• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Despite the denoise not being used on this image, adaptive sampling was.

lightbox3.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Despite the denoise not being used on this image, adaptive sampling was.

Usually when using adaptive sampling, which is enabled by default, I don't need Denoising. In images with lots of small detail, like the dress pattern, it's best to avoid Denoiser anyway. It tends to confuse small details with noise, and remove them.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
I hope it works but personally I can't get away from the uneasy feeling that it makes it look as though we are ashamed of her heritage.
It is not about changing any names , it is just short call , nobody write Victoria 4 all the times , do they are ashamed of Victoria heritage to call her V4 ? what for talk it is ?
You can call it as you like , there is not a rule on it . I do call sometimes full name sometimes not .
Yesterday someone text me on the social media as they like the chimp so much, not until they heard from me Dawn2. it was meh I will pass ..

Why it is like that ? who is responsible for that ? the heritage is in a drain already and the world is not interested in the past.
People had already set up their mind , and talking will not change their minds. It needs to be thrown in their faces with something good for a change.

The main 3D community age at this moment is not older than 18-36 , and they do not use Poser in general as they are mostly users of Blender and other softwares that offering the today's standards in CGI ( for free)

Hornet3d

Wise
It is not about changing any names , it is just short call , nobody write Victoria 4 all the times , do they are ashamed of Victoria heritage to call her V4 ? what for talk it is ?
You can call it as you like , there is not a rule on it . I do call sometimes full name sometimes not .
Yesterday someone text me on the social media as they like the chimp so much, not until they heard from me Dawn2. it was meh I will pass ..

Why it is like that ? who is responsible for that ? the heritage is in a drain already and the world is not interested in the past.
People had already set up their mind , and talking will not change their minds. It needs to be thrown in their faces with something good for a change.

The main 3D community age at this moment is not older than 18-36 , and they do not use Poser in general as they are mostly users of Blender and other softwares that offering the today's standards in CGI ( for free)
I take your point that there is often and abbreviated form for figures such as V4, M4 and V4WM it is just that has not been the case with Hivewire3D figures up until now but that does not mean that has to remain the same. If someone understood I was criticising anyone with my reply to any of my input in this thread or any other than they have misunderstood my intent it is just something I do not do, not here at Hivewire3D at least.

I have no problem with what anyone wants to call any figure including Dawn 2, my response explaining my unease was born out of a suggestion, and maybe I was reading more into it than was actually there, that it was to distance the new figure from Dawn. Even so it was an accurate description of my feelings and not and attempt to criticize anyone else in any manner what so ever.

If I have created any bad feeling I apologise and hope that it is understood there was no malice intended, more bad use of words on my part.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
I take your point that there is often and abbreviated form for figures such as V4, M4 and V4WM it is just that has not been the case with Hivewire3D figures up until now but that does not mean that has to remain the same. If someone understood I was criticising anyone with my reply to any of my input in this thread or any other than they have misunderstood my intent it is just something I do not do, not here at Hivewire3D at least.

I have no problem with what anyone wants to call any figure including Dawn 2, my response explaining my unease was born out of a suggestion, and maybe I was reading more into it than was actually there, that it was to distance the new figure from Dawn. Even so it was an accurate description of my feelings and not and attempt to criticize anyone else in any manner what so ever.

If I have created any bad feeling I apologise and hope that it is understood there was no malice intended, more bad use of words on my part.
No you don't , don't need to apologize , Victoria 1 was not called V1 until Victoria 2 arrived .. and that is all about

Dawn was created to unite people not to divide. I am Daz Studio user and I love it as I use Poser for over 22 years . Dawn was born in Daz Studio , people forget that. I just want some respect and not be trashed for the support I am giving by anybody here . That is how they killing the HW figures and make people hate it because of their stupid talk . Nobody hate Chris and his work, they hate the fanboys that adding oil to the fire by each conversation. They don't make anything good with it ,but worse ! They should just do their damn products and support the figures and stop advocating in the names of others acting like a groupies all the time, nobody cares !

I am posting for 5 months my stuff I am working on everywhere and no one negative comments . Why continue the hate, why the drama , who have time for that.

