• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Not a bad idea to grab such offers while you can. Eventually you'll have to replace a computer and the OS probably won't run really old versions of things.

Hornet3d

Wise
Corel usually gives existing users the opportunity to buy upgrades before they are launched at a heavily discounted price. They also do bundles such as the one described by Ken1171 which are hard to resist if you can make use of more than one of the titles. Even the standard titles usually come with additional plugins and, although they are often cut down versions, they can prove very useful. I also picked up ParticleShop at a heavily reduced price and have since added extra brushes, again while on sale, which make it a great tool for post work. I have added rain, snow, fog, hair and many lighting effects using Particleshop and it is often much easier to do this post work than using Poser. If you work on a duplicate layer you can add effects and play with the opacity and other attributes and if it does all go wrong you can just delete the layer which is usually quicker than re-rendering in Poser.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Yup, I have used PSP since the times of JASC as well, and still do. My only complain is that the non-destructive adjustment layers I love and use so much are poorly coded, and are prone to crashes and file corruption. Many times I have saved project files in PSP, and later couldn't load them back because of this. It saves files it cannot open back later. I have been reporting this to Corel for YEARS, and they have never fixed it.

Another issue I have with PSP is that we cannot edit text without highlighting it first. That changes the background color, so I can't tell if I am getting the right colors. In Adobe programs we can select the text box, not the text itself, so it doesn't interfere with colors. Besides that, I am a big fan. It does everything I need. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Taking advantage of HW figures sharing the same mesh, I was able to morph Dawn into Dusk with Rodrigo morph, and then back to Dawn with Body Type-2. It would be cool if I could also transition the textures. :)

GenderBender.gif

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I have never heard of Humble Bundle. I was just checking it out and that deal is still going, but it seems too good to be true. I was brought up to be weary of things that seem too good. Have you dealt with them a lot? I would love to jump on the deal, but don't want to be hasty. I have 3 days to ponder it.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have never heard of Humble Bundle. I was just checking it out and that deal is still going, but it seems too good to be true. I was brought up to be weary of things that seem too good. Have you dealt with them a lot? I would love to jump on the deal, but don't want to be hasty. I have 3 days to ponder it.

I have been buying wonderful deals from Humble Bundle for YEARS. Go for it - it's the real deal. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
So some more testing, This time the scene is 'Dreary Room' by TruForm and I have changed the woodwork for a darker looking wood than default and also changed the material on the door handle. Dress is 'La Sera Dynamic Dress for V4 and Dawn' by Frequency and I have used one of the default materials. Choker is 'Rose Raven Jewels V4' by Rhiannon but the material just do not work in Superfly (why should they) so that has been played with as well.

Deadly HW.jpg

raven

Admirable
Ken, if that's in Poser you should be able to transition textures by using a blender node, like I did in this anim. This is DawnSE to DuskSE to DawnSE again. Dawn has an arm tattoo and Dusk has a Van Dyke showing the textures transitioning from one to the other.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Ken, if that's in Poser you should be able to transition textures by using a blender node, like I did in this anim. This is DawnSE to DuskSE to DawnSE again. Dawn has an arm tattoo and Dusk has a Van Dyke showing the textures transitioning from one to the other.

Hey that sounds like a great idea! A blender node can smoothly switch from one texture to another by animating the blending channel. I will try that right away, thanks for the tip! :D

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks to a hint from @raven, I have animated the texture transition between Dawn and Dusk. Much smoother transition now. While doing this, I have realized we cannot just copy and paste the animated materials between the multiple body parts where Dawn and Dusk share the same textures. The pasted materials loose the keyframes. I am not sure if this is a bug or if it has always been like this. Good that Dawn 2.0 won't have repeated textures over multiple parts.

I didn't render this - it's just plain OpenGL preview mode.

GenderBender.gif

LeeMoon

Inspired
I was playing around with intermixing Dawn and Dusk morphs a few days ago. Primarily to get some fine tuning morphs over to Dusk (hip/waist/thighs) and found that the morphs work quite well.

Here's a low quality SuperFly render of Dawn with the Ruckus For Dusk character injected. I copied the Ruckus morphs to the bikini using Poser's Copy Morphs From... menu item. Very happy with the results.

Lee
LadyRuckusLeaps1.jpg