• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Yay, @pommerlis and I got our HW figure renders featured at Rendo's pick of the week. Pommerlis has rendered the beautiful HW Tiger, and I (you've guessed it) have renderd DawnSE. []~( ̄▽ ̄)~*

Thank you and congratulations to you aswell.
I'll get the hang of rendering those pesky promo's yet. It feels really nice to play with my own products actually, got me back to where I started this hobby in the first place. :D

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Playing with DawnSE with LF Anime Girl head to see what comes out. Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

AnimeDawnLF_1200.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I am still flabbergasted by how this image above got a thousand views at DA, but 11 at Rendo in the same period. A page view simply means someone cared to look at the image - it doesn't even mean they liked it. Even the render that got featured at Rendo a few days ago has no more than 23 views, so basically nobody cares or follows the Rendo galleries. My first gallery was at Rendo over a decade ago, and it wasn't this bad. That's a main reason I have moved my gallery to DA - where what we post is appreciated for its own merit, and by artists from all medias. What I see getting most attention at the Rendo galleries are demos and promos from bestselling vendors. So I guess people are there for the products, not for the art. Maybe that's what it comes down to.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Now this is a random Anime girl made with DawnSE body + my own Universal Anime head. I wish I could post it Rendo, but it just strips the first frame from the GIF, and ditches the rest, so it's no longer an animation. We are in the 21st century, but the web is still not ready for animation. GIF is very inefficient, it generates very large files, and was made 34 years ago. Google came up with the much better WebP animation format, but most sites and programs prefer to ignore it, Poser included. I love making animations, but I can't post it anywhere, especially now that Flash is no more.

AnimeWalk.gif

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
It's an excellent animation I must say.
One of the few where I actually see the character make contact with the floor while walking if you understand what I mean.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
It's an excellent animation I must say.
One of the few where I actually see the character make contact with the floor while walking if you understand what I mean.

Thanks, Pommerlis. That's the part that tends to be more challenging in Poser, where it doesn't understand the concept of contact with the ground. For instance, when I animate in iClone, this just happens automatically, auto-adjusting feet position and angles using Autodesk Human IK. In Poser, making ground contact is an exercise in patience, going frame-by-frame, readjusting the figure to keep it above ground. This can add a little jerkiness to the motion, as a side-effect. But I still think it's worth it because it makes the animation more realistic. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Made this new "Athena" body sculpt for DawnSE, and this is what came out. She's tall and toned, like she works out. I want to make a version for Dawn2 as well, but it's hard to visualize when I have no textures for her. Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

Athena_1200.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Nice body sculpt Ken. I'm also liking those shoes, are those one of your current creations, or something coming up soon. ;)

Thanks! Those are rather old shoes now. I made them for an outfit I had created for PE, but that was before I knew it was impossible to rig conforming cloth for that figure, so I ended up converting it for Dawn. It has a morph to make it flat soles, turning it into sandals. You have probably seen it many times in my renders by now?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks! Those are rather old shoes now. I made them for an outfit I had created for PE, but that was before I knew it was impossible to rig conforming cloth for that figure, so I ended up converting it for Dawn. It has a morph to make it flat soles, turning it into sandals. You have probably seen it many times in my renders by now?
You may be right, and I just didn't notice them before, which is unusual, but could happen. Any chance you'll be offering them for Dawn at some point, or possibly a "freebie" resource? I'm really liking them. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Are you talking about Daz clones? I was thinking about that for Dawn 2. It would be nice to have clones for her for Dawn Se and the rest of the hivewire family. From memory it's all about creating the same shape using Dawn 2. I have done it before but that was a while back and it's possible the process has changed slightly.

Okay found this

My Goal: TO be able to Autofit Genesis clothing onto Lycanthropos.

Step 1: Load both a base Genesis and Lycanthropos characters into the scene.
Step 2: Smoosh, squeeze, deform, bend and mash Lycanthropos into the genesis shape, matching as many key points as possible.
Step 3: Export the Now mangled Lycanthropos as a .obj file.
Step 4: Import the .obj file as a morph using the morph loader.
Step 5: select the morph in the parameters tab, click the gear in the morph and choose parameter settings: then select the morph type: modifier / clone.
Here:
Creating a autofit clothing clone, do I have the Steps correct?

From memory this is very similar to what I did previously.

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you, Pen! I have talked to Paul, and he said a clone will be available on the next Dawn 2 beta, for those who are beta-testing. So I won't have to make it myself, but I would still love to have clones for Genesis, so I can use her clothing on D2. I was lucky to have clones for all Genesis versions for DawnSE, but I don't recall from where they came from. It's hard to keep track when distribution is forbidden, but everybody wants them.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Close-up on DawnSE's face on her default textures, after a pass with my SkinEdit tool. It removes all shader nodes, leaving only the original textures, and applies my presets values. This is using regular PoserSurface, showing how well done were her default maps. I have vamped up bump value to give the skin more texture. I have intentionally skipped postwork this time, leaving it as it came from Superfly in Poser.

In all these years of Poser rendering, I almost always end up loosing the lashes to blur. In some cases, changing the texture filtering from "Quality" (default), to "Crisp" can help, but still, the only way to get lashes clear in renders is with close-ups.

DawnSE_1200.jpg