So my dear @Hornet3d , I just talking in general , not direct to you or anything because I do not have any issue with your post.. Well I am not going anywhere . Love me or hate me .. I am saying things directly into their eyes not behind someone's back as I am not that shady.

P.S sorry for the interruption , please continue with your Art and stuff , I am not going to continue this conversation as I have product to finish to support HiveWire Figures ! other way the forums will get closed too soon, it can't run on dramas and envy.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Look, folks, I have just read through the last several pages, and need to say something here.

NOTE - This is not addressed to ANY SPECIFIC PERSON :).

All this talk about is it good or bad to refer to Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 as D2 or D2F and D2M is, frankly, silly. Some people are using it as a shortcut rather than typing the full names out - that's up to them, it's no big deal!!! All that is important is that HiveWire is going to refer to them as Dawn 2 and Dusk 2, not with initials.

It is also REALLY not helpful to regurgitate over and over how people didn't accept Dawn and Dusk. That's THEIR problem. Some of them will have the same attitude about our Version 2 figures. How about if we focus on the POSITIVE and not all the negativity ???

PLEASE LET IT END without more comments and get back to the point of this thread, RENDERS OF DAWN!!!!

If you have any questions, please pm me or email me: alisa-at-hivewire3d.com (substitute @ for -at-)

Thank you!!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Very nice Hornet. I really like the material of the top she's wearing. Did you created it, or did it come with the top, in which case, which top is it?

Hornet3d

Wise
Very nice Hornet. I really like the material of the top she's wearing. Did you created it, or did it come with the top, in which case, which top is it?

It is extremely rare for me to create a material but I often do not use the default materials and instead use materials from some of the many commercial collections available. The collection in this case is fabric materials for Poser by Handspan Studios but the sad news is I purchased the collection from Daz3d some years ago and, not surprisingly I guess, it appears it is no longer at Daz3d. For those using DS there are some stunning materials 4K shader presets that are available at Daz 3D.

Handspan Studios does have a store at Renderosity but there is no content for Dawn, not even the superb Head Morph Kit 1 for Dawn that was available at Hivewire3D.

The top by the way from Basics 3 for Dawn by ShellyW which is available in Shellyw's store at renderosity.

Hornet3d

Wise
Matrix is my favorite movie of all time, well at least the first part, not so keen on the second and third.

Sadly you render does highlight a growing trend these days.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Handspan Studios does have a store at Renderosity but there is no content for Dawn, not even the superb Head Morph Kit 1 for Dawn that was available at Hivewire3D.
What was the name of the product, as I have some of their goodies I bought ages ago, and may have the one you used in this render.

The top by the way from Basics 3 for Dawn by ShellyW which is available in Shellyw's store at renderosity.
Oh I am/was Shelly's "alpha" tester (before the beta team got their hands on it), so I have all her goodies. She's a long time friend I first interacted with before either of us got into 3D graphics, when we were both doing 2D graphics on a forum I used to moderate back in the day. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
What was the name of the product, as I have some of their goodies I bought ages ago, and may have the one you used in this render.

Oh I am/was Shelly's "alpha" tester (before the beta team got their hands on it), so I have all her goodies. She's a long time friend I first interacted with before either of us got into 3D graphics, when we were both doing 2D graphics on a forum I used to moderate back in the day. ;)

The materials collection went under the simple name of 'fabric materials for Poser'. I am not sure when it was released but I purchased it in January 2018 if that is any help.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
The materials collection went under the simple name of 'fabric materials for Poser'. I am not sure when it was released but I purchased it in January 2018 if that is any help.
Handspan had quite a few material MRs for Poser and I do still use them a lot when painting textures onto UV maps (they are not mt5 preloads). They were some of the best of their day, and I still find them quite useful. They had quite an assortment of seamless materials and things like buttons and lace trims. I did a search on Renderosity, but could only locate one of the 3 sets I purchased: Cloth Textures Volume 6 2D Graphics HandspanStudios

Handspan is part of the Thorneworks, Mada group so there may be some under those vendor names.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, I found something on my external backup hard drive, but it was a 3D item for DS, not textures, and it was back in 2012 when Thorne and Mada still had their site(s) open. I just don't recall if I ever bought texture sets from Handspan, as it was a long time ago.