• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Hornet3d

Wise
I think you just like red. (So do I.)

Version 2 had ample contrast with the whole figure. Version 3 does a good job of focusing attention on the face and head.

Blue is my favorite colour, for sci-fi renders anyway but red is a very close second.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Still blown away by the season finale of The Mandalorian. Made with DawnSE, Body Type-11, Perfect Pelvis, rendered in Poser with Superfly.

TalentWithoutTraning_1200.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Found this little gem Anime morph for LaFemme at Rosity, and I bought it right away. Couldn't do anything with the LF body, so I took her head off in Modo, and rebuilt her CR2 to use only the head geometry. Here I am using the new head with DawnSE + Type-11 body, and YESSS, now it is getting somewhere. Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

UnexpectedAnimeness_1200.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
DawnSE keeps establishing herself at the Rendo galleries. I've got one of her renders featured once in January, twice in February, and today my "Feline Blues" render with DawnSE and HW Big Cat was the winner of their monthly Render Rewards on the Poser side. I hope that means something for those who still don't believe Dawn is the better figure. She may not be popular there, but she has been turning heads in the Rendo galleries as soon as I started posting there, in spite of the corporate bickering. Based on my experience so far at the Rendo galleries, if the render looks good, they don't seem to care what figure I use. \^___^/

Considering how BIG that community is, and how many renders are posted everyday, it seems less likely to be a coincidence that my DawnSE renders have called attention this often just in the last 2 months since I have moved to Rendo. After all, the vast majority of people are posting renders of LF and Genesis, so I am almost alone using Dawn there. I hope this trend continues and paves the way for Dawn 2. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
DawnSE keeps establishing herself at the Rendo galleries. I've got one of her renders featured once in January, twice in February, and today my "Feline Blues" render with DawnSE and HW Big Cat was the winner of their monthly Render Rewards on the Poser side. I hope that means something for those who still don't believe Dawn is the better figure. She may not be popular there, but she has been turning heads in the Rendo galleries as soon as I started posting there, in spite of the corporate bickering. Based on my experience so far at the Rendo galleries, if the render looks good, they don't seem to care what figure I use. \^___^/

Considering how BIG that community is, and how many renders are posted everyday, it seems less likely to be a coincidence that my DawnSE renders have called attention this often just in the last 2 months since I have moved to Rendo. After all, the vast majority of people are posting renders of LF and Genesis, so I am almost alone using Dawn there. I hope this trend continues and paves the way for Dawn 2. :)

Congratulations on your win the the monthly Render Rewards, a well deserved win I will add.

I closed down my gallery at Rendo a few years ago for a number of reasons but I have been rebuilding it ever since they purchased Poser. In line with my posting here they are exclusively based around Dawn SE and I have had a couple on such renders included in the monthly staff picks. More recently one of my images was included in the selection for the Poser Pulse campaign. While I am pleased (and surprised) by such picks I am also well aware that there are renders posted here at Hivewire3D that make my renders look like beginners attempts at using Dawn in Poser or DS and it would be good to see such renders at Rendo as well. I am not suggesting for a minute that such examples are not posted here more having them uploaded at Rendo as well.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Congratulations on your win the the monthly Render Rewards, a well deserved win I will add.

Thanks!

I closed down my gallery at Rendo a few years ago for a number of reasons but I have been rebuilding it ever since they purchased Poser.

I have also left Rendo over a decade ago, but now we have DOUBLE reasons to return:

1) They now own Poser, so we have to support them.
2) HW store has moved there, so why not post in their galleries as well?

In line with my posting here they are exclusively based around Dawn SE and I have had a couple on such renders included in the monthly staff picks. More recently one of my images was included in the selection for the Poser Pulse campaign. While I am pleased (and surprised) by such picks I am also well aware that there are renders posted here at Hivewire3D that make my renders look like beginners attempts at using Dawn in Poser or DS and it would be good to see such renders at Rendo as well. I am not suggesting for a minute that such examples are not posted here more having them uploaded at Rendo as well.

Oh, so nice to hear you also had DawnSE renders picked by the Rendo staff! Congrats!! I was also surprised they had picked mine this often, since I use DawnSE exclusively, when she is quite unpopular at Rendo (AFAIK). Just by browsing the Rendo galleries, it's like 95% Genesis, 4% LF, and then 1% the rest (very rough estimate). This means we are getting staff picks against all odds. It's an "overload of underdogness".

However, the Rendo galleries are still a mystery to me. So many people posting, but very few browsing. At DeviantArt, a new post can get as many as 1,000 views on a single day, but the same render posted at Rendo gets less than 10 - even the ones picked by the Rendo staff. When I get a feature at DA, that alone can add views by the hundreds of thousands, but at Rendo, it apparently yields nothing. It's like people just post, but there is almost no one browsing there. That's something that has definitely changed from what I remember, but my memories of Rendo are from over a decade ago, so something has changed there.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I had one of my Dawn renders, and one of my Dusk renders, both Staff Picks the week of March 13-19, 2017.

The Dawn render was Ninja Sora, and the Dusk render was Strolling The Beach. I was shocked that 2 of my renders made it the same week, and neither were Artistic Renders I created while beta testing for one of our HW CAs.

Hornet3d

Wise
Thanks!

I have also left Rendo over a decade ago, but now we have DOUBLE reasons to return:

1) They now own Poser, so we have to support them.
2) HW store has moved there, so why not post in their galleries as well?

Oh, so nice to hear you also had DawnSE renders picked by the Rendo staff! Congrats!! I was also surprised they had picked mine this often, since I use DawnSE exclusively, when she is quite unpopular at Rendo (AFAIK). Just by browsing the Rendo galleries, it's like 95% Genesis, 4% LF, and then 1% the rest (very rough estimate). This means we are getting staff picks against all odds. It's an "overload of underdogness".

However, the Rendo galleries are still a mystery to me. So many people posting, but very few browsing. At DeviantArt, a new post can get as many as 1,000 views on a single day, but the same render posted at Rendo gets less than 10 - even the ones picked by the Rendo staff. When I get a feature at DA, that alone can add views by the hundreds of thousands, but at Rendo, it apparently yields nothing. It's like people just post, but there is almost no one browsing there. That's something that has definitely changed from what I remember, but my memories of Rendo are from over a decade ago, so something has changed there.

Rendo is certainly a very different animal than it was a few years ago and while the forums seem to remain busy many of people who used to post there have either left or are on permanent lurk mode. In one sense that is not a bad thing as the forums are much improved but along the way not only the trolls left but a lot of very helpful people went as well. When I left it was total, I deleted my whole gallery, which if I remember rightly was over 200 hundred renders built up over many years, dropped out from the forums and never visited the marketplace. It was only when they purchased Poser that I returned and I have to say with a very heavy heart, at least until I discovered the Rendo of today.

While I still rate Hivewire3D the best forum Rendo is much improved, I was going to say helpful at this point but the forums were always helpful it was just trying to find the helpful information among the flame wars was difficult, thankfully this is not the case today.

I also think Rendo has approached the development of Poser in a good way that bodes well for the future. For me the removal of the Pro version was a good step so everyone all has the same tools and, hopefully, the venders have just a single version to aim at going forward. Their concentration on improving render times and the possible use of the GPU has made Poser 12 a very different beast. I know some will complain of the lack of new features but for me making what was there work better was a where the focus needed to be to start with.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Considering most of the DawnSE users are from Poser (no lack of contents on the DS side), this change on the development might bring much more people to her user base with the release of Poser 12. I agree Poser is better off with a single version, and I've kept repeating through the years that Poser has no such thing as "professional" users - we are all hobbyists here. SMS used to have some odd ideas, like copying morphs to the clothing was something only professional users would do, removing the feature from the standard version. IMHO, it is no wonder Poser had such a demise under them.

This trend of concentrating on new features was another of SMS' mistakes, which led to the Poser core ending up so broken that vendors started to jump the fence to the other side. Rendo will take a long time to fix all that was left behind in that regard before adding new features, which I believe to be the right thing to do right now. When it comes to new features, Rendo has done what most people had asked - upgrade the Superfly version, and they did! It's not 100% yet, but I'd rather play with a pre-release version than to wait another year for the upgrade.

But if there is one thing people want, but don't know they want it yet is the unimesh Poser version that should come out somewhere next year or so. That will be a game-changer when it comes to integrating Poser with other software. DAZ and Reallusion have been investing heavily on this, but Poser will only be able to get started when the unimesh version comes out. Until then, Poser is falling behind on this trend, and it can't be helped.

I believe Rendo is doing all the right things by fixing the Poser core, and FINALLY working on the unimesh version. People may not realize this by now, but this is what Poser needs to get back on its feet and become more competitive. And again, if most Dawn users are on the Poser side, this will also play in her favor! :D

Hornet3d

Wise
I haven't done much of personal renders due to moving the store and Python taking much of my time. This is something with Tempesta3D's Desideria character for Dawn, a bit customized to my style.

I love the character, but then I like almost all of Tempesta3D's characters, the render shows the character off well, fantastic render.

I haven't done any renders for a while with python taking up a lot of my time but in my case I am trying to learn python as I have just started playing with robotic cars and track vehicles. They are all Raspberry Pi based so I need to understand Python to program any of them and, just as in the Poser world, I have having to deal with the move from Python2 to Python3 as many of the programs online are old and are written for Python 2.