• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Hornet3d

Wise
My first render in a good few weeks as I play with other pastimes, but Poser still has a draw and I am still buying some new content here and there.

Caoimhe has had a change of hair colour along the way as well.

Panel HS HW.jpg

Suit is the stunning Borghild - Cyber Sci-fi for Dawn by Hunter3D.

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe's stomach had an adverse reaction as the lift started it's journey upwards a feeling she saw as confirmation that she really should not have come but then she had been telling herself that for days. She made the decision not to come very early on but she could not shake the nagging doubt that she would in the end. Now she felt she would rather be facing a squadron of enemy star fighters rather than be here, at least she would know what she had to do and why she was doing it.

Her mind drifted back to Turlough they had never been close due mainly to the fact that whenever they were together an argument was never far away and when they argued they would keep their distance, at least for a while. This time had been different the normal week or two separation became a month and then two and then.... well it had been almost a year since they had met up. She had given up on the idea she would see him again and then, out of the blue, the invite. Why had he made contact, more to the point, why had she accepted she had no real need to see him but then, that being the case, why had she spent most the afternoon trying to look her best. She told herself it was because it would help her feel confident but if that was the reason it had all been in vain.

Going Up HW.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thank you, Pen! I have talked to Paul, and he said a clone will be available on the next Dawn 2 beta, for those who are beta-testing. So I won't have to make it myself, but I would still love to have clones for Genesis, so I can use her clothing on D2. I was lucky to have clones for all Genesis versions for DawnSE, but I don't recall from where they came from. It's hard to keep track when distribution is forbidden, but everybody wants them.
I'm glad to hear that...

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I am happy many of us from the HW community got featured at Renderosity's "Poser Pulse" this month on the 17th. Congrats! In addition, Mininessie and I got featured again on the Renderosity Staff Pick today. Mine were all DawnSE renders, so I can only imagine the impact Dawn2 will have on the galleries. ^___^

Hornet3d

Wise
I am fascinated by the change a hair style can make to a figure, making the face look younger or longer and so on.

Suited Juliana Hair HW comp.jpg

Two hair styles here thanks to a sale on at Renderosity on the left is Juliana Hair and the right Mariana hair both by Afrodite-Ohki.

Hornet3d

Wise
Apparently, I missed that Poser Pulse. I got Motion Blur (4/8), Earth Day (4/22), and the Morphing Tool (4/29). But nothing for 4/15-17

I am not sure what was in the Poser Pulse in that time frame, I only became aware as both hairs were in my wish list which I monitor on almost a daily basis. Both products are still 50% off for another 20 Hours.

Hornet3d

Wise
The reason for the choice of suit in these latest renders is because I also posted them in the Renderosity gallery in the hope it will give CKV-01 for Dawn and little more exposure. I think a lot of the Hivewire3D stuff needs such attention as there is a danger it will be swamped in the bigger pond that is Renderosity.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
According to some sources, the reason CKV-01 didn't sell had nothing to do with the product itself. It was instead because Dawn was marked as the figure "everybody knows" is bad, so they didn't support her. There is this social media phenomenon nowadays where someone plants an idea, and social media amplifies it by repeating it until everybody agrees it is true. Like ancient Chinese philosopher used to say, "Truth is what most people believe". With the advent of social media, new "truths" are manufactured everyday by simple repetition until accepted as true. If people hear the same thing repeated for long enough, it becomes true to them, even if they have never put it to test. That explains why most people who dislike Dawn also admit they have never used her. When asked why they dislike her, they repeat the exact same words echoed on social media, proving it was never their own opinion - they are just parroting what they heard. In a nutshell, that's how the CKV-01 didn't sell.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Maybe now when D2 comes out and people see the amazing add-ons that Mec4D is doing they will change their mind and it will start selling (I'm sure Chris will do a morph/clone so old stuff will fit like he did between Dawn/Dusk/Luna)

Hornet3d

Wise
Maybe now when D2 comes out and people see the amazing add-ons that Mec4D is doing they will change their mind and it will start selling (I'm sure Chris will do a morph/clone so old stuff will fit like he did between Dawn/Dusk/Luna)

I hope that D2 will be a great success but my worry is that it will suffer purely because of the name as there was nothing very wrong with Dawn particularly in the SE version. Those that were prepared to believe that Dawn would not work in Poser or was a terrible figure to work with could be equally prepared to believe the same of any figure. Perhaps having Renderosity as the owners, who have a vested interest in making sure Poser grows stronger, will ensure things are different this time around, we can only hope.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I hope that D2 will be a great success but my worry is that it will suffer purely because of the name as there was nothing very wrong with Dawn particularly in the SE version. Those that were prepared to believe that Dawn would not work in Poser or was a terrible figure to work with could be equally prepared to believe the same of any figure.

Mec4D is suggesting using "D2F" from now on to skip the stigma attached to "Dawn".

Perhaps having Renderosity as the owners, who have a vested interest in making sure Poser grows stronger, will ensure things are different this time around, we can only hope.

Jenn Blake, Rendo sales manager, has already claimed they will give full support to promote D2FM at their site and store when they come out. She also said they will not tolerate trolling and flaming in their forums, which is good for a change.