mind, just that I was unsure if the style would be too young a style for my main character. I finally purchased it thinking if it did not work on Caoihme it would work on Ealga but now I have tried the style it is beginning to grow on me.....or grow on Caoimhe if you see what I mean.

Taiana Hair HW.jpg

Outfit is Borghild by Hunter3D.