• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I think Sora is amazing cute. Sad that she is so underused.

I think I was the only CA to support Sora when she came out. I made a full body and face character for her.

Yes, Pepper seems to have a narrower forehead and longer overall face. You seem to have the Jaw pretty close - maybe bring the temples and everything above them in a bit more with magnets might do it?

Pwppwr's whole head is narrower. Ears are lower, smaller and a little more prominent. Her chin is pointed, yes, but the tip is rounded and again, from the lighting, I'd expect more prominent. Cheekbones don't look as wide, either. Or at any rate, not a wide so high up.

Looking at the reference, it looks like the face is narrower, but when I put one on top of the other, they have the same width. If I scale the whole head to narrow it down, it affects the eyes, nose and mouth as well, which is not what I want. That's why I said this is as good as it gets with dials and magnets. There isn't enough dials to reshape the head to this extent.

Me195

Extraordinary
Why Is He Following Me?
Why is he following me.jpg

Dawn Special Edition - - A HiveWire 3D Creation by CGCubed, Christopher Creek Art, Lisa's Botanicals, and Virtual World - The Dawn of a New Era
CKV-01 for Dawn - A Ken1171 Designs-Volpe Box Collaboration at HiveWire 3D
HiveWire Ruckus for Dusk SE - A HiveWire 3D Creation by Christopher Creek Art and CGCubed
Dusk's Loincloth - A HiveWire 3D Creation by Christopher Creek Art, CGCubed, and CWRW
Dusk's Creature Heads - A HiveWire 3D Creation by CGCubed and Christopher Creek Art
Dusk's Expressions & Visemes - A HiveWire 3D Creation by CGCubed and Christopher Creek Art
Easy Environments Clouds by Flipmode at Daz3d
Animal World Lizards for M4 by Rawart at Daz3d
texture transformer by Blacksmith3d at renderosity
Ak Wings Mega Bundle formerly at RuntimeDNA now at Daz3d
Rendered in Superfly

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
MissB, i think because she has almost no stuff. Poses, outfit, hair, nada.
Yes, only one outfit and hair set came out at the same time with Sora, but you could probably use just about any clothing made for Dawn on her.

Oh and yes, Ken's Cat's Eyes character for her.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Yes, only one outfit and hair set came out at the same time with Sora, but you could probably use just about any clothing made for Dawn on her.

Oh and yes, Ken's Cat's Eyes character for her.

On this pick i use on her a dForce dress from Rhiannon. It was a bit challenging for me, I am pretty new to DS, dForce and tips and tricks here ,but at last it worked. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
On this pick i use on her a dForce dress from Rhiannon. It was a bit challenging for me, I am pretty new to DS, dForce and tips and tricks here ,but at last it worked. :)

I think dForce is way easier for newbies to get started with than hardcore dynamic cloth in Poser, not to mention it's also a decade newer. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I confess I am way more proficient with Poser dynamics than with dForce, which includes the Bullet physics engine that is a lot of fun to use in Poser. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes Ken, it's a word. ;) Whether it's "correctly" used in this sense, I don't know, but I use it as well.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
In meetings and governing councils, it only requires a "second" to open a motion, proposal, or suggestion for discussion and then a vote for approval. But outside those types of meetings, such as in family discussions or between friends, there's no rule that says you can't third it, fourth it, etc., to show yeah! I agree!!!

So, I don't think it sounds wrong at all!

But then, anything I've been known to do among family or friends can't be wrong :wink: Silly maybe ...

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, and I'm liking those "sock" boots. Are those something you whipped up, or did you pick them up somewhere. Curious minds want to know. Well at least THIS curious mind wants to know. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Oh, and I'm liking those "sock" boots. Are those something you whipped up, or did you pick them up somewhere. Curious minds want to know. Well at least THIS curious mind wants to know. ;)

I made these UGG Cardy boots for a commission job many years ago. I think it was for NearMe, and later I've refit them to Dawn back in 2013. I've tried to replicate all the details and proportions, as well as the materials.

OGGCardyBoots.gif