• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, just because . . . . IT'S HALLOWEEN!!!

WelcomeToMyHalloweenHaunt.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks, and no, Halloween isn't celebrated everywhere. I think it's a fun holiday, though we're lucky as one of our doormen decorates the lobby of the building wonderfully each year, and they set up a table with some candy and stuff for the kids in the building so they don't have to go knocking on everyone's door.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I used to love Halloween as a kid, but as an adult I have a petition to move the trick-or-treat ritual to St. Patrick's day :)

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
Hello all, long time no see!

I got inspired again and reworked my free dawn character Nikita.

I added 8k normal maps, thickness maps and also translucency maps. Made a messy ponytail and also added peach fuzz (to break up the harsh normal maps} and fiberbrows. Unfortunately i didnt have enough ram to also add some clothing fibers on the jumper.

I also remorphed the eye area to simulate a real eye.

DawnNikita1.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise

I added 8k normal maps, thickness maps and also translucency maps. Made a messy ponytail and also added peach fuzz (to break up the harsh normal maps} and fiberbrows. Unfortunately i didnt have enough ram to also add some clothing fibers on the jumper.

View attachment 53058

Stunning !!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist

The character and hair look beautiful, awesome job! ^_____^

Miss B

CV-BEE
I have to agree, she's looking very good indeed. :D

Oh, and welcome back. It has been a long time no see. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhh, I wish I had the patience to learn sculpting, especially with the availability of it in various 3D software.

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
Ohhhh, I wish I had the patience to learn sculpting, especially with the availability of it in various 3D software.

Sculpting in zbrush is not so hard. You are only limited by your imagination. A lot of people, especially self portraits, sculp or paint what they want to see, not what they see. I think that's the biggest secret I learned years ago from a crafts teacher.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Sculpting in zbrush is not so hard. You are only limited by your imagination. A lot of people, especially self portraits, sculp or paint what they want to see, not what they see. I think that's the biggest secret I learned years ago from a crafts teacher.

Indeed, I also like to sculpt what I want to see, not what I see. To me, aesthetics are more important than realism, but that's just me. I know a LOT of people will disagree on that, but this is always present in my style.

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
Indeed, I also like to sculpt what I want to see, not what I see. To me, aesthetics are more important than realism, but that's just me. I know a LOT of people will disagree on that, but this is always present in my style.

It also depends on the style. I think there are different rules for cartoons or anime styles characters..

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
Yes, there are different styles for cartoonish and Anime styles, but both stray away from realism. :)

I hope to dive into the anime style soon. I really love the semi realistic anime style ( final fantasy lately). I can draw some cute anime girls but hopefully i can sculpt an anime catgirl soon ^_^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I hope to dive into the anime style soon. I really love the semi realistic anime style ( final fantasy lately). I can draw some cute anime girls but hopefully i can sculpt an anime catgirl soon ^_^

I love Anime catgirls! Can't wait to see yours! ^_____^ Here's my last take on the Final Fantasy semi-realistic style, using Dawn's body and TY2 head --> LINK