• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Are you going to be offering them in a set at some time in the future??? ~hint, hint, hint~

Miss B

CV-BEE
Cool! :D

Oh, and a thought I just had . . . you could also do 1 or 2 more textures for them, and just offer them as a Sweet Deal! ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
Another render to check out a new purchase. This time it is Nahla Rings by Fabiana and Lucila which was recently on sale. They are set up for V4 but with a little bit of playing they can be made to work with Dawn. It is fiddly and takes time but anything from Fabiana and Lucila is worth the effort to do so. They also load as smart props so once you have made the changes they will move with the pose of the fingers. Material in this render is Punked for Nahla Hinkypunk, not there is anything wrong with the materials supplied with the original product, I just loved the sci-fi look shown here.

Nahla Nails HW.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Fabiana's stuff tends to be an insta-buy for me. Unless it's Poser Dynamic or procedurals, and I gather that people have had fair success in dForcing the dynamics.

Hornet3d

Wise
Fabiana's stuff tends to be an insta-buy for me. Unless it's Poser Dynamic or procedurals, and I gather that people have had fair success in dForcing the dynamics.

It was a major loss to Poser when she moved providing for DS only but than I was not shopping at Rendo at the time either so it was just the way it went. Some of the old jewellery that was meant for V4 is still usable with Dawn, as in this case, and that I what I picked up in the sale.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist

I have been using Poser dynamics with hair for YEARS. First with the Dynamic Hair, then with the Cloth Room, then with the Bullet engine soft body dynamics, and then the Bullet engine with Poser magnets, as shown by Nerd3D in one of the SMS webinars. There are many ways to get it done, even if just for the fun of playing with it. ^____^

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I was always a huge fan of Fabi's goodies back in the day. Her daughter Lucila was the DS user back then. I don't use the latest DS version, but if I did, I'd still be buying their goodies, as they're always top notch.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I only have a couple/three strand hair products, but I like them. I just wish I knew how to work with them so I could try creating my own.

You can turn basically any kind of hair into dynamic - it just needs to be long enough to animate,and have enough geometry to bend. With the Bullet engine that ships with Poser 11, we can do that by painting weights on the hair to control which parts will bend, and how much. in iClone, we paint the weights on a texture instead, but it works the same way. iClone used to do it with the Bullet engine, and nowadays it has switched to nVidia's PhysX engine.

Now that I am more familiar with how real-time dynamic cloth works in iClone, I think we can do the same in Poser using the Bullet engine. It's a little work at first, but once it's set up, it should work with many kinds of Poser cloth. :)