• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Jenn Blake, Rendo sales manager, has already claimed they will give full support to promote D2FM at their site and store when they come out. She also said they will not tolerate trolling and flaming in their forums, which is good for a change.

This is complete bunk. There are 2 well known anti-Poser people over there in 2 forums doing nothing but bashing Poser right now. It's so bad, they run everyone else off the thread until it's only them left bashing Poser. On Renderosity's own forums.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I wonder which forum thread that is, because I'm on their forums at least 2 or 3 times a day, and I don't recall seeing such a thread.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I wonder which forum thread that is, because I'm on their forums at least 2 or 3 times a day, and I don't recall seeing such a thread.
One in the Poser forum - Is it worth upgrading to Poser 12 and another in the Poser 12 forum titled Free version of Poser Beneficial to Vendors

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Sounds too much like some other base figure name, so very generic and antiseptic.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This is complete bunk. There are 2 well known anti-Poser people over there in 2 forums doing nothing but bashing Poser right now. It's so bad, they run everyone else off the thread until it's only them left bashing Poser. On Renderosity's own forums.

Jenn asked us to tell her if people do things like this in the forums.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Sounds too much like some other base figure name, so very generic and antiseptic.

And that's why Cath thinks it will detach the figure from the established stigma, and give people a chance to give it a try before jumping to conclusions.

Hornet3d

Wise
I have some doubt that changing the name in an attempt to hide the link to Dawn will work but that is a personal view. Those that slated Dawn will have a go at any Hivewire3D figure mainly because it shows that Poser is not dead despite them predicting it's demise for years. I have been using Poser of over twenty years now and they have been predicting the death for all of that time.

I left Renderosity some years ago mainly due to the flame wars in the forums and a few policies that I did not agree with, I deleted my gallery of over 200 renders at the same time. I did not look at the forum or the marketplace for two years or more, a big change from my $100+ monthly spend on Poser content there. With this in mind I think you can imagine just how I felt when I learned Bondware had purchased Poser. It did at least make me look again at Renderosity and there have been changes. The flame wars appear to have gone, yes there are still those the are adamant that Poser is either dying or dead, which leaves you with the question why are they spending so much time in a Poser forum.

On the wider issue of Poser itself, I actually feel that, so far, Bondware's ownership has started taking it in the right direction. I do not agree with some points, like the continued use of the deactivation feature but then I understand I cannot have it all. I do like the way they have made Poser work with the GPU so that I can now make use with my 1080Ti that was useless with Poser until they made the changes. I also like the fact they have worked with Ken 1171 to bring some badly needed scripts to Poser. The scatter tool is a real plus and the IK manager and Lock Master are really going to make posing a lot easier, not bad for the piece of software called Poser. The new method of installing purchased content will be a real plus for new users.

I am finally spending back at Renderosity and will continue to do so while poser is moving in the right direction. As to the forums, I have participated in them since returning but I will stay in lurk mode for the ones quoted, no point in getting involved, as the saying goes you can wake up someone who is asleep but not someone pretending to be asleep.

Hornet3d

Wise
And that's why Cath thinks it will detach the figure from the established stigma, and give people a chance to give it a try before jumping to conclusions.

I hope it works but personally I can't get away from the uneasy feeling that it makes it look as though we are ashamed of her heritage.

Miss B

CV-BEE
One in the Poser forum - Is it worth upgrading to Poser 12 and another in the Poser 12 forum titled Free version of Poser Beneficial to Vendors
Oh yeah the one in the Poser 12 forum got my ire up a couple of times. I don't go into that thread anymore, so didn't know how far they had taken it.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I hope it works but personally I can't get away from the uneasy feeling that it makes it look as though we are ashamed of her heritage.

It's not so much how we feel about it, but instead to give it a chance for people to give her a try without being stopped by prejudice. Like I had mentioned above, most people who have skipped Dawn never actually used her, and that's purely based on her name since they knew nothing else about it. That's why I thought Cath's idea could work.

Oh yeah the one in the Poser 12 forum got my ire up a couple of times. I don't go into that thread anymore, so didn't know how far they had taken it.

Tell Jenn about it. She's a mod, and she said she doesn't want this happening there.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Both Sunfire and Hornet nailed it.

Some people who refused to try Dawn did so because of the belief that while HiveWire makes spectacular animals, they can't make decent human figures. The stigma isn't because the figure is named Dawn. It's because she is a HiveWire figure.

Mimicking how people refer to the DAZ figures rather looks like an attempt to disassociate Dawn 2.0 from HiveWire, not just an attempt to hide that it's Dawn.

This seems too much like an ill disguised attempt to fool people. Every time the reasoning for referring to Dawn 2.0 as D2F is explained, it comes across as let's trick people into using Dawn. That's not something I want to be associated with.

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
Jenn asked us to tell her if people do things like this in the forums.

Ken it really doesn't seem to matter. The usual suspects are still there causing the same crap. Hasn't changed in years. The Poser DS wars are alive and well. The more that gets updated or fixed in Poser; the louder and louder the detractors spout vitriol.

Miss B I got sucked into that one for a post or two but I have long given up. It takes me a lot to not post some mornings. The misinformation and hostility; not my cup of tea. I completely understand your feelings on this. It gets tiring.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Both Sunfire and Hornet nailed it.

Some people who refused to try Dawn did so because of the belief that while HiveWire makes spectacular animals, they can't make decent human figures. The stigma isn't because the figure is named Dawn. It's because she is a HiveWire figure.

Mimicking how people refer to the DAZ figures rather looks like an attempt to disassociate Dawn 2.0 from HiveWire, not just an attempt to hide that it's Dawn.

This seems too much like an ill disguised attempt to fool people. Every time the reasoning for referring to Dawn 2.0 as D2F is explained, it comes across as let's trick people into using Dawn. That's not something I want to be associated with.
I agree! Be proud of Dawn AND Hivewire. Just remember, the folks who refuse to use the HW figures are the ones losing out, not you/us.

But, also, please keep in mind that those people are the ones who still use V4. Their refusal to move has absolutely nothing to do with the model and/or the modelers - it's not about the quality of Dawn/Dusk OR about Chris. It's about the fact that they aren't leaving Vicky and their huge runtimes in the dust to move to a new figure. It's that simple, folks.

Just remember one really important thing - Poser users are not DS users and they cannot be marketed to as if they are. Those Poser users who ARE like DS users switched to DS long ago. The ones who are left are die hard Poser users that will never likely be converted by DAZ. They will eventually tire of having nothing new for V4 and switch to a different figure when they see something attractive or necessary to something they are doing.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Seems like some of those bashing Poser in the Rendo forums have also been banned from the DAZ forums for also bashing DS.
Trolls gonna troll, haters gonna hate. If everything were perfect, they would still find something to complain about. :rolleyes:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Miss B I got sucked into that one for a post or two but I have long given up. It takes me a lot to not post some mornings. The misinformation and hostility; not my cup of tea. I completely understand your feelings on this. It gets tiring.
I know PDG, and considering how long you've been "on the scene", and how knowledgeable I've always considered you, it makes me want to stick my fist through my monitor, grab the offenders by the neck, and squeeze the life out of them. :mad:

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Seems like some of those bashing Poser in the Rendo forums have also been banned from the DAZ forums for also bashing DS.
Trolls gonna troll, haters gonna hate. If everything were perfect, they would still find something to complain about. :rolleyes:

Like perfection? ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
We can blame the trolls and the Poser haters for putting a lot of people off using Dawn but, to some degree you have to question those who just go along with something because it is written by someone on social media or tried something once and then assumes that the something in question is then frozen in time. I did not warm to Dawn but still tried again when Dawn SE was launched and found the figure to be very different.

I have lost count of the number of films that I have enjoyed but never would have watched had I listened to the critics while I have also abandoned films part way through despite critics raving over the film. Some times they are right of course but I would have missed out on a lot of enjoyable films if I had just taken their word as Gospel